Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Storywise, weak. Statswise, powerful.

Yeah, I agree with that, but since Tidus was being compared to other main characters from other games ("...Tidus is way more powerful than Cloud, Squall and Zidane.") I figured we were referring to them by story. I mean, you can't compare the stats of different characters from different games. Das juz silly!
    Last edited by Kenshin IV; 09-17-2003 at 01:59 AM.

Originally posted by Legolas63
    I agree, everyone should be able to discuss it like mature people. But hey, I think people should discuss this more. FFIX was VERY different to the other FF's on the PS1, so maybe, others have opinions about it.

Howver, i still have some more points that I want to put 4 my case.

GRAPHICS
    i don't no why, but they don't seem to be AS good as the other PS1 FF's. FFVII felt solid and chunky, FFVIII's felt real & organic (If a little flickery) but FFIX doesn't feel right. Like they don't feel normal. The summons in paticualr. GFs (FF8) had FMV/Graphics and so looked more impressive, FFVII's felt chunky, yet knda good looking. But FFIX's.....they felt wrong. i can't dexcribe it very well.

STYLE
    Cartoony? I didn't like it.
    Medievil? Great, a breath of fresh air

ZIDANE
    Kick ass? if he can only do 9999, then that's not that great. Cloud can do 9999+ thanks to OmniSlash, and Squall can do even greater thanks to Rendozukan/Lionheart.
    Maybe Square, wanted to distance themselves from the whupass main guy. But i just didn't like it. He leaned too much towardd being weak, rather then being overly hard. Tidus, is very well balanced, being not too weak, but not too strong.

SUMMONS
    What happened to Ifrit? He looks terrible!
    Ark is possibly, the most rubbish summon ever,*(In my opinion), too long, for not enough damage (Eden in FF8 did over 9999 if you boosted it), although it switching into a giant robot was kinda cool.

SEND OFF?
    Was it a good send off to the FF's on PS1. and before?
    I would have to say...........no.

(Oh yeah, I disagree. FF Adventure on the GB is the WORST by far, but I was discussinf TRUE FF's)
    Okay lets start again. The graphics were better than 7's, which were composed of blocks and polygons. Secondly, you say you like the original ff.s THEY WERE CARTOONY!! You hate cartoons but like the originals, which are, HEY , CARTOONY! THEY ALL WERE! FF7 AND 8 WERE THE ONLY NON CARTOONY ONES. As for comparing the charachters, thats just stupid. all of the charachters were on different systems. They (in every game) had different attack powers and such. If they were all on the same STANDARD, tahn heck, Vivi could kill them all. Now for ifrit's appearance. Ifrit looked good in this game. In ff7, he was a green blob with horns. In ff8, he was a weak boss that you could easily beat in under 4 minutes, 1 if your a little over leveled. You cant really compare the summon's attack power either, as like recently stated, the games aretn on the same standard! Stop bashing ff9. Give up already.

Oh and as for tidus being a strong charachter, I just ahve to say this.......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That whiny brat couldnt kill a sparrow! Thats just my opinon however. He was, though, voted "Whiniest Brat" by Electronic Gaming Monthly.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Legolas63:
    ZIDANE
    Kick ass? if he can only do 9999, then that's not that great. Cloud can do 9999+ thanks to OmniSlash, and Squall can do even greater thanks to Rendozukan/Lionheart.
    Me:
    Legolas I agree a with a lot of what you said, but I should point out Tidus is way more powerful than Cloud, Squall and Zidane.
    Kenshin IV:
    Yeah, I agree with that, but since Tidus was being compared to other main characters from other games ("...Tidus is way more powerful than Cloud, Squall and Zidane.") I figured we were referring to them by story. I mean, you can't compare the stats of different characters from different games. Das juz silly!
    The laugh thing is annoying enough when it's over a game, but doing it because you assumed I switched topic in the space of one post and didn't mention it....

Vincent06 the Ifrit fight is more complicated than running in and beating him as soon as possible in VIII. But that's not important.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Sorry, I assumed you were at least smart enough to not compare statistics of characters from different games. Guess I was wrong.

FF9, by itself, is a fine RPG, and a worthwhile game. It had some challange, but not a whole lot. It just wasn't up to par with the rest of the FFs, 10 included. It had great mini games, and that was where about half the fun was. Musically, it was great. The graphics were pretty good, and the gamplay was alright. I found the battles to be a bit sluggish for some reason, but I dealt with it.

FF10 is actually the almost right behind FF9 for worst FF, but I won't go into that. Although FF Tactics Advance was pretty neat-o. I like what I see so far from that.

And Vincent06, real people do not look like FF7 polygons. FF7 was as cartoonish as the previous FFs.

Hey guys here in Brasil ( dont know in others parts of the world) but here we are used to say this when whe arge about people likes and dislikes: Gosto não se descute( i guess it mean: Whe dont argue about likes and dislikes), so its ok for people to say why they dont like FF9 or the stuff in the game, as long as they dont swear or say bad things about it, it will be nice, even fun, but to say that FF9 is a bunch of trout is too much, this forum is to discuss FF9 not to say bad thing about it or to get an "war" started and if u really want to say bad stuff about this game go to another forum or talk to someone else, cuz nobody here want to listem bad things about the games their like, as i already said Gosto não se descute( i guess in portuguese it sounds cooler, but i cant translate it well, but it can also be: Preferences are unargable( did i said it right ??? i tried to say something like cant arge.), im in the english school yet ) Well, why do i like FF9 ??? Cuz it was my First FF i've played and second playstation game( first Chrono Cross), but i just feel something good about FF9, forgot to talk about Odin , yeah, but lets talk about Odin later, i made my point in this reply.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Almighty Soninho- Brasil Top 5 Age of Mythology, Top 10 in the world in the year 2000 on Age of Kings
    Destemidos Guerreiros do Sul Forever, best AOM-AOK clan in Brasil.

Hi!

Yeah, 1-6 were cartoony, but with the limitations of the hardware, i'd let them off. Anyway, wer the appeal of them the graphics. NOPE. FF7 are simplistic, but look at the FMV's, Square tried to make them look real, less cartoony so there you go. FF9, they tried to MAKE them cartoony, which, i feel is wrong. i also hate Zelda's The Wind Waker crtoony look, but it's a great game.(I'm going off subject)

As for Ifrit, I'm not comparing strength, I'm comparing look, and FF8's Ifrit looks SO much better then FF9's.

I found the battles to be a bit sluggish for some reason, but I dealt with it.
    I agree, they did feel sluggish, and just a TAD boring. Although, in it's defence, FFx's were even more boring at times with the random battaling

As for Tidus vs Zidane, Zidane was a more 2D character, he didn't have much depth, wheras Tidus's feelings were well explained For example, why was Zidane think he was a ladies man? No idea. but why did tidus hate his dad? Play the game, and he explains it in Guadosalam.

The enviroments didn't feel as great either. Not as real, or as unreal. they felt detached. Rather then bring the player in, they put he/she out, so it felt unatural.

And, by the way, the story was SO weak.

Stop bashing ff9. Give up already.
    Why? I'm just expressing my opinion. Obviously, you can't.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Kenshin IV:
    Sorry, I assumed you were at least smart enough to not compare statistics of characters from different games. Guess I was wrong.
    Okay, if you're gonna flame me, at least do it properly and think about it first. I'd just given quotes the post before showing I was directly responding to a comment about stats.

I actually didn't find the battles slow. They broke up the tedium of trekking through yet another channeled route.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

*contiues laughing* I like you.

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hi, guys. *waves*

Now, someone brought this thread to my attention, especially the arguing/flaming of several of you. Kindly tone that down. Arguing your point is just fine, but you need to do it in a mature manner. No flaming.

Thanks.

Also: is this a thread about FFIX, or comparing FFIX to FFX and others? Please stay on topic.

Originally posted by Legolas63
    Why? I'm just expressing my opinion. Obviously, you can't.
    Okay first of all, that was a slam at my person which I will ignore. just want to say that. As for ff9, I think it's a fine rpg. The best in my opinion. The worst HAD to be 10. Tidus was a whiny boy with poor self esteem. He was also kinda stupid. Maybe its just me, but the plot was stupid as well. I hated FF 10. FF9 however was great. As for ifrit's appearance, I still have to go with FF9's. 8's was too odd. The hair on his neck looked like bulged veins. He looked constipated as well. As for his move, wow that was original. A flaming ball. Wow. Who thought of that one? Now onto the weak story. Generally all of the storys in any FF game are weak depending on how you look at them. YOur looking at it from a hating attitude. Of course the plot was weak in your opinion. If I hated FF7 than I would say the plot stank too so it'd look bad. I think this thread should be closed, mainly because it has no purpose. Its just a whole lot of senseless flaming. Give it up already Legolas. FF9 was a great game with good graphics, summons, and the cartoony style was good too. It's better than the "you suck" attitude that cloud and squalls non-cartoony games carried around in my opinion.

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vincent06, please read my post which is directly before yours. Kindly tone it down. Thank you.

If u guys havent realized that flaming each other or flaming other people favorite games it will just brimg more flaming, thats stupid, so as everyone here has proved their points this subject should be left alone, what u guys are doing is trout, first one comes and flames FF9 in the FF9 forum( kinda stupid) and tries to change people minds by flaming it even more ( more stupid stuff) and the FF9 fans who trie to change the minds of people who dont like FF9( watch out for that studid stuff again), ok, u have all proved ur points, its time to stop, its getting pretty anoying.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Almighty Soninho- Brasil Top 5 Age of Mythology, Top 10 in the world in the year 2000 on Age of Kings
    Destemidos Guerreiros do Sul Forever, best AOM-AOK clan in Brasil.

Originally posted by Daryl
    Vincent06, please read my post which is directly before yours. Kindly tone it down. Thank you.

Ooops....sorry 'bout that daryl