Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Default Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Why have I said that? Well, it's because it is. Here's the reasons.

1)ITS TOO EASY
    Surely an FF is a quest, an epic that you can explore and get hours and hours out the main quest alone. A quest where you have to train until strong enough to beat the many monsters that stand in your way. Not with FFIX. On my first play though, I beat Necron at level 32 with Zidane. I got to the 3rd disc in 16hrs. What is the point in that? I spent £40 on a game, and a Final Fantasy and I can almost complete in less then a day!

2)CHARACTERS
    Are whimsical, pointless and 2D good enough. These words describe them perfectly.

3)MAGIC SYSTEM
    Is very clever, but way too easy. What happened to the deep junction systems in FFVII FFVIII & FFX? Was FFIX the poor, lazy brother out of these epics?

And these are just a few reasons.
    Discuss.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Since this forum is particularly dedicated to the fans of FFIX, I strongly suggest you don't start any fights; they will only turn into pointless flame wars.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

Angry

Hater...
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Default Re: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Originally posted by Legolas63

1)ITS TOO EASY
    Surely an FF is a quest, an epic that you can explore and get hours and hours out the main quest alone. A quest where you have to train until strong enough to beat the many monsters that stand in your way. Not with FFIX. On my first play though, I beat Necron at level 32 with Zidane. I got to the 3rd disc in 16hrs. What is the point in that? I spent £40 on a game, and a Final Fantasy and I can almost complete in less then a day!

2)CHARACTERS
    Are whimsical, pointless and 2D good enough. These words describe them perfectly.

3)MAGIC SYSTEM
    Is very clever, but way too easy. What happened to the deep junction systems in FFVII FFVIII & FFX? Was FFIX the poor, lazy brother out of these epics?

And these are just a few reasons.
    Discuss.

You look to hard at the game. Take a step back before you flame it. I'm sure we could all say the same about FF7 and 8. My friend beat Safer Sephiroth at level 40 with 1,500 hp. My other friend beat ff8 in 20 hours with all junctions and gfs. See, all of them are easy as long as you know how to do it. As for the charachters, they are perfect in my opinion. The main charachter is for once not a ticked off 20 year old with a bad atttitude and a colossal weapon, moreover he has spirit and individuality. Secondly, all of the characters in this game were individuals, because none had the same skills. In FF7 and 8 everybody has the same skills, tactics, and abuilitys so no matter which way you go you baisically have 8 of the same guy. Just think before you flame next time. Most of the guys in here love FF9 and can prove anything you say to be wrong. No offense, but most guys and gals around here dont like ff bashing.

Just please.... do us a favor.. and delete this thread before Kurohime sees it. She is in LOVE with zidane... and she gerts mad at 9 bashers.... ooh boy...
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Default Re: Re: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Originally posted by Vincent06
    Just please.... do us a favor.. and delete this thread before Kurohime sees it. She is in LOVE with zidane... and she gerts mad at 9 bashers.... ooh boy...
    Then you should tell Kurohime to respect others' opinions.

Personally, I think FF9 is the worst game in the series, but I don't hate it. By itself, it's a great game. My only problem is like Legolas63 said, it's just too blasted easy. The optional side bossses were the only real challenges I could find. But, still, I've faced alot harder in a FF.

EDIT: Also, junctioning was only in FF8. It was nowhere to be found in FFs 7 and 10.

Default Re: Re: Re: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Originally posted by Mr. Graves
    Personally, I think FF9 is the worst game in the series, but I don't hate it.
    It's the 'worst game' in the series for me but as Mr.Graves says I don't hate it!.... I was just irritated by the story. At first I was enjoying it but then the story about Terra came into play and the memory into one life source.... I wasn't too convinced on that story part... and then... came Nectron!!! This end boss who had absolutely nothing to do with the story just appeared! I know in other FFs there are things copied but IX just stole the crown! It ripped off everything from Star Wars to The Matrix! I never felt attached to Zidane, Kuja was just a cross-dresser and it was such a shame on that story because, as I said before, in the beginning I really thought I was starting a great FF but some parts just felt like someone had woke up one day and decided "Hmm, how best can I make up a load of crap to ruin a good FF?"
    I really thought there would be good story in the bit when Zidane sees Garnet's memory but instead it was the memory into one life source...
    However it may seem as though I hate it- I really didn't! There was only a few pieces I didn't like! The music was great, the ending heartwarming. My end feelings on IX? Not my favourite but we're all entitled to our own opinions afterall...
    Last edited by Leia; 09-15-2003 at 08:03 PM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Originally posted by Leia
    It ripped off everything from Star Wars to The Matrix!
    Well, FF9 was actually made before the Matix, so in truth, the Matrix ripped off FF9. But yes, we're all entitled to out own opinions. FF9 was my favorite.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah, FF2j, then FF4 are the ones I like least FF9 is okayish, but there's something about it that doesn't make me want to replay this game any time soon, maybe the lack of fun side quests or variations on story, or a lack of overly interesting storyline and characters, unlike with FF6 or FF7

Originally posted by SpikingZero
    Since this forum is particularly dedicated to the fans of FFIX
    Not true. This forum is for discussing FF9 - if someone wants to point out the bad things about the game, they're free to do so.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Angry

Okay, its time for me to get quite upset. Ahem, first off, Don't say how horrible or pathetic something is and then attempt to change everything and say "I didn't mean it like that" Or "I didn't hate it" just after you said it sucked and was the worst you've ever played. Secondly, I loved this game. It's no easier then any other FF.. as pointed out before. And as someone else also stated, the characters are FINALLY individual. And of course it has tons of references from other FFs and various games.... It was SUPPOSED to. It told you before you even opened the case that it was in part a history of the previous eight FFs. And you really shouldn't tell other people to respect your opinion when you come into a forum ranting and raving about how bad the game is and how nobody can tell you different cuz you are always right and if anyone else thinks differently, then they just suck. My hands and fingers are tired now, so I'm going to go to another, more intelligent forum.:chop:
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Originally posted by crono_logical
    Not true. This forum is for discussing FF9 - if someone wants to point out the bad things about the game, they're free to do so.
    I was just being pre-emptive about a potential flame war.

Default Re: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

Since when are opinions considered as fact...
    1)ITS TOO EASY
    And that's the way you play the game. Others can clock the game in at nearly 40 hours. I've come close to that time myself. Now as far as beating Necron goes...have you noticed the amount of HP he has? He only has about 50,000HP. Using FFVII as an example, Safer Sephiroth has 150,000HP. You only needed to be at level 32 to beat Necron because, quite frankly, at that level, you were doing enough damage to take out Necron. FFIX was designed this way. All the bosses and enemies had less HP then in some of the other Final Fantasies, so you didn't have to be at such a high level to go through the game.
    2)CHARACTERS
    And again, that's your opinion of the characters. Me, I find Zidane a refreshing change for a main character compared to Cloud who was a moody schizophrenic and Squall who was a loner with enough angst to level cities. It was nice to have a main character who had a positive outlook on things and was generally upbeat.

And then you have Vivi, who I find to be one of the deepest characters to ever come out of any Final Fantasy. And I can't see how anyone could disagree.

Of course, there's also Garnet who is second only to Terra as one of the best Final Fantasy female leads I've ever seen.

And then there's Kuja. Some people hate him with a passion. I personally think he's the best villain to come out of Final Fantasy. To me, he is leaps and bounds better than Sephiroth from the way he carried himself, to his motives for doing what he does.

The rest of the characters, admittedly, have their cliche places, but that's true for most of the final fantasies.

3)MAGIC SYSTEM
    Alright, what was so deep about the Materia system from FFVII? I want this character to have fire. I'll equip him with fire materia.

Or the Sphere system from FFX. Lesse, I'll have the character traverse this grid, and use spheres to activate abilities and attributes.

There's nothing particulary deep about either of these systems. The only one you could make an arguement for is FFVIII where you stats depended on Magic.
    "Game over? Damn right I'm over!"

Okay, i completely agree with American Bad***. Kuja was a great villain, although thats just my opinon. He had a sarcasm and poeticness about him that made him seem like a villain that knew his powers, wasn't afraid to use them, and yet had an asset of comedy at the same time without being an evil demon. While one of my friends says "he basically told everybody his plans", this is only true to a certain extent. Nobody was around when he told his plans in the scenes thereof, except for the one in Burmecia where most of the charachters were k.o.ed. He also spoke in a poetic-riddle style that i loved. He, in my opinion, is one of the greatest villans in AND out of final fantasy. Legolas63, I'd also like to apolagize for my rudeness in my first post. This is one of my favorite ffs, and your opinion is certainly valid as far as i am concerned. Everyone is entiteld to they're opinion, even if it goes against mine

But one question... if you hate ff9 so much, then why do you have a Vivi avatar?

Nine owned the pants off of Eight and Ten........ by far.

Although I'm still a bit creeped out by the way Kuja looked, he IS leaps and bounds ahead of most villians. Let use comparisn: (this is only my opinion, and I'm no expert.) Sephiroth. What was Sephiroth's main motive and goal. There really was only one. Greed. (SPOILER)He wanted the planet all to himself. That was the only reason he did what he did. Kuja on the other hand had other, very deep purposes. Several spoilers in the following.(SPOILER) Kuja began his deeds for the good old reason of wanting to be the most powerful creature in the universe. Every bad guy wants that. But, later in the story, it becomes a search for his origins. He feels he must find his birthplace after seeing Zidane. Why? Zidane's tail. Kuja has one too. When he finally discovers his origins, he realizes that he wasn't even born. He was created in a test tube. Talk about an ego buster. And also discovers that his lifetime is extremely limited. This is why he goes after the origin of ALL things, the crystal. He decides in his mind that if he is destined to die, everyone else will die with him. Phew! In my mind, thats pretty deep stuff. I also have fair defense for Necron, but I'm getting hungry. So, I'll see you guys later.
    -At The Drive-In-

Actually, it was the same with Sephiroth. He was mostly confused; (SPOILER) even to the point where he himself thought that he was part of the Cetra - the Ancients. He thought at that point that the planet belonged to his race and only his race, or something bizarre and twisted like that. So in some ways Kuja and Sephiroth are similar.

Though to be honest, FFVIII and FFIX have this one problem in common: (SPOILER)the final bosses of both games just suddenly appeared out of the blue.