Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of Magus/Janus ?

Default What do you guys think of Magus/Janus ?

just wondered what you guys thinks of him. Personaly hs my favorite character,I never kill him with Glenn since it doesn't change anything till the end of the game anyway. I think the game should have covered more details about him,like his origins for one(he is some kind of prince or royal character I think,'cause hs the son of Zeal). Ok,now I would sure like to continue my speech but I can,t find the damn button spoilers...and i'm sure some people wouldn't want to know certain things about our floatin' and vampiric lookin' wizard.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Spoilers? The game is over 8 years old now. If you have not played the game by now TOO BAD! You had 8 years! If those people come into a thread like this not expecting spoilers then too bad.

ANYWAYS Magus as a story characters is pretty cool. Magus as a character in your party sucks. He just isn't a team player. He is quite possibly the worse character to put into your party because of it. The double techs add more options to the battle. Also according to story he is suppose to be killed. Thats what the show at the ending cinema. Glenn is in human form so you must have killed Magus.

Glenn only appears in human form if you killed Magus. Otherwise he's still a frog. And Magus doesn't suck in battle... sure, he doesn't have any dual techs, but his triple techs are incredibly powerful... and he's also an incredible powerhouse on his own. He doesn't really need teammates.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
    ANYWAYS Magus as a story characters is pretty cool. Magus as a character in your party sucks. He just isn't a team player. He is quite possibly the worse character to put into your party because of it. The double techs add more options to the battle. Also according to story he is suppose to be killed. Thats what the show at the ending cinema. Glenn is in human form so you must have killed Magus.
    Magus doesnt suck...once he gets all of his single techs.Oh wow Lavos was like a small spider with magus/frog/crono

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

Originally posted by Kindo
    Glenn only appears in human form if you killed Magus. Otherwise he's still a frog. And Magus doesn't suck in battle... sure, he doesn't have any dual techs, but his triple techs are incredibly powerful.
    Those triple techs require that you use a stone. He only has 2 and you must have certain members in the party to do it. SUCKS.

Glenn appears in human form no matter what during the PSX animed ending...which tells us that magus is dead!

Magus is very useful, since in the end of the game I don't use much double/triple techs (It's very useful in low levels, cuz in the beggining it's stronger than single attacks, but at the end of the game, in most cases, you are wasting one attack). And Dark Matter is a damn good attack.

As a character, I think Magus is one of the greatest RPG playable characters ever... Maybe that's why I almost never kill him.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Magus is a GREAT character. Ever since I first saw him in action, I thought he was great. He's a great villain, AND a great ally. I also loved how much he cared for Schala.

As a character, Magus was great. He had depth and motivation. The way he cared for his sister was a great plot point, and in fact seemed to make it better that she's the only person he cared for. He's quite worthy of having fans.

However, I think liking him because he's 'dark' is kind of a dumb reason to like him. And if he were real, I think he'd agree with me.
    Sig under construction.

[SB]
    ANYWAYS Magus as a story characters is pretty cool. Magus as a character in your party sucks. He just isn't a team player. He is quite possibly the worse character to put into your party because of it.
    hey...don't start that again...remember me?
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Yeah. I remember you. Seems as though Magus is a bad battle character...just not a team player.

Blog Entries

Having him as a team player isn't really necessary; his magic makes him a powerful member to a party regardless. Better for him to deal out damage on his own, anyways; it's comparable to most dual techs and more attacks can be done in the same amount of time when he can't team up with another.

He was a great chracter. Everyone thought him an evil bastard, but the Monsters were the only ones who had his back, so when he took control, he took their cause. If he ended up in Guardia, it might have been different.

As for him dying in the end, that merely depends on your actions. Glenn's human? So what? I also see Magus flying around searching for Schala. Different endings.

Originally posted by Das Lynx
    As for him dying in the end, that merely depends on your actions. Glenn's human? So what? I also see Magus flying around searching for Schala. Different endings.
    NO YOU FREAKING FOOL! Did you even read what I put?

"Glenn appears in human form no matter what during the PSX animed ending..."

Thats the ending that happens no matter what. Thats not 'one of the endings' That IS the ending. It put to rest once and for all what was suppose to happen to everyone....umm....FOOL! How many times do I have to say it until it moves through everyone's Magus fetish here?

Just to comment on being a team player. It isn't always about doing damage. He doesn't have a single target attack spell and one team support spell(which is utterly useless because everyone is damn near 99 on magic defense at the end of the game). He just isn't as good as most of the other people in the game when it comes to battle.

Just get the hell out of my thread,if you don't like it Glenn lover !
    Last edited by Emperor Grahf; 09-26-2003 at 04:02 PM.

Glenn lover? Maybe Crono because he is so dreamy

Originally posted by Emperor Grahf
    Just get the hell pout of my thread,if you don't like it Gleen lover !
    xD

go ed!