Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Why FFIX is the Worst FF EVER!

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Kuja124

Even if she did not Cid wanted to get her away form her mother. So Tantalus was going by Cid's orders. Zidane works for Tantalus until the point at whcih they will nto go save her but he will.
    Which is something I've been pointing out is irrelevant for quite some time now.

And Garnet's mother was not to worrierd about what happened to her.
    Yes the family not caring, that makes the kidnappers innocent doesn't it? Brahne's actions are explained later anyway I believe.

Nice of ShadyMilkman to come in and flame everyone before deciding not to return. Long as we know he's thinking of us .

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Default ff9...rubbish?!

I do not know how you cannot like ff9. I personally find it one of the best final fantasy games. I love it's storyline and the graphics on the FMV where they do not try too hard to make the people look ralistic but to make them look...well, Japenesy. I think this is a cool effect and it makes me far more interested in the game.
    I think the gameplay is perfect. Not too hard but not too easy. It has long gameplay durability due too chocobo side quests and card games. I think if you should be cursing any final Fantasy game it should be VIII as it hasa crappy storyline and hard not too mention confusing ways of training. For instance, drawing magic?! I much prefer the simple ways of life with equipping weapons and growing levels. I'd much rather a great story line and easy game than a crappy storyline with an annoyingly frustrating game where the story line does not seem to go any where. Also I like the games where it does not seem to happen in real life. When life was not all guns and blasting each others heads of but a game with magical beings and summons. Surely if the game is too hard you would not want to play on it any more becuse you are stuck and bored. That is how i feel about 8 however in 9 it has an everchaning twisting storyline rather than blowing on guy to bits with a sword that shoots bullets. (i never knew how that would work.) But here in the U.K. we like things different and unusually. You are the weakest link goodbye!
    Oh look! Idied.....again!

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Funny, me being in the U.K. and I think VIII is better than IX in almost if not every aspect.

The game isn't hard if you know what you're doing. It just rewards good players instead of ones who equip the new weapon handed to them then wandered around for hours levelling.
    Drawing isn't a neccessity by any means, another benefit given there are many, many ways to play VIII.
    The game feels a lot more free because you don't get channelled everywhere, and get given weapons when and where you're told.....

I could go on for a LONG time methinks, but this isn't the place for comparisons.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Default Killing In The Name

But here in the U.K. we like things different and unusually. You are the weakest link goodbye!
    That's weird, I live in the UK, and still think that FFVIII is a better game than IX. Must be something in the water..

as you continue to bring up and re-use the exact same arguments over and over in a pointless and never-endin routine. So screw this thread, I'm NOT coming back.
    Ok, you want me to be different, to find new subjects to discuss? Oh, if i'm using the same arguements, thats because I have the same OPINION as i did before. So lets see.....I've discussed.....

ITS TOO EASY
    CHARACTERS
    MAGIC SYSTEM
    MINI GAMES
    GARNET 4 ZIDANE?
    STYLE
    KUJA
    BATTLE SYSTEM
    TRANCE
    ZIDANE VS SQUALL VS CLOUD VS TIDUS
    MUSIC
    INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS
    CHOCOBO HOT & COLD
    CARD GAME
    TERRA
    ZIDANE'S STRENGTH
    GRAPHICS
    SUMMONS
    CARTOONY
    IFRIT
    STORY
    ZIDANE KIDAPPING
    ZIDANE VS STEINER
    OZMA VS WEAPONS
    QUINA
    AMARANT
    GARNET
    VIVI
    WEAPONS
    (AND MORE, BUT IM BORED)

Now thats a lot, and people have expressed their opinion on ALL of them. So maybe, thats why they all seem the same, they all blend into one. So chill out, maybe you should just understand, I hate Quina with a passion. But here I go, I'll try to raise some new points, IF THAT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ok?

MAGIC
    Right, I di not like the Magic on this game. Splitting it to different characters meant that you HAD have some people on your battle team, which made no sense. I know that they've split everthing into White, Black,Blue since the beginnig, but the problem is, is that they've restricted you to playing with certain characters. Surely, giving you individul characters is so you can build your own battle stratagy, but the game doesn't wan you do that. it want you to have ZIDANE, a curer, a fighter and VIVI. Pretty restrictive.

On the magic itself, it looks unappealing, but that's because of the different style. SO I CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT (People cheer in background)

PLACES
    About the actual places themselves, what did you lik about them. Some places, felt fantastic to run around in, wheras some, were boring, restrictive and not places. I no that sometimes, it's meant to feel restictive, but when I'm exploring certain places, I shouldn't feel restricted by the game.
    On the plus side, Burmecia, Alexandria and Lindblum feel fantasic, almost epic, in size, and you do feel your'e there.
    Wheras Mandarin Sari, Treno don't feel big. I know Mardairin Sari is in ruins, but imagine if you could explore the wreckage, getting even more hints to the story later, like you could find Garnet's wrecked house or find wreckage from dead geonomes that fourght there, or bits of the Invincible. Basically, make it feel more lke a wrecked sity of the summoners, rather then just a wreck.
    And I know that TERRA was a wreck, but you could have flown around it in the Hilda Garde 3 (If they didn't jump in, and instead flew in of corse) It would have been interesting, seeing the tombs of the real Terrans. Surely, there must have been places other than Branbal and Padimonium to visit. It would have built up to where Zidane finds out the truth, with all the stange things he remembers in this world.

WORLD MAP
    Didn't look better the FFVIII's world map really IMO.
    And blocking places off (Near the end)meant the game channeled you into facing Kuja. FFVII didn't but then again FFVIII did. And I hated it then as well.

FFVIII VS FFIX
    Basically FFVIII is a revolution in FF. Different in SO many places. You either despise it for trying something new or you love it for daring to be different. However, I must point out, FF6 was a slight revolution in FFs when it came out, and that been called the best Square game by FF Online.
    FFIX is a step-back, a homage to previous FFs, it is similar to most FFs. You could love it for being a send-off to your'e fabvourite FFs in the past and a final look back before the revolution, or you could hate it for being a easy, look back to games, while not being a good FF in it's own right, and looking at it as simply a self-loving endulgence by the Square team, desperate to round things off with a tidy profit and a reminder that they did make medievil style FFs long ago.
    I don't like FFIX and I love FFVIII.

"YOU CAN'T FOOL, THE CHILDREN OF THE REVOLUTION"
    I think that line sums up FFIX vs FFVIII, don't you?

QUIRKY
    I have no problem with quirky (Which FFIX was in places), in fact I welcome it at times. Most FFs have had something quirky in them, which makes me feel like I have a load of weight on my shoulders. That's uncomfortable, and I don't like that.
    FFVII's Cloud had toDress like a women to sneak inro a Horny guy's mansion
    FFVIII had a transexual in a bar in Dollet. NOW THATS FUNNY
    FFIX had LOADS of quirky bits. And I must admit, slagging off the different weapons was a bit childish. I just don't like Quina.

SUPER FURRY ANIMALS
    What did you lot think of the monsters, the normal weapon fodder you find while walking around. (Oh by thje way, I thought there was far too many RANDOM BATTLES)

UNEXPLAINED EVENTS
    When was Alexander (The summon) explained before it actually happening? Did anyone actually know that there was a summon in the castle.

When was Necron explained?

When did Garnet and Eiko suddenly get earings to summon Alexander? Is this sugesting that Alexandria was connected to the village of the summoners some how?

Couldn't the game givin hint that Mog was a summon, like "Then the banished Summon was trapped in the body of a creature, until needed by the summoner once more" you could have read it in Madarin Sari or Alexandria but NOOOOOOOOO. That would be too hard. They'e was NO reason why he was a moogle in disguise.

And what the hell did Kuja mean when he said about Zorn & Thorn not being Twins?
    (Thanks for the answer Vincent06. That makes sense, and also, is a really cool explanation)

And now, I bring up some previous points (WHY? Because I can)

KUJA VS SEPHIROTH
    Right, if Sephiroth was indeed beingcontrolled by Jenova (Which I believe he was), and that made him a midless puppet, where he wouldn't actually be controlling himself, that would make him even more scary. Because, have you ever seen monsters in other games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill? Because they arn't human, arn't in control of their actions is scary, and rather frightening because there is NO WAY TO STOP IT other then killing it before it kills you. Sephiroth would have kept going and going until his purpose was over.
    Ok? Now if Kuja was indeeda backstabbing Geonome., then that would make him have a human thoughts and control. He could be stopped, because he has doubt in the back of his mind. Only when he goes Trance does he go off the rails. But still he has doubt, its just clouded by rage, which is also a good explanation for his hair, for people going red is a sign of rage.
    So thats why Sephiroth makes a better villian, because he doesn't feel, he doesn't feel the pain you deliver him. He's like a Tyrant in Resi Evil, you kepp shooting, but he just won't stop..damn it, stop you mutha.....ARGGHGHH.
    But Kuja can be stopped, by himself. And thats less villain like. Although, he does make a good TRAGIC VILLIAN

WEAPONS
    I don't like the strange weapons, but that's connected with the medievil style, which I did like, so it's a bit difficult to argue here.
    I just liked the Guns & Swords. Oh, and gun blades. Squall didn't actually fire them like a normal gun, like point and shoot. he fired thenm when then blade entered the skin, and he THEN delivered the bullet. The bullet would be already in the skin, and would require less pulpulsion to gvet a hit. The system works rather like a tranquiliser bullet, where it uses the force of the shot to send the drug into the body, wheras in this circumstances, it's sending a bullet into the body, using the force of the sword slash.
    BUT HEY! it's a Fantasy, and somethings, just don't need explanation.

CALM LIKE A BOMB
    Nice of ShadyMilkman to come in and flame everyone before deciding not to return. Long as we know he's thinking of us
    Too true, but hey, it could have been worse. he could have stayed and flammed us. I think he just didn't like people telling him that we didn't like FFIX, but hey wer'e only expressing our opinion
    Last edited by Jack; 10-05-2003 at 11:59 AM.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Originally posted by PhoenixAsh
    So the reason Quina joins your party, is that Quina joins your party...?

He didn't know forgiveness, why? He wanted to know forgiveness, why? His entire purpose was unexplained so why put him in at all?

Zidane wasn't a good character, he was a monkey who wanted to have sex with Dagger. Let's try not to make statements that are completely unjustified from now on?

He didn't NEED to, but so what? It doesn't justify not doing something just because you don't have to. Steiner would have been totally justified (for the setting) in killing Zidane in his sleep. In fact he would have been hailed in his hometown for doing so, and he probably knew that. He let him live, because he has honour.
    Zidane DIDN'T work for Baku. He quit after the Theatre Ship crashed. The evidence that he didn't know is that he never mentions it, and it was Dagger who wanted to go to Lindblum. Zidane being in the room (which I didn't think he was) when Cid mentions it doesn't count as Tantalus mentioning it.
    Its becoming rediculous. Quan sends Quina wiht you becuase he wants her to travel the world and eat all sorts of food. Quina DID have a purpose, because she found Gargant Roo by smelling the frogs over by it. She *GASP* DOES HAVE A PURPOSE!! Now for amarant. He wanted to know forgiveness. He's an asassin who grew up wihtout friends. When he sees Zidane being kind to him, he is compelled to see why because something moves inside his heart. He wonders why Zidane, being a theif, didnt finish him off. Zidane WAS a good charachter. He went along to protect dagger. Sure maybe he wanted to do it at first, but later on he forogot about his own needs and went along with Dagger to help her. I could say Squall was a bad charachter because he was a pissed-off butt wipe with a bad attitude. You say he's good. Why? Lets not make unjustified statements from now on shall we? Zidane and Steiner were both justifyable. Zidane had no reason to explain anything to steiner. He, AT THE CURRENT TIME, worked for Baku. He kidnapped Garnet while he worked for baku! Baku told him to! Baku got orders FROM CID to kidnapp her. Steiner could have cut zidane to peices if he felt it good, because he had reaosn. Dagger, however, told him to get the heck away and he didn't listen. She could have him beheaded for disobeying a royal order. The fact that nobody was in the room when Cid talked about hiring Tantalaus proves in NO way that they didtn know about it.

About Zorn and Thorn not being twins- they were really one creature, Meltigemeni. They were like a hydra with two heads. Imagine the different hydra heads coming apart and forming different snakes, and then coming back togather to form the hydra (aka meltigemeni)
    Last edited by Phil; 10-04-2003 at 06:42 PM.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Which is something I've been pointing out is irrelevant for quite some time now.
    Why is it irrelevant?
    A long time fan of Final Fantasy I have always like the Final Fantasy games and I always well.

Default water

To Legolas 63
    My water does taste a bit funny..............
    Oh look! Idied.....again!

Originally posted by Kuja124
    Why is it irrelevant?

It's not irrelevant. People are just biased against Quina who is one of the most original charachters in FF history.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showt...threadid=36782

That thread's fresher, and on the same thing
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP