Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastest time you beat FF VII

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Fastest time you beat FF VII

What Was Your fastest time from begining to final showdown with sephiroth??

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Roughly 27 hours... however, I'm sure I could get it down to less than 24 by skipping a few side-quests.

'Speed records' are entertaining, but they spoil the game slightly by forcing you to skip a lot of 'deep stuff', in my opinion.

Jump In The Fi-yaaaaah! metCloud's Avatar

Yes it does spoil alot of the game. the first time i played FF VII it took me forever to beat. ive beat it around 4 times now and the last time i beat it i tryed to rush threw it to see how fast i could do it. it took close to 29 hrs. DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME!! woohoo

Taller than most monkeys Lehteb's Avatar

has anyone ever done that FF7 challenge? where you try and beat it in a single 24 hour day (start and end at midnight)

i was going to this summer, but never got around to it.
    Forever inserting random chocobos

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It always seemed really amazing to me how people could beat it so quickly. I'm sure they did but it takes me so long (FFVII and other FF's) and I don't even level up loads.

I don't think there's much point trying to beat it in a day, well unless you want to just so you can say "I beat it in 24 hours!". I think it's a much more admirable task to see how long you can play it for *applauds masumune1287's 500hrs on FFX*

However answering the question the first time through FFVII took me about 45 hours which I thought seemed pretty quick compared to my 91 hrs on FFIX and 107 on FFX.
    rawr

Articles

The one time I've beaten the game, it took me somewhere around 50 hours to beat it. I spent too much time looking for Junon because I didn't know where it was.

Don't laugh.

35-40 hours. I left out a few sidequests, but I levelled up considerably, so the time rather surprised me.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

okay, i suck. i've NEVER won the damn game. i've played it in 3 separate save files, but once i'm partway through the northern creater, i get bored, super paranoid about the instant death monsters, and then i start thinking "i bet i could get through the earlier parts of the game faster..." or "i wanna try getting someone else as Cloud's date" or "damn, there are some things i missed that i can't go back for", so i just start over. i uh... i've really racked up the hours, though, from leveling up getting people's limit breaks and also from the chocobo racing/KOTR materia sidequest... one two save files, Cloud's at level 80-90 something, and i don't recall the number of hours.... but quite a damn few.
    -little purple-haired geek

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Originally posted by Lehteb
    has anyone ever done that FF7 challenge? where you try and beat it in a single 24 hour day (start and end at midnight)

i was going to this summer, but never got around to it.
    Yeah, I've done that.

Anyways, I went through this long-ass competition with a friend(Martin) from FFWA(another FF board) a while back. We were seeing who could beat FF7 the fastest. We beat each other's times 6 or 7 times, at least. I think my lowest one was under 13 hours(like 12:45 or something). And if I remember correctly, he beat that.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 09-15-2003 at 01:45 AM.

My clock hit 99:99:99 and stopped. Happened to my friend too. Chocobo Racing was just too addicting to us. Second time I got around 60 hours though, I think, and that was with generous amounts of Cid-Snowboarding and Chocobo Racing.

You gotta love the mini-games.

Well, you don't have to, but it's recommended.
    The signature limits make me sad. In place of my signature image, you will all watch.....*thinks*...THIS!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Yamaneko
    We beat each other's times 6 or 7 times, at least. I think my lowest one was under 13 years
    13 years?? *laughs* I think that must be the record for the longest FF7 play ever
    I'm guessing you meant 13 hours? In which case.. I just can't see how it's possible it seems really impossible what with the lengths of random battles, boss fights, cut scenes, and so on but.... I can't say anything I haven't tried it. *Shrug*
    rawr

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

xD I meant hours. *dies* *edits*

Hehe...In the space of about a year, our "lowest times" dropped from ~16-17 hours down to 12-something. And yes, it is possible. Strategic leveling up(contrary to popular belief, 10 minutes or so of leveling up at the right time can actually decrease the total time), skipping out on things that most people don't even know you can(disk 1, Nibelheim: you don't need to go into the Shinra Mansion, you can head straight for the mountains), and lots and lots of practice make under 16 or so hours very possible. Oh, yeah, and you can't read anything.

Taller than most monkeys Lehteb's Avatar

12:45!!!

geez, i would never try and do that... way too difficult, i mean, you obviously must have had some real troubles, missing out on so many side quests....
    Forever inserting random chocobos

If you skip ALL the FMVs, you can easily get under 13 hours. I managed to beat it in 14:some odd minutes on my 5th go around. Also works for FFIX when gettng Excalibur II. You gotta skip all the FMVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

My clock hit 99:99:99 and stopped.
    Err, DJ Zero? First of all, the highest it can go it 99:59.59... and secondly, it resets to 0:00.00 after it hits 99:59.59...
    So, i burned you basically...