Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Espers

Default No Espers

I'm playing through FF6 again and this time I have decided not to use any Espers, in hope that the game will provide a much bigger challenge. I know that Celes and Terra can still learn magic, but does anybody know of a website that tells what level they naturally learn certain spells at? Thanks.

.........not using espers is a "challenge"? o_O

ha ha ha.....so far it isn't. But it should be more challenging than when you have 8 people with Ultima.

No, you'd think so... but no.

Ah, at least the bosses will last a little longer, without the Quick+Ultima combo

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

When killing those harder bosses, you only use certain skills anyway (like Bum Rush). I've never had to "really" rely upon magic at any point in the game, except for Fanatics Tower of course.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Even then all you need to do is equip a character with an Offering and super powerful weapon (like the Atma Weapon for instance) and give them an item that automatically gives them the Rage ability. The Fanatics Tower becomes not only a walk in the park after that, but a great place to level too.

Cool, never thought of that. Guess I'll try it out in my next game.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

When I get home from work I'll post the information on what spells Terra and Celes learn. The rom editors reveal this information. If you're interested in a more challenging FF6, check out my sig. It'll be at least 2 more weeks before it's done though, because I'm actually playing through the game. This is so that I can fine tune every boss, and find other things that need fixing.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

-Terra-
    Level 01: Cure
    Level 03: Fire
    Level 06: Antdot
    Level 12: Drain
    Level 18: Life
    Level 22: Fire 2
    Level 26: Warp
    Level 33: Cure 2
    Level 37: Dispel
    Level 43: Fire 3
    Level 49: Life 2
    Level 57: Pearl
    Level 68: Break
    Level 75: Quartr
    Level 86: Merton
    Level 99: Ultima

-Celes-
    Level 01: Ice
    Level 04: Cure
    Level 08: Antdot
    Level 13: Imp
    Level 18: Scan
    Level 22: Safe
    Level 26: Ice 2
    Level 32: Haste
    Level 40: Bserk
    Level 32: Muddle
    Level 42: Ice 3
    Level 48: Vanish
    Level 52: Haste2
    Level 72: Pearl
    Level 81: Flare
    Level 98: Meteor
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I've never gone through the game without using magic. I normally get everyone to learn every spell, but whatever. One thing I've never done is use the Offering/Genji Glove combo. The game is easy enough as it is, using that combo just makes it stupid, imo. Maybe on the game I just recently started, I won't use any magic besides Terra/Celes. Although going through the game with Cure2 being your strongest cure magic will suck.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Oh, I agree with you on using magic. I definietly take the time to learn them and use them, but not using them doesn't make the game any more difficult. And did Six have a Cure 4, or was 3 the highest? I can't remember for the life of me.... o_o;;

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cure 3 was the highest, I believe. I know Phoenix teaches it, and I think.. Saphrim (sp)? I'm not sure. One of those female epsers.

FF6 had pretty much the same magic system as the future FF games. But instead of Fire, Fira and Firaga they just used Fire, Fire2 and Fire3. And so on~
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

I haaaated when they started calling them Fira, Blizzra, Firaga and all that crap. Damn lame-ass names.. >_< Thankfully they started calling them that with Eight, so Seven and Tactics escaped it.

aren't fira firaga etc. the actual translations?