Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't beat Valvias.

As for Kain, I believe a fire shield should absorb his scorch attack. Rydia, I don't think there's anything that can protect here unless Rosa casts safe on her, but that probably won't help that much.

How do I beat Evil Wall? Cecil,[berserked] does below 2000 damage with his Light sword, Kain jumps, Rosa beserks Cecil and hastes people, Rydia casts Titan,[I haven't bothered to beat Asura yet] and Edge attacks if beserked. How do I kill him? Evil Wall closes up on me 3 steps every round. What's Virus? I've heard Rydia should cast it while fighting the wall. Is it Bio?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Rydia should cast Virus, because she can execute it quickly. Im assuming it's bio in the re-release. Cecil should attack, Kain should jump, Edge should throw pretty much everything you can spare at him. Through the strongest weapons you dont use anymore.

I need stuff that can do over 2000 damage. I don't have that and tha's why he crushes me. Do you know where I canget stuff like that?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

As repetitive as this sounds... GO LEVEL UP. Unless you want to go through the cave to the land of the summons or through Slyph cave, you've pretty much gotten what you need. If you cant beat a boss at any time, if all else fails, go level up.

What LV.? Kain's Lv.40, Cecil's 39-40, and everyone else is almost to Lv. 40.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Whatever it takes. I dont know the levels. Go level up until you're sick and tired of doing so. Your levels can never be too high.

Evil Wall, huh...? I'm pretty sure I was around lvl 45 when I defeated it...
    I remember I used Titan with Rydia... Or was it Quake? Ah, I can't remember, but Virus is pretty strong.

If you don't lvl up you'll have a difficult time with some bosses after the Evil Wall...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

More levels are always good. It seems like you're having troubles with a lot of the bosses later in the game, so it sounds like you need more levels. If you need specific strategies for bosses, www.gamefaqs.com is the way to go.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Definitly, on both of The Dude's points. Dont blaze through the game, everytime you have free movement (ie: You're exploring or walking somewhere) take the time to go and level up. Even if it's just 2 or 3 levels, it can make a huge difference.