Thread: To Flare or not to Flare... or to Meteor.

Default To Flare or not to Flare... or to Meteor.

Okay. I have a Time Mage. He was just a Wizard who just learned Flare. I made him into a Time Mage so that I can get a Summoner. I want said Summoner to have either Black or Time magic as a second ability. So: should I give him Flare by using Black Magic, or should I get Meteor and give him Time MAgic?
    Check out my wecomic or I will bite you.
    FFX is the best FF!

Flare is better than meteor.
    ------------------------------------------------
    I've made a little homepage on FFTA.
    Not much yet, but it'll be bigger when I'm not that busy playing the game =)
    http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/atlerik

It depends. Summoners have discriminate attacks with big range already. Meteor has huge range. But, it also takes a long time to charge and for that reason is very risky. Flare is a bit more powerful and costs less MP. However, it can only attack one enemy at a time. I personally would learn both. Take the Time Magic ability to random battles and use the Black Magic in story battles because you will more often face less, more powerful enemies in storyline battles. Flare is awesome for fighting Zodiac Monsters, while Meteor is great for wiping out several enemies at once. Just take your pick.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Thank you. I'll go with your idea. The only problem is, I have 14 Time Mage JP. I'm doomed. Well, now I'm off to train before I brutally kill Algus! Bai!
    FFX is the best FF!

Your getting Flare AND Meteor befoe you even fight Algus??? You got a loooong way to go. But you'll be in good shape no doubt.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Have you considered mastering all the classes you already are before fighting Algus? Algus sucks in battle as long as you have your good friend speed. I suggest taking out the wizards or healing yourself in between their attacks. Wizards and Knights make Algus seem like Velius in times, but still, bring a few mized classes with nearly unbeatable combos like Blade Grasp for the knights, Magic Defend UP for the wizards, or Arrow Guard on Algus, or break his weapon to make things easier. Basic combos include Yell, and Speed Save, if your an archer. I can name alot more but time is money, right? I wish you luck.
    "We're gonna liberate Balamb, ya know... I mean... We're gonna liberate Balamb." -Zell

"Remember the time you went in the women's wash..."
    "HEY!" -Quistis and Zell

"Great. I'm the captain of a chicken wuss and a guy who just reached puberty." -Seifer

"So you became the sorceress's lapdog."
    "I'd prefer to be called her knight." -Squall and Seifer

"Hey, maybe we should be careful, Laguna."
    "Hey, what's the worst that can happen?" -Ward and Laguna

"Whoa, I'm glad I told you to be careful."
    "Wasn't that me who said that?" -Laguna and Ward

Thanks to Delita, Algus is dead. Sadly though, I couldn't get to his minions first. So I didn't get much experience. Ho hum. I'll get Meteor later. I can't even cast Flare, and Meteor costs more. So I'll get it later.
    FFX is the best FF!

Lemonation, did you draw all those yourself? They are hilarious. You're just too cool.
    -At The Drive-In-