Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
    Squall's personality was explained very thoroughly, and it had nothing to do with being cool whatsoever.
    *laughs* What game did you play?

For the music of Eight and Nine, Nine had decent music, but it only had one or two tunes that really stood out. Every other track was just okay, nothing special. For Eight, it had a couple of really great scores, and a lot of really crappy ones. Nothing really inbetween.
    As for mini-games, neither game had anything worthwhile. Hot and Cold was boring, and the card games were utter crap.

Default Re: My reply

Originally posted by Legolas63
    For all you disbelivers...I have VIVI's picture because i thought he was a good character. I forget to say that. ALL the rest were rubbish and pointless. Vivi had emotions, deep thoughts and was generally a good charater. However, the rest are boring. Zidane loved Garnet? Well it was difficult to tell because he was so unintresting a character, I couldn't care. Compare him to Tidus's & Yuna love of FFX and you'll see my point.

FFVII's materia system is deep, because it was the first of it's type in the series. It was the first steps towards FFVIII's imense junction system. FFIX's is a step backwards, a system so easy, you could do it blindfolded.

Minigames were also unintresting. SKIPPING? Repetitive button bashing. So was running. The only intresting one was frog catching, but even that was marred by Quina Quen, one of the most S*** characters to ever exist.

As the style, its different. I like that, it is a look back at FFs before and so the style is a rapid departure to FFVIII's futuristic style.

As for you Kuja lovers, you can find Kuja nestling in the room at Square's HQ under "Waste Of Time". Deep. the dude is a homicidal maniac for no reason, except he wants to find his origins. So starting a war on a planet is a good reason to do that. Why didn't he find those elemental guardians, kill 'em and go Terra? Because that would be stupid. As is kuja. He is a cross dresser and probably sounds like a girl.

Battle System is next. Trance is a rubbish replacement to Limits. Because it could annoy how you'ld be saving it up and you get hurt, and have to use it againist a little creature. it should have been made optional when you select it.

I might hate FFIX, but this is my opinion. I admit, it is better than most games and I should be happy with it. But I'm not. Not to be spoilt, but it is like a poor cousin of the series, one that taints the whole family.
    FFVII's system was completely simple, as simple than ff9's system. The mini-games were hard. I liked them personally. Better tahn your cut and slash cloud strife syndrome. Kuja, however, was a great villain. He DID have a reason for existance unlike you say. The reason he didnt kill the gaurdians is because he wasnt strong enough. He fought zidane to make him go into trance so he COULD defeat the gaurdains. As for being a homocidal maniac, what do you call Squall?! Kuja wanted to take over earth and revive the dead sould of Terra. About the trance systems. They were good in my opinion. You couldnt just go in and beat the heck out of a boss. That would make it too easy. The people here at EoFF here dont like FF bashing, especially from Noobs who come in to do just that. Just pick your fights. This isnt one you want to get into, because almost anybody here can prove what you say wrong.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

UltimaSepheroth

oh joy...
    another one of these threads.
    Legolas63, you obviously have not been here long.
    I bet you have not even gotten past the first 5 minutes of any of the Final Fantasy games, because if you had then you wouldn't be so @$#%in' stubborn about ff9.
    you are wrong about ff9,
    and ALOT of people here would agree with me in saying that.

so here's a little bit of advice...

<HTML> QUIT TRASHING THE FRIGGIN' GAME</HTML>
    Final Fantasy IX is possibly one of the greatest Final Fantasies in the series and you sound stupid for trashing it!

Hey Guys, thanks for the advice! But hey, it's a free country so i surpose, i could just continue. Anyway, I ain't THAT new, i've been around for some months. But i guess, you'll prove that wrong too. Still, I'll just like to damn FFIX some more.

Right, first point. FFIX is a fine game. i never, said it wasn't. I just think it is the WORST FF ever. I was disapointed with it, in fact...so disapointed with it, it turned into HATE. It IS the worst. I'm just expressing my opinion about it.

Kuja, however, was a great villain. He DID have a reason for existance unlike you say. The reason he didnt kill the gaurdians is because he wasnt strong enough. He fought zidane to make him go into trance so he COULD defeat the gaurdains. As for being a homocidal maniac, what do you call Squall?!
    What? A transvestite (Nothing againist Transvestites) who wants to destroy worlds? That seems sane. Plus, your reason for not destroying the guardians, seems weak. He only goes into Trance, when he goes FLIPPING MENTAL so I guess that proves he IS a mental case. Also, Squall had problems like most teenagers who wer adopted, lost their only companion (Ellone) and rasied to fight, maim & kill creatures & people without remorse. Anyway, he mellows near the end, so he isn't a mental case. Kuja, is a villian who mellows at the end. WHY? If he's evil, why does he go almost good. (If you want prove, it's when Zidane *SPOILER* at the end, so i guess that proves I've completed it). Think about it, Kefka diddn't mellow, and he is a great villian. Full of Malice and spite, and boliing with pure evil.

. In FF9, characters at least have some difference, and you're to use them strategically.
    Yes, but you couldn't switch them mid battle could you? So you either played with a select team or you switched them after battles like some strange person. Also, Zidane is the main chrcter, so he should be kick ass (Like cloud Or squall), a character you want to play as. But now, he has theifing skills. Whup de F***!? Sometimes, i wished, i could dump him, and switch to Steiner or sumthing. Also, FFVI may have had characters with differing skills, but none were the main character, so you could play with a team you perfereed, which is better, so you can battle how you want, without having a S*** main character like Zidane.

Also, the card game WAS rubbish. No skill, or depth like FFVIII's card game. Mini Games were rubbish, and you have to admi it, there weanr't up to the quality of previous FF's.

Basically, I believe, FFIX IS the worst FF. And yes, i appreciate that I will get people in surport and agianist, but calling me names is just pathetic. surely if you think FFIX is any good, you would be able to surport it without calling me "Newbie", and would simply surport it using it's merits.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

With the exception of the craziness bit I'm gonna have to side with Legolas.

Kenshin IV Squall WAS explained, and HAD'NT anything to do with cool.

What wasn't explained is how a thief could go in to kidnap a teenage princess, without knowing she wanted to leave, nearly get her killed several times in the process, and still have the nerve to insult a knight for standing by his duty and wishes to protect the princess. Not to mention that he actually grabs her ass shortly after meeting her, which would certainly lead me to question his motives for kidnapping her had I been Steiner, or Dagger for that matter.

The card game was good, it was just a waste of time. FFVIII's was good, AND very useful, and actually fun to complete the set.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

UltimaSepheroth

[q=Legolas63]Right, first point. FFIX is a fine game. i never, said it wasn't. I just think it is the WORST FF ever. I was disapointed with it, in fact...so disapointed with it, it turned into HATE. It IS the worst. I'm just expressing my opinion about it.

[/q]

keep your opinion on that to yourself
    just because you think that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else thinks that too so you don't need to waste a thread on it.

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
    Kenshin IV Squall WAS explained, and HAD'NT anything to do with cool.
    *laughs again* You keep telling yourself that.

There isnt any point arguing this matter any longer. Whichever side you're on is going to argue untuil the death. Lets put it this way. FF9 is a good game in my opinion. You hate it as you said. You keep chainging your views on it. First its a good game, then it sucks. Make up your mind. You say the charachters stink, but you have a Vivi Avatar because he is "the only good charachter". Once again, an opinion. If you hate the game, you obviously hate everything about it. Hate is a strong word. You wanna see a psycho villain? Look at Sephiroth. Kuja however wasnt a transvestite. He had no sex because he was a Geonome. Zidane is a male charachter with male charachteristics, but he too is a geonome. Kuja and Zidane have male charachteristics, true, but are both sexless as explained by the girl on Bran Bal. Research man research :o

Although, Zidane seems to have some sort of thing down there, since he at one point is taking a piss with Vivi in Madain Sari.

I personally think FF9 is a really great game. It is not the "best" in the series, but I certainly find it the most entertaining and fun to play. I like all the characters. There's none that I really dislike, but there's none that I'm really crazy about either. The story is more than just good, it's great. Once again, not the best story in the series, but its greatness is still there. And I'm also in love with the soundtrack. Definitely one of the best in the series, in my opinion.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

The Terrans (Zidane Kuja) do have sexes. When in Terra, talk to one of our little munky-girls and you'll ask if she's a boy a girl or something like that, i can't remember exactly, and she tells you that asexual beings lack the ability to flourish in society or something like that. Since they were created to cause chaos in different worlds..what better way than to rule over society and cause war. And come on... how often would people let someone with no sexual organs whatsoever lead them to war. thats the reason why they couldn't flourish in society. they need to fit in to their surroundings. So... yes, they have wee willy winkies. And no, Kuja is not a transvestite and he isn't psycho. But, like Vincent said, he could argue about it till we are all blue in the face and it wouldn't accomplise anything. and IMHO, I find Kuja to be miles and miles ahead of Sephiroth. (prolly shouldn't have said that, cuz it'll just start another war)
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Originally posted by ShadyMilkman
    she tells you that asexual beings lack the ability to flourish in society or something like that.
    You just said yourself that they didnt have sexes hahaa

I said asexual beings would LACK the ability to flourish. and Asexual means that it reproduces by itself, i.e.: has no sex.... so unless I typoed somewhere.... the have sexes. they have chicks and guys..... boys and girls.... whatever you wanna say.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

the geonomes are made inside of pods. Go back to bran bal

So what if they are made in pods???? You can give something in a pod sexual organs. Why couldn't you???? If they are being created, which they are, and are intended to fit in to their "target planet", which they are, then why wouldn't Garland give Zidane and Kuja sexual organs?
    -At The Drive-In-

No. They abtain a sexual status after they're body is taken over by the dead Terran host. Imagine a blank faced puppet. It doesnt have any sex untuil you put it on it, using paint or such. A genome is as the same. Zidane and Kuja have sexual organs, but are still geonomes. The reason for this is because they are free spirited unlike the others. Garland probably gave them a sex so they wouldnt be transvestites on Gaia. Besides, if that was true, they'd have to rate the game A for extreme sexual content