View Poll Results: Is Zeromous based off of Sauron?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%

Thread: Zeromous = Sauron?

Default Zeromous = Sauron?

I was just thinking, there are a few similarities. Both are unable to destroy the world. Sauron because he is pretty much nothing and Zeromous because he's stuck on the Moon. Sauron has the Wraiths and Saromon trying to get the One Ring, while Zeromous has Golbez collecting the Crystals. Both are pretty the tangible form of ultimate evil, comprised of hatered. This is all I could think of off the top of my head. Tell me if I missed anything.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are interesting similarities... but really, you could make similar arguments for a lot of villains in epic fantasy, whether old or new, in games or print.

In FFVII,(SPOILER) Sephiroth (NOT Jenova, PhoenixAsh! >=O) is trying to get the Black Materia so that he can become an all-powerful dominating force. He's got the subservient, black-cloaked 'Clones' to do his bidding.

In The Belgariad by David and Leigh Eddings, (SPOILER)Kal Torak is trying to obtain Cthrag Yaska so he can become powerful enough to dominate the world. To help him, he's got the black-robed members of the Grolim priesthood.

Quite similar, really.

Oh, to add to your comparison of Ze(ro)mus and Sauron: Both started off with corporeal bodies, but lost those when they were defeated. This happened to Sauron twice - once when the continent of Numenor was destroyed by his own corruption, and later when Isildur brought him down. Zemus was defeated, and then became Zeromus. After being defeated, both became powerful but bodiless evil spirits.

Yes, there're some similarities... In fact some characters and vilains in FFgames have similarities with characters of books and movies.

That's why I like Kefka, even though he is weak... He's unique, I never saw any other character in any history that would resemble him. And I doubt of anyone who say the opposite

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Every RPG has similarities to Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Rings gave birth to Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeons & Dragons gave birth to everything else.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And Tolkien's works owe their existence to European mythology and folklore... which already has a strong presence in FF. Kind of a mythic cycle, don't ya think?