View Poll Results: What is the Eidolon you think is the Best ?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Odin

9 13.64%
  • Leviathan

4 6.06%
  • Bahamut

16 24.24%
  • Ark

9 13.64%
  • Ifrit

0 0%
  • Shiva

4 6.06%
  • Ramuh

0 0%
  • Atomos

1 1.52%
  • Carbuncle

1 1.52%
  • Fenrir

1 1.52%
  • Phoenix

11 16.67%
  • Madeen

10 15.15%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the Best Eidolon on FF IX ??

Oh I dunno...The good ones to me are Ark, Odin, Bahamut, Madeen and Phoenix...I used Odin alot during the early game but switched to Bahamut later on because it looked cooler. Bahamut's not that "expensive" to summon if you got the half MP ability. Plus, I took away the magic stones from the Odin's sword ability so I could use them for other purposes like Auto-Haste. Also, its easy to deal 9999 damage to enemies, like when I fought the Nova Dragon and used Bahamut (HAHA I'll show you WHOS the boss dragon around here)

Leviathan rulezzzz.
    Nobody is perfect...My name is Nobody

I'm still in disbelief that nobody has voted for Atomos. He didn't look as cool as the others, but hard to argue with him in terms of pure damage. If you get 70 amethysts, he's all but unstoppable.
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Ark was weak, I was really disappointed. He takes FOREVER to summon, and then he's weaker than Bahamut! What a rip. (and NO, the enemy was NOT strong against shadow)

Bahamut all the way!......i used him all the time.....no worries about elemental weaknesses or strengths.....he was cool....he even attacked an enemy for me without being called for....right after Garnet was attacked...i think that was cool...and no i am not lying
    "Wandering the path of righteousnes......bah....righteousness doesn't exist......"

All of Eiko's summons are cool, from Garnet I only like Shiva and Leviathan, Bahamut is gay as hell, and I never use Garnet. I like Ark, because he's a cool boss, but as a summon he's not all that great, he's fairly weak for the title of "Ultimate Summon", and he's completely useless against Ozma. I never put together, Pumice Peices.

If Bahamut was beaten by Alexander how come you can still summon him and not summon A-man anymore? That pisses me off, if Bahamut weren't so damn popular he probably wouldn't be able to be summoned too.

Odin is cheesey and allpowerful, I hate Odin in every other FF except for FFVIII and FFVII to a point because he aslo did the Gunce Lance. Why go through all that effort make him do max damage, it's not tough to conquer FFIX without doing 9999 all the time.
    Last edited by Magai; 01-09-2004 at 03:45 AM.
    OH YEAH!!!

Hi everyone! I'm Ansem! That guy who never used a single Eidolon unless it was a required story part.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

the best part of the eidolons is that auto-regen keeps working while the summon graphics play, so if you have auto-regen on everyone, you can usually get back near full health every time Garnet summons Ark. Then you don't even need her to cast healing spells. That's why Ark is the best.

What I'm the only person whos voted for Fenrir . Anyway I like Fenrir because he's so cool looking and his attack is pretty good for when you get him. I also like Carbunacle, Phoenix, Madeen, and Bahamut.

Madeen, because really, the whole time you have Eiko, you have Madeen. And Terra Homing is a very powerful attack.
    Member of the KH Trinity

Proud member of the KH Trinity!!!!!

I couldn't choose between Odin or Madeen so I picked Odin because he look's cool.
    <3 Savannah

Ive never gotten Ark so i would say Bahamut. What ore is Ark in anyway?

Sworn Brother Till the Bitter End. Thanks to Skytiger92

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my favourite ediolon is the one you never use only you see it and see Kuja nick the power. It is and has to be Alexander it was amazing to watch it kick Bahamuts ass over the sky.

Bahamut

I personally like Phoenix the most, simply due to the fact that when I would fight Ozma and he would wipe my party out with back to back Curses and Meteors, Eiko would sometimes spontaneously cast Phoenix even tho she was KO'd. I also find Eiko's summons to be more versatile and overall just, better than Garnet's.