Thread: Chocograph Pieces

Default Chocograph Pieces

Once you find them all, do they form one chocograph?
    ~a_priebe47
    "How do we Prove we exist? Maybe we don't..."

Depends on how you look at it. One (probably the first you find - it has always been like that when I play through FF9) will warn you about Ozma (in the Air Garden), and the other five will give you hints on the location of said Chocobo Air Garden.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

The six chocograph pieces combine to form chocograph 20, which gives your chocobo a special power.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

*Rumour sens-o-matic hits the roof*

Alarm! I coulda sworn there were 24-ish normal chocographs anyway. Don't scare the young ones!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

I'm 99% certain it's 23 chocographs+6 chocograph pieces. And the ability isn't that amazing anyway. Just useful for uncovering secrets.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Six pieces... Well, that sounds reasonable enough. Eitherway, grabbing the pieces ALONE doesn't get you anything but points. Must dig up some treasures to change colours. I believe there's something with Choco and beaches some time, but that's unknown to me.

24 Chocographs.
    6 pieces. The pieces will stay in the Key Items and not form a new chocograph in the chocograph menu.

Choco & Beaches
    (SPOILER)Once of you've found all the chocographs, chocograph pieces and hidden treasures, you can do the beach thing- the fat chocobo dude at Chocobo's Paradise will tell you all about it, IIRC fly to *all* the beaches in the world, press the circle button, hear chimes, then you can heal at beaches.

Chocograph 20
    (SPOILER)Chocograph 20 is a normal chocograph dug up in the normal fashion- but it does give you a special power- you can fly, use the chocograph pieces to try and find the Chocobo Air Garden

Right, I've loaded up an old save, and here are the facts. Spoilers abound.

There are 23 Chocographs that can be found in the normal way (ie, by playing Chocobo hot and cold). There are also six Chocograph pieces, that appear in the key item menu. If you select them in this menu, they provide you with clues as to the six possible locations at which you can enter Chocobo's Air Garden. Three of these pieces are found in Chocobo's Forest, and Three others in Chocobo's Lagoon.

However, when you dig up all six chocograph pieces, they combine to form Location 20, Mist Ocean. When you go to this location, you receive the Gold Chocobo ability, which allows you to fly, and therefore reach the Air Garden, Mognet Central, and Chocobo's Paradise.

No, the pieces do not combine. Chocograph 20 is one of the 23 or whatever you dig up in Hot & Cold. And one of the pieces warns you about Ozma, the other five points to Air Garden.

*Research*
    According to a FAQ at Gamefaqs.com, one must, on the other hand, have found all six pieces before you find 'graph #20.
    Hm... It also mentions that the six pieces form #20... That's odd. If that's true, wouldn't the pieces disappear from the Key Items-list? I know for a fact that they're still there after you've dug up #20...
    And later on the same FAQ says you dig it up in C. Forest or Lagoon...

Meh, whatever, believe what you will. It won't change the outcome of the game. *Steps out for a breather*

Oh, what the hell. Either way, you need all six pieces before you can receive chocograph 20. Let's leave it at that.

Yes, let's. I can live with that.