Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THE TRUTH......

Default THE TRUTH......

FFXIII is set in the world called something. The hero is called somthing Hard like Leo. He is fighting something evil called something evil.

he and his strangly put together group fdight the evil. There is a uneven number of boys vs girls. One girl is more importent. she falls in love with Leo. They cross various enviroments, of which, there is always, a built up city, a cold place, and a strange building which has a secret.

They use weapons, all differnt and have special moves called LIMITs. They are OTT moves that severlyb hurt. Then there is a crisis.

TUNE IN NEXT FOR....A CRISIS

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Sounds like the plot of FFVII-FFX.
    Figaro Castle

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I-VI didnt have limits and the 'falling in love every game' dealy. Plus most everyone could use the same weapon.

sounds pretty spammy to me.

Unless your making a point between the repetive storylines and gameplay of the final fantasy series. In which case: How would YOU make the series any better?
    Word/s.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Originally posted by maxi333
    How would YOU make the series any better?
    Monkeys. Lots of monkeys.
    Figaro Castle

Anyone played Planescape: Torment? Perhaps the only RPG not concerned with saving the world? Then you know what I'm talking about.

Or you could make it like Xenogears and just have such a effed up plot and thematic connections that it blows your mind.

But then, it just wouldn't be Final Fantasy, now would it?

NO...I'm just telling the TRUTH......

Hey that's a discussion Topic!

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

We arent responsible for making the story better, SquareEnix is. Their writers went to school to be writers, we didnt. It's just that simple.

Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
    I-VI didnt have limits and the 'falling in love every game' dealy.
    They didn't have limits (although you could make a pointless argument that Six sort of did), but they certainly had a lot of focus on romance. Maybe not to the extent of Eight and Ten, but not more so than Seven and Nine.

Default Slight topic-stray...

The Abominatrix: Are you sure they went to a school for it? Maybe the translation is a bit off ("This guy are sick", anyone?), but the dialogues really weren't top-notch. Going into details would take up too much space and time. E-mail me if you want details.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Default Re: Slight topic-stray...

Originally posted by Silent Warrior
    The Abominatrix: Are you sure they went to a school for it? Maybe the translation is a bit off ("This guy are sick", anyone?), but the dialogues really weren't top-notch. Going into details would take up too much space and time. E-mail me if you want details.
    No, I'm not sure. In fact ya know what? I think they went and found some bums and said "Hey, can you spell?" and the bums were like "Yeah." so Square gave them all jobs as writers!

These are professional companies, and I'm sure they don't just hire anyone. 1. Typos and mistranslations happen. They're big scripts. 2. Overall, they're good scripts. People go to school to be writers, and that's that. Feel free to ask Square what kind of resume you need to be a writer for a Final Fantasy game. I'm sure it's not easy.

Kenshin IV- Yeah I know about VI's Desperation Attacks, but those were very different. The in-game romances didnt take precedance, in fact IV's was decided before the game started (ie: they didnt meet and fall in love), there was... well flirting in V, and in VI it was a very very small and unexplored part of the story.

Yeah, but Seven didn't really focus on the romance aspect any more than Six did. Maybe even less. Nine I think did focus on it a little more than the others, but it didn't go overboard like in Eight or Ten.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, VII had some sort of focus, because of the fact that they did acknowledge the fact that the girls wanted to do the horizontal mambo with Cloud, but it did go a bit farther than the older games, because of the fact that you could sort of 'choose' who your guy had the hots for, and it went so far as a kiss (if you did the right things) and of course, the date. IX certainly was more than the older games, but again, not as much as VIII or X. All of them were certainly bigger than the older games, though. Yes yes. I do like the romance thing, though.