Thread: "Final Fantasy XII Tidbits"

Default "Final Fantasy XII Tidbits"

Final Fantasy XII Tidbits
    07.31.03 Valvados

Square Enix has been notably quiet about its next single-player installment in its trademark series. Perhaps it is because of the buzz surrounding the release of FFX-2, or the soon to come release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Either way, detail on the title has been sparse, and it still is. But now we at least have some idea of when we will begin to learn more.

During a meeting recently held by Sony, Yasumi Matsuno, the producer behind Final Fantasy XII, let slip that Square would be ready to show off more of the upcoming title this fall. It can perhaps be assumed that this was a reference to the upcoming Tokyo Games Show. He also mentioned that the title would be something “fresh,” hopefully breathing a new life back into the series.

So, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing the return of ATB, but exactly how new and evolved this title will be is still anyone’s guess. Hopefully we’ll all be able to see for ourselves this fall.

Final Fantasy XII is currently scheduled to launch sometime before the end of the current fiscal year, early 2004.
    I found this on the Final Fantasy Online website, who got it from IGN. Anyone else know about this? Well I guess this part of the forum needed at least SOMETHING for someone to talk about.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

*rejoices*

Well, there's not much to see at the moment. I guess we'll just have to wait until the Tokyo games show...

Something tells me, though, it's gonna be ace...