Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

UltimaSepheroth

someone kill this thread already!:rabite:

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

UltimaSepheroth: If this thread turns back into intelligent discussion about FFIX, it'll stay open. But if it turns back into a flame-fest, it's gone.

And please don't post in the future just to say things like "kill this thread" - staff is monitering to see if it needs "killing", and that post was unnecessary. Thank you.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

OOC:Hahaha it's great when a mod gets called in to stop people telling each other to stop flaming . Anyway at least I can get back to the topic as I don't want Kenshin to suffer any injuries from laughing to hard .

Okay noone actually posted about FFIX since my last post so I'll repeat a question I asked a while ago. How can Zidane's actions be justified?
    He was ignorant and rude to someone who was only doing his job and trying to protect a sixteen year old princess. He KIDNAPPED a sixteen year old princess. He grabbed the ass of a sixteen year old princess with no particular reason to think she'd appreciate that.
    Not to mention he was a member of a gang of thieves, and known for not having any real respect for anyone, including girls he got close to.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Zidane was (spoiler) hired by Cid to kidnap Garnet so that justifies that. As for being disrespectful, I thought he was only like that because he wanted to just have fun. He didnt mean anything by it, but he sometiems just got a little immature.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah, everything you mentioned Zidane doing pretty much fits his character perfectly.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
    He KIDNAPPED a sixteen year old princess.
    She wanted to be kidnapped
    Anyway Zidane wouldn't have hurt her, he may have been immature and cheeky but he had good intentions and a good heart. He looked after Garnet, he grew more mature and grew to love her and this is why I think he's a great character ^^
    rawr

I know why he was sent to kidnapp her, but this is only mentioned once in the game with neither Steiner nor Zidane in the room.
    That means Zidane was totally unjustified in argueing with Steiner, because for all he knew Zidane wanted to rape the prettiest girl in the Kingdom, or randsom her.
    Though given he never mentions it, and the deal was between Cid and Baku, there's no reason to think Zidane even knew what the real purpose of the kidnapping was.

I also know Dagger wanted to be kidnapped, but Zidane certainly didn't when he went in to kidnapp her.

ShadyMilkman:
    Yeah, everything you mentioned Zidane doing pretty much fits his character perfectly.
    Are you agreeing with me? That kinda confused me wording wise.

Are you agreeing with me? That kinda confused me wording wise.
    Depends on how you look at it. Zidane was a younger, more energetic hero than Squall and Cloud. He was also....hornier. He had no problem expressing the fact that he found Garnet to be darn sexy. We all know Squall liked Rinoa... but he wouldn't say anything. Zidane thinks Garnet is hot... and lets us know! I'm saying that him kidnapping fits the life of a thief. Boss says go get her, you go get her. And as far as arguing with Steiner....Steiner acted like a macho knight-in-shining-armor wannabe at the beginning of the game (which he was, although he became an excellent knight for the princess/queen Garnet at the end).... so why not argue with him. Zidane probably found it amusing. As far as grabbing Garnet's backside....I guess he just couldn't help himself. He hits on her hard in the first half of the game because he still has the rough edges of his Thief lifestyle. But I feel he is a great character. The perfect fit for this game in terms of a main character. And I guess if you still want a "don't talk to me" "I don't care" "too-cool-for-school" character with a nifty weapon.... Amarant is here for you. I personally feel that every character fit his role in the plot and in battle very well. And FFIX is my 3rd favorite FF, right behind #1:FF and #2:FFVIII....
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

My problem with him argueing with Steiner is that for all Steiner knew Zidane was taking Dagger away to rape and torture her. At no point did Zidane make any real attempt to suggest otherwise, assuming that wasn't his initial plan.

I have no problem with a lively main character, but if that means he has to be arrogant, immoral and disrespectful, then I'll take a quiet thoughtful character any day. Unless of course I'm playing GTA.

I think Zidane was alot like any horny, sex-deprived tennager. (I.e.: me especially) He acts shady and pretends like he is big and bad... but he is really innocent in the end. He'd never do anything to Garnet if he had the chance. As for Steiner, I could understand why he would be upset. But it added to the plot and gave it a comedic touch. Zidane enjoyed getting Steiner all riled up, so he kept acting shady jsut to tick him off. Like when you have a substitute teacher and you organize everyone to raise their hands all at once just to be mean.
    -At The Drive-In-

Zidane didnt have to explain anything to Steiner. He wasn't listening to stiner and didnt even care what he thought. His boss was Baku and Cid. Why care what Steiner thinks?
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
    My problem with him argueing with Steiner is that for all Steiner knew Zidane was taking Dagger away to rape and torture her. At no point did Zidane make any real attempt to suggest otherwise, assuming that wasn't his initial plan.

You could argue that point in defense of Steiner, but Zidane didn't really do anything to indicate he intended any ill will towards Garnet. Sure, he touched her ass, but that itself could be argued as accidental and not intentional. The fact is that Zidane went after Garnet in the forest, and he chose to bring Steiner along. He could have just taken Vivi, but he chose to take Steiner along also. And even after that, Steiner still gave Zidane a hard time despite the fact that he had the oppurtunity to umm..."disrespect" Garnet, but Zidane never took it because it didn't fit his character.

Even Garnet told Steiner to cool it at certain times. She trusted Zidane enough at the beginning of the game to do what needed to be done. She probably didn't trust him completely until a little later, but the point is she trusted him enough at the beginning, and she never really made any attempt to get away from him.
    "Game over? Damn right I'm over!"

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apart from what's been mentioned, the relationship between Zidane and Steiner was funny! It added some humour to the game to see Steiner being the worrying knight and Zidane calling him "Rusty". Sure I felt a little sorry for Steiner at times, and he was right in trying to protect the princess, but if Zidane had just been nice and polite and cooperative and said "ok I won't kidnap her" then the game would have ended 5 minutes in
    rawr

Default I'm back!

Xander, I agree, it WAS funny. If a bit annoying at times. Here's some more point's id like to discuss.

I’m a fair guy, so I’m gonna say some good points of FFIX. (And some bad points) SPOILERS

CHARACTERS
    Play as unique characters. I suppose that makes a difference compared to FFVII & FFVIII where characters weren’t that different. However, Square probably wanted to distance themselves from the non-customisation of FF1-4. From then each FF has become more customisable, as square realise that players nowadays want less boundaries.

ZIDANE-He is a 2D character with an annoying personality. As for his strength, that doesn’t matter, but while I’m here, he was weak. He was underdeveloped in places.
    For example, why didn’t he know the truth about him and fellow Terrans? I don’t remember Garland whipping his memory. If he is an “Angel Of Death” surly he would know his purpose? Maybe Square wanted to distance themselves from strong heroes, but who wants to play as a wimp? As for the half-human thing, who cares? I’d play as any hero, but I do like them to be that…. a HERO. Not a thieving vagrant. He was horny as well. Who wants' to hang around ahorny guy? But a hrny girl, that's cool with me.

GARNET- She was a bit weak(Personality, not Stats). Tifa (FF7), Rinoa (FF8) & Yuna (FF10) could all handle themselves, yet still have that bit of weakness that made them human. Garnet was all weak, or as some say, a bit damp. Yet again, Maybe Square wanted to distance themselves from strong women, but who wants to play as a wimp?

SUMMONS-My opinions on them all.

SHIVA-Ok, but not as good looking as FF8
    IFRIT-Hated the look (And I hated FF7’s look as well) FF8’s look rocked
    FENRIR-I did like this one, was kinda cool. But disliked the Golum thing’s punch!
    PHOENIX-Is there a FF where this one sucks? Ope.
    CARBUNCLE-I like the Gem thing, but other then that, not as nice looking as FF8
    MADEEN-Great!
    RAMUH-Poor, he just didn’t look as nice or cool
    LEVIATHAN-Not as good as FF8’s better then FF7’s
    ATOMOS-Good, I like this look, and it is a cool looking summon
    ODIN-How can I slag off Odin?
    ALEXANDER-Not a true summon, but it sure looks cool!
    BAHAMUT-terrible, FF8’s was better. Hell even FF10’s was better.
    ARK-The worst. The most long, boring & untimely weak summon. Worst in FFIX

TERRA- (Spoilers ahead)
    Right if Zidane is a Genome &, as is Kuja. Why does Kuja look so different? Plus, if they are asexual, why is Zidane manlier? Surely if it was main point of the story, the other characters would have said, “God kuja’s looks a bit girly”. Also, why is Terra, a life-sucking machine? Why is Garland, wanting to consume Gaia. If he did that, then Terra would eventually perish cause theirs no more souls to consume? If they have no personality, why did Kuja & Zidane develop one? Also, why do they have names, if they are dolls? Maybe I wasn’t paying attention, but I want explanation.

NECRON- (Spoilers)
    So Necron is evil and the final boss. Why? He has no part in the story, no mention. Maybe it would have been better if he was mentioned like as a myth. Same about the crystal, why is it not mentioned until the end. Very annoying, and it feels like they were chucked in at the last minute to add some weight to the tale.

TRANCE-
    A terrible replacement to Limits. Also, Zidnae’s DYNE breaks don’t look THAT impressive, whereas, Squalls were very cool. Another thing, why step back from the interactive limits like FF8’ with u pressing R1 or others for Zell & squall. It just felkt like a step backwards.

OZMA
    Is very weird. I was struggling with this boss at one time, with levels about 93, and all abilities, yet mange to beat it at around 67 on another save! At least the Weapons (Ruby,Omega etc) weren’t so unpredictable.
    On another thing, where are the WEAPONS? They are one of my favourite bits of the series, with each one being challenging. If this is a lookback to the series, where are they?

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Oh yeah, i wasn't flamming you Vincent06. You're cool. I was flamming SOMEONE ELSE. Can't think who...

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"