Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Final Fantasy?

I got hooked on 3 (6 for you "japanese gamers") when I bought it.

It was back in the 80s (when we use to live in the US). I was at the mall with my parents when we went into an electronics store. There you could sample this new title for the NES entitled Final Fantasy. No one was in line so I decided to try it out. I thought the graphics were awesome, but didn't understand how to play it. I saw many options and got confused. My lack of patience caused me to stop playing and do something else. Years later I made a friend who had some FF games. He suggested that I buy FF4. I went to MediaPlay to buy it, but to my dismay it was out of stock so I decided to buy FF6 instead. Ever since I bought FF6 I sought after the other titles. My next FF was FF1. I have the original cartridge and maps. That is my FF story.
    Last edited by robfinalfantasy; 11-01-2003 at 05:54 PM.

I'm pretty young so forgive me for not getting into the earlier FF titles.
    I was living up in Virginia and we got GamePro magazine every month. I remember reading through one issue and seeing a preview for FFVII. I thought to myself, that looks so cool! Years later, I begged my dad to finally get me a PlayStation (I actually got a PS One), and the first games I bought for it were FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX. I've also bought FF Origins, FF Anthology, and FFX. I've been hooked since I saw it in the magazine.

For me it started a year ago when I bought ff8 at wall mart, i've been hooked ever since and I've already beaten 5 of the games
    *Ultima_Paladin*

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My husband forced me to play FFVIII, he thought I has gamer potential ... sucker ! Now I'm completely addicted and the only time he gets to play FF is when he does some level ups for me. he hates the story part but loves the levelups, I hate the level ups and I love the story. Match in heaven ;p
    Too big.

well.... a long long time ago, in a galixy far far away, i was 4 and my brother was playing ff2(4) and i used to play it when he wasnt. then he got ff3(6) for x-mas one year, again i would play it when he wasnt. he later got ff7 and i never really felt like playing it. so then about 2 years ago i bought ff8, played it a little but didnt get in to it. 4 months later i jumped in to ff7, played it and felt like playing ff8(the only one i didnt really know what was going on) and played it religously. then went back and beat 4,6,7 and then 9 and 10. now im working on 1....... um yeah, thats my story.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Goofball

3-4 years ago, I got really annoyed by my husband playing ff8 (playstation) all day long, so I got him to introduce me to ff3(6) on the the PC.
    Is that so...

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My brother gave me a floppy disk which had a gameboy emulator as well as FFL1 and FFL3. I loved FFL3, but it wasn't until my brother gave me a copy of Snes9X and Chrono Trigger that I really got into Square games, and thus I went onto games like FF6, 4 and 1.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

played one of Squaresoft's originals on the snes ( Secret of Mana ) when I was a real youngster ... like 8 or something ... heh come to think of it my brother did pretty much all the work in the game but I was still in love with rpgs from that moment on ... then not a year later around comes a game "Final Fantasy 3" I was not familiar at all with the series and just how succesfull it had been with the nes but the fact that it had been made by squaresoft was what made it so appealing to me ... well words can't describe how much I adored the game ... from then on I knew it would always be my favorite rpg and the rest is history = p

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I remember seeing my brother play FFVII for the PC. I was 10, I think, and I thought not being able to jump was really stupid, so I didn't want to play it. After a while, I decided to play it and I immediately fell in love with it.

well, i was already deeply interested in Golden Sun, Lufia 3, and the Dragon Warrior series. my cousin John kept telling me about the FF series but the only game systems it was out on were ones i didn't have. then he sent me some emu roms for the first 3 FF games in Japanese. only tried playing the first one for about half an hour cuz i kept dying, then found an English version of it. i still couldn't really get into it. like, i played it and all, but i never got as engrossed in it as i had been w/ Golden Sun (my obsession at the time)

then i met this really cool guy named Jason in Nov 2002, and he showed me some stuff from FF7. eventually last April i broke down and bought a used PSX at EB Games for $30 and got a free copy of FF7 while doing so. since then, i have played through the game MOST OF THE WAY on 3 different save files. never finished it, but definitely enjoyed it a lot.
    -little purple-haired geek

When we first bought an SNES, my brother bought two games, Breath Of Fire, and Final Fantasy IV. I started to play Breath Of Fire, and he said that if I liked that, I should try Final Fantasy IV, and so I did, and I became addicted very quickly.
    I have a signature now. Am I cool yet?

Articles

My dad and brother were fans of the series since FF1, and I began to watch. When I was finally old enough, I started playing too.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Christmas two years ago, me and a friend bought FFX for another friend. I had only vaguely heard of FF until then, and I thought it was pretty dorky, to tell the truth. My friend put it in and started playing, and I thought it was actually pretty cool. So I went home, downloaded an FFI ROM, because I wanted to start at the beginning. HA! After I finished the first one, and went on to FFIIj and FFIIIj, I realized they had nothing to do with eachother. I kept playing, but I played them all in order. And now, today, I am proud to announce that I have just finished FFX, the game that started it all for me.

I have completed every single numbered Final Fantasy to date.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

heheh it was wen i was 5 yearsa old. i was surfing the web wen i came across final fantasy...... and after that i knew wat i was going to be wen i grow up. a game designer for square!!! my dream...
    "What is a mans real dream but to wield a sword and fight for his country. Today a mans dream is to be rich and famouse. the world has changed but i intend to balance it with my blade" - Scifer