Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro's 'N' Cons Of FFX (READ) (SpOiLeRs)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pro's 'N' Cons Of FFX (READ) (SpOiLeRs)

This game has caused an Epic Debate of wether it's good or crap here's what I say:

The game has a decent story line (Star wars realted but who cares) But it was maiy reusing things but that isn't noticable unless you look for it....

The Intraduction of "Over Voice" Was a Mistake I am probably Biased but me and all my freinds agree that an RPG is no place for Voices It's not the actors are crap (Which the _are_ In FFX) It's far better to Imagine the Voices (Picture Cloud having a voice like Tidus!!)

The Battles Were also Very Well done And More Options were Introduced People who Liked FF8 Were disapointed In FF9 when they saw the commands (Zell's Duel Squalls Rezonukkuen) Were Removed And you had no stratigy FF10 recaptures this with Tidus's Sword Play (Press X on the Bar) And Aurons Samuri(Enter a code) wihich is an excellent Idea!

Another Change We hadn't Asked fior was the deleation of the World Map Which Made the game to forward and Yes we Did get an airship But you couldn't really do Crap with it!!

Also Some Reviewers had a problem with the Dress Sense of the Characters Sayin they were indecent Let's just argue hat shal we....

Only 3 character Dress Slghtly Out of the Ordernary They are Rikku, Lulu and Yunalesca. But to tell You the Truth Rikku and Lulu's Dress sense is not Noticable unless you LOOK for them! (Which I didn't but my Dad pointed out to me...) and Yunalesca is on;y ever show TWICE in the Game

Also Square spent to much on the Optional Fights rather than the proper fights youv'e got to admit That Tros (3rd encounter) is MUCH hader to survive than the Yu Yevon Battles!!

What should have been hard They MADE EASY!! The Final Aeon Was killed easy with the Cerrial Weapons and after Suffering 3 hard battles with Seymour we were realeved to see the 4th had an OBVIOUS weekness which could be exposed before he even posed a threat!! Also a soon as Wakka tells you about how Omega Weapon (Ahhh that rings a bell!) betraid the Yevons and turnd into a fiend but he was NOTHING and didn't GO anyWere And Yu Yevon was a JOKE because for some strange reason HE ACCTUALLY REVEIVES YOUR CHARACTERS!!! This is unforgivable!!

The Dark Aeons Made up for it though (Note: Not every version has these Guys) which were Optional but hard and a good chalenge However You Loose a bit of chalenge when you discover that Yojimbo could kill them in one hit with his "Zammato"sword......

So there you have it this game has sufferd with bad change but it's still an enjoy able game! AND I LIKE IT!! but it could REALLY be better!!

FFX is a good game. Infact i've never played a FF game I didn't like from 6 upto and including 10.

It's not the best but it's still a good game and a fair challenge. Having changed so many things from the previous games like the way characters abilitys improve and the overhall of the battle system was a nice chance from the old ATB system of the old games.

As for the voice overs I didn't find them annoying but the fact that as usual there redone from the Japanese so you have the old problem of characters mouth moving and them saying nothing then suddenly they say "OK." looked abit stupid but theres not much you can do about that.

It introduced some new ideas and tried something abit different and it worked so you can't moan about that if you ask me.

MJN SEIFER: Eh... You haven't played Planescape Torment or Grim Fandango, have you? That voice-acting will show you what it's all about. And, well, yes, FFX's voice-acting wasn't super.

Ah... Look, go easy on the caps, ok? I'm almost allergic to them now. And punctuation is a good thing - I found myself gasping for air more than once. An' it's spelled Celestial weapons. Heh, imagine smiting Yu Yevon with a sword made of Corn Flakes!

I agree with the rest (except for the battles - when you're not fighting bosses, they get DULL), though I'd just rather shout about how unbalanced the Dark Aeons made the game. They have, what, 10-100 times YY's HP, hit up to 100 times harder (and quicker, it seems), and you still have to get past at least two of them to max your people out (though admittedly it only seems to affect Auron), so you actually have a chance when running into them - as opposed to activating Infinite Gil on the Gameshark/Pro Action Replay and dish out some Zanmato. Bah! Dark Aeons, bite me!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

i dont really think that FFX is the best ff ever but its brilliant compared to a typical PS2 title i think. One thing that got on my nerves was the TOTAL disappearance of the world map. without that, it just didnt feel like a proper FF. no freedom. i wasnt that bothered about the vioces really.

but good was the dark aeons which were chalenging, celestial weapons which was also chalenging, and the monster arena.

it was a brill game but i think square was trying to be something its not.

Cons:
    Most characters were lame, especially Tidus with his yellow spand-ex.
    There is no world map.
    Voiceacting shouldn't be in an FF game, and it was poorly done in English.
    The story is confusing, and not very good. They tried too hard.
    You have Auto-Life during the final battle.
    There is no ATB, yes I'm an ATB fan.
    The optional stuff, like Dark Aeons, all felt weird and strange somehow.
    The entire game felt weird and strange.

Pros:
    Nice graphics.
    Very short loading times.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Originally posted by Silent Warrior
    MJN SEIFER: An' it's spelled Celestial weapons. Heh, imagine smiting Yu Yevon with a sword made of Corn Flakes!
    Oh, man that's funny! I really didn't find FFX to be that bad. The voices annoyed me (especially Yuna's). But that was only because the lip synching was off. Then again, I don't get a chance to play many other games...

Hey I like it when they add voice acting to a video game. Just no when it sucks. Some things likeAuron and Lulu had cool voices, but every other voice actor sucked. Overall I thought it was a pretty cool game ( just it needed a really badass villain)

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I loved the voice acting, it added a beautiful depth to the characters, it was too bad that some of them werent as good as the rest. Lulu and Auron were especially good, Tidus and Yuna werent bad, but they werent incredible, either. That's always a big problem when it comes to dubbing, though, be it in anime or video games, it just usually doesnt come close to the beautiful depth of the Japanese voice actors.

I loved X, and I felt it had a lot of strong points. For me, I was fed up with Final Fantasy, because I was sorely disappointed with VIII and IX, and I swore that if X was bad I was just going to forget about playing the new FF's. It blew me away, and for that I was happy.

I loved the storyline, all the deception and the blind faith that the people put into Yevon... how they touched on how it was both good and bad, they showed a lot of different sides to everything. I liked the characters, I love how they grew and changed, but not drastic, unwaranted changes. They didnt just up and become new people, but they did learn more about themselves and their world, and watching them come to grips with that was great.

I love the new battle system, and how you could bring characters in and out especially. That was really neat. The sphere system was awesome, too. It allowed for a lot of extensive customization of your characters and their abilities, but still personalized it at the beginning, instead of everyone having the same spells and such all at once.

The lack of a world map was so nice, it added a serious degree of realism to the game. I dont know if that's something I would like in every game, but would be really nice is a hybrid of the old world map system and the one that X introduced... sort of like the way you move across in the map in ORPGs. It's nicer than stepping out of town, becoming massively big, and stroll around, but I do miss the exploring aspect that allowed for.

The world map would have ruined 10. It was supposed to be a pilgarmage. It would have been totally out of charecter for them to go out exploring when their supposed to be on a sacred quest to kill sin.

And I liked everybody's voice but yuna. I get the impression her actor didn't speak english very well. I don't know her name but I'd bet if you looked up the actor she's probably from another country where english isn't spoken.
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    you're Auron. smart, experienced, and knowledgable.
    the rest of the gang can always count on you
    for advice. but its strange how you managed to
    stay alive after so many years of being dead..
    ;P

<br

I disliked her voice actress, too! Oh, man. Aren't they bringing her back for FFX-2? I don't know if I'll be able to stand that.

Yep, and they relpaced some of the good ones.
    I don't remember the names off the top of my head but it's the ones who did aurom wakka and kimari.

so that stinks
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    you're Auron. smart, experienced, and knowledgable.
    the rest of the gang can always count on you
    for advice. but its strange how you managed to
    stay alive after so many years of being dead..
    ;P

<br

Big con - It's not out on PC (I don't think). I haven't found FFIX or FFX for PC, so I'm assuming that they don't exist, which really ****es me off.

Pro's

*CTB System.
    *Usefulness of Haste.
    *Allow for better battle tactics.
    *Graphics o.O

Cons
    *Yuna's generic "ok.wav" "yes.wav" voice overs.
    *Auto-Life in Final Battle.
    *No way to see how good your characters are, (in other FF's you know exactly what level you are, but in FFX you only know that you've done approximately x% of the sphere grid).
    *Stupid ambience tracks in FFX OST.
    *1247129874 versions of the Hymn of the Fayth.
    *Awkward camera angles.
    *Crazy minigames

yunas voice-over sucked.

The following are solely MY personal opinions on what made the game good or bad.

FF10 Pros:
    Graphics
    Storyline
    Option to switch characters during battle.
    Revival of the option to switch arm gear during battle.
    Voices
    Ample variety of items.
    Able to make your own ability.

FF10 Cons:
    Lack of spells.
    Lack of Aeons. (Where are Leviathan and Phoenix?)
    Weapons and armor do not naturally increase stats.
    Three playable characters at one time.
    Lack of sufficient elementals. (Winds, Earth, Holy, Poison anyone?)
    Lack of other armor.
    Save points refresh your party. (I liked the idea of stocking up on potions and tents for a long journey.)
    Free to stay in an inn.
    No card game.

Note: Holy was not Holy elemental. It was just a very strong non-elemental magic attack.