Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did YOU do it?

Smile How did YOU do it?

(If this hasn't been up in the air before, I'll have to eat my hat.)

So, how did you... go about de-cursing the Cursed Shield? And I don't mean equipping it for that amount of battles, 255 or whatever. I mean, who did you equip it on, and how did you make sure you weren't knee-deep in trouble?

Me, I just gave it to Relm, equipped her with an Offering (attack x4) and Heal rod. You do the math. Never really had to cast Cure.

BTW, is there some kind of trick so you can meet Doomgaze more frequently? I've been floating around the WoR for ages now, and I've only bumped heads with him once... I want Bahamut, dammit! *sulk*

[Edit] Well... Now you don't have to woory about this for my sake anymore. That oversized bat gave me another visit - the third, for the record. Had to peel off all his 55555 HP that time... Almost troublesome, but not really. Relm configured as above helped out a bunch. An' now I've got the Big B! A trick for increased encounter-rate would still be nice to know, though.
    Last edited by Silent Warrior; 09-04-2003 at 02:02 PM.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Um. Good to know. I just ran into Doom Gaze, he whupped my heine. I'm a violent person so I chased him down and got my revenge, then "oh look, free magicite. Fancy that."

How did I uncurse the cursed shield? I didn't! Who'd want an uncursed shield? Pfft. Curses are more fun. Sell it to one of Kefka's minions! Watch them wonder why they suck in battle.

Actually in all truth I just juggle the piece of junk around characters until I happened to uncurse it. *shrugs*

How did I do it? Simple, I went to Solitary Island, stole from every Peepers or EarthGuard I encountered, and wound up with something like eighty Elixirs. Not particularly difficult, that.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I always just equip someone(don't care who) with the Cursed Shield and a Ribbon and go about my business in the game as usual. It's not like the game is that difficult that the negatives of the Cursed Shield actually make it hard.
    Figaro Castle

Especially since the Ribbon negates all of them except Condemned.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

True, but I was thinking about the stat reductions, -7 on all of them I think.
    Figaro Castle

That's why the Illumina sword's so great

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
    I always just equip someone(don't care who) with the Cursed Shield and a Ribbon and go about my business in the game as usual. It's not like the game is that difficult that the negatives of the Cursed Shield actually make it hard.
    That's normally what I do. I think that next time I'll go the Solitary Island route.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles

Put it on someone weak.
    Surround that weak person with the best people you have.
    Get a Ribbon equipped.
    Walk back and forth in front of Albrook until the curse is broken.

I give it to Relm and equip her with Ribbon and Memento Ring, then I go to Solitary Island and fight there until my eyes pop out.

I usualy take Locke, so I can steal Megalixir from Earthguards (what is funny, cuz I never really use them... Nothing like an easy game).

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Ribbons, my friend, Ribbons.

What... The status-effects can be negated? :o I feel stupid... Still, Cursed shield + Heal rod + Offering is infinitely bad-ass all the same.

Illumina... I've never carried that thing. Well, after going over a bundle of FAQs, I'm aquainted with how you go about aquiring that thing. But I like my Ragnarok too damn much...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I gave it to Celes and made her run around on Solitary Island where the enemies all die by themselves Only ever bothered to uncurse it in one game though, never bothered again since it takes too long
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

I just equip it and a ribbon to some random person in my team and go about my way. I don't really sit down and go to uncurse the shield, it just happens along the way.

I went to the dinosaur forest and trained for 5 hours. That did it, and my guys gained like 30 levels. I wanted to fight Kefka when my guys were untrained, but I never had the Paladin sheild and wanted Gau to have it. I was curious what Gau's evasion would be. Yep, 78% evade and 81% magic evade. I don't think you can get any higher than that (he had a Zephyr Cape too).

But then Kefka and his buddies were too easy. Oh well. Offering + heal rod + cursed sheild... great idea! I'll have to try that this time through the game. Since I'm modding the game, it should be hard enough to have to go through 255 battles anyway after getting the cursed sheild in order to beat Kefka.