Thread: Image Editing Software that Won't Take Half the Day to Download?

Default Image Editing Software that Won't Take Half the Day to Download?

i'd like to download a solid image editing program to get my hands dirty messing with such things, but i don't really feel like waiting through the marathon d/l that is the Adobe Photoshop Demo Version. Does anyone know of a solid program that isn't so huge? i've heard here and there of freeware stuff, but if the best you can give me is the link to the thirty-day trial of program <i>X</i>, that'll do fine.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Ah, that's the one; many thanks. When i heard about Gimp, i was under the impression that it was Linux-only, so i didn't make any mental note of it.

...i'd be a Linux-user, but i'm so lazily content with Windows. Bad self, bad.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I was surprised with the quality of Gimp. It's actually quite good.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The version that was ported to Windows is the old version though. There's a spiffy new version out now that hasn't made it to Windows yet.

Question 2: Is there any online help documentation for Gimp that you'd particularly recommend? i'm starting to look at the on-site and user-created info listed at the site itself, but hey - there's always the chance that the best online resource out there was overlooked.

(-o-)

-tie fighter