Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist

Blog Entries

1. Original, not another remake
    2. Moogles to return
    3. Fantasy setting a'la FF9, FF6 etc
    4. Chocobos, Cid, airship etc as normal
    5. A pre-FFX style world map where you can actually explore it
    6. Not a completely linear "interactive movie" like FFX (combine with 5)
    7. Female lead role. Don't ask me why, it'd just be a nice change.
    8. Voice acting, but none of these huge gaps between facial reaction and voice output.

I'd like a setting that doesn't look like europe or japan. Something that hasn't actually been done before. They should update the old ff2j weapon magic mastery system so that you could customize them to your style of play without making them all alike. It's also more realistic.
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    you're Auron. smart, experienced, and knowledgable.
    the rest of the gang can always count on you
    for advice. but its strange how you managed to
    stay alive after so many years of being dead..
    ;P

<br

*Rawr* for The Moomba! Stupid Moomba 88's Avatar

Yeah, an Australasian look would be cool, or sumthing that looks like a American suburb! NOW THAT WOULD ROCK! Imagine the enemies, angry mums, ing basketball, ameriacn football jocks and their whoring cheerleaders. Oh, and don't forget, tje yankee at the end of the street who secretly does drugs and carries a gun, while traveling in his pickup.

Don't forget how everyone hates the nation, then when sumthing goes wrong, they love it again, with renewed patriotism.
    And you must fight againist Hamburgers and Baseball players. Its a rule.
    Image too tall.

Originally posted by Stupid Moomba 88
    Yeah, an Australasian look would be cool, or sumthing that looks like a American suburb! NOW THAT WOULD ROCK! Imagine the enemies, angry mums, ing basketball, ameriacn football jocks and their whoring cheerleaders. Oh, and don't forget, tje yankee at the end of the street who secretly does drugs and carries a gun, while traveling in his pickup.

Don't forget how everyone hates the nation, then when sumthing goes wrong, they love it again, with renewed patriotism.
    And you must fight againist Hamburgers and Baseball players. Its a rule.
    Do I sense a hint of sarcasm?

i think a main character or key teammate should turn into the final boss

hmm its like kingdomhearts cept rikku wasnt the last boss, i think that square should stop using the 'save the planet because someone wants to destroy it' routine. ffX did offer some variation to it but im wondering what else could your main party fight for?
    i wouldnt mind something along the lines of ffVII at the start, where cloud barret etc had to destroy shinra. Maybe an evil organisation hell bent on world domination just not the destruction of the world.

Agreed. That was cool, but FFVIII's was cool too, for it didn't have a mission. But if a whole game had that style, it'll suck.

Like that American setting thing.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

i think that square should stop using the 'save the planet because someone wants to destroy it' routine
    I agree. What about overthrow an evil and corrupt government. I know they sorta did that with shin-ra but than they decided to switch to sephy the goth with a sword. But if they stay with evil government or corporation, i think it would rock.
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    you're Auron. smart, experienced, and knowledgable.
    the rest of the gang can always count on you
    for advice. but its strange how you managed to
    stay alive after so many years of being dead..
    ;P

<br

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

SEPHIROTH IS NOT A GOTH.

Yeah, but GREEBO characters would be cool.
    And have cool music from Rage Againist The Machine too

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Perhaps they should have the ultimate tea party, and someone doesn't like the tea so they set out fighting the ultimate monsters/villains in order to get the perfect ingredient, so their little friend could enjoy his tea and cakes in peace.

I don't know, I think the whole "save the world" thing has been over done as well, but that's sort of the point; heros wouldn't be heros if they weren't saving everything. And if they defeated an corporation hell beant on ruling the world, they'd still be saving the world...
    Elionai Eli Adullam

Maybe it could be all about a band......GREEBO band right and they have to track down cool songs at the same time.

Oh yeah...they save the world too

But the European style rocks! as you brave those super Narrow, claustrophobic streets, avoiding Snobby Englishmen with bad breath and green teeth, then as you make your way onto the mainland, you need to watch out for Cigarette smoking Nihilistic Frenchwomen with armpit hair. The ending of the game consists of you sitting in a bistro smoking a cigarette with your untrustworthy friend talking about how much trout life is.

Or the Japanese setting is fantastic. That evil toilet was pretending to be your friend. Talking smooth to you and playing soothing music, and just when you trust it, BAM! it squirts a jet of water up your ass!!!! Kefka has nothing on that evil toilet.

dont judge America by the lowest common denominator. there are ideas for inspiration, you need to look for them. How about a game set in the old west? Or the Colonial period? where things like muskets are still in use. Not every RPG has to be either medieval France or science fiction 2500A.D or a combination thereof.

Seriously, i would like to see a return to reality with the Final fantasies. Cmon, in the battles you and your sword can slice through beings made out of metal, and your limit break destroys the universe, but your girlfriend dies when some loser runs his sword through her, and it never occured to you to use a phoenix down. And what is wrong with guns? I never understood how a man with a Sword did more damage than a man with a gun. Watch Indiana Janes and you'll see where im coming from...

I like the idea of a dark setting, like, in a post-apocalyptic or cyber-punk setting. But you gotta save the world, its been a pre-requisite for EVERY RPG ever made. How intense would a game be if the main objective of the game was to find your car in the parking lot?

BTW, i havent played FF2 yet, but every final fantasy deals with some kind of high technology, or has some backround that involved high tech peoples in the distant past.

I love a simple battle system. you know how annoying it was to gain levels in legends of dragoon or legends of Legia, or chrono cross? final fantasy has always been the game where i can gain levels in my sleep, which increases the overal flow of the game. I love innovation though, i thought the overal flow and pace of FFX's system was alot faster than the ATB system of previous games, where you had to wait for your little bar thingy to raise up. I like deviations, but nothing that makes the game any more complex than it has to be. I'll go play Zelda if i want real-time combat.

And the hero has to be the best fighter. period. No matter what (s)he needs to be able to whup anyone's sorry ass in a slugfest. It just doesnt seem natural when your hero is the wussy white mage.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

I would also like not to know what is going on until the end like FFIX a little...and one of my most enjoyable moments is when Cecil becomes a Paladin in FFIV...that kind of stuff should be included in FFXII..not similar of course.Sphere Grid was innovative...like it or not they deserve respect for it..I can't imagine how many hours it took 'em to build such a big thing..that sphere grid in FFX is HUGE!!!Saving the planet is okay but I would like to see something that affects only the characters you control, not having a big evil fiend who wants to destroy everything...something more personal...

Plot twists, please. This gamer needs to be shocked. Kill another main charactor, lead me on and then make me hate myself for being so completely ignorant. Gimme stuff to talk about after the game is over.

I'd like to have the medieval, IX and VI setting back as well. The futuristic stuff is nice I guess but I'm just a fantasy kind of guy. I kind of like the idea of a native american-esque fantasy game, though.

I really liked the idea behind X's lack of a worldmap but it ended up being too linear. It'd be cool if it were similar to XI in that there is no world map and you can explore pretty much anything you want.