Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG!! FF7 SEQUEL CONFIRMED!!

Any word on Aerrith?

Don't blame me. Blame yourself, or blame God.

The danish article make it sound more like a game, yes, but they don't state that it's a game or a movie. Maybe they don't know, like us?

And no, it doesn't say anything about Aeris.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Game or movie I don't think that Aeris should be in it.. after all (SPOILER) she died and if she were to come back it wouldn't make much sense plus would make her death in FFVII not mean as much Mind you I thought Cloud (SPOILER)killed Sephy too but he seems to be in it. And Aeris was in Kingdom Hearts (SPOILER) looking very alive . So maybe I could accept it.
    rawr

(SPOILER)Since Aeris is dead, I for one think it would be very lame if she just came back.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

(SPOILER)Since Aeris is dead, I for one think it would be very lame if she just came back.
    Yes, it would be lame. BUT, it could actually be cool to see her in a flashback or something.

The danish article make it sound more like a game, yes, but they don't state that it's a game or a movie. Maybe they don't know, like us?
    Yes it does. Maybe it's a game, and not a movie? I don't know, but mostly I think it's a movie...

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

From what I've heard in several places, it's a film. It's also pretty safe to assume that Aeris will appear in it since I'm guessing that Advent Children is to focus on the characters, and what's happened to them since the end of the game. How can you go on about Cloud's mental state without bringing up Aeris? It's impossible; she will appear in it, though I can only hope in a flashback type scenario, not that they (SPOILER)effin' resurrect her =S

To be honest though, I think it's one of the best ideas Square have had insomuch as making it a film; with so many of the games, there's argument over what happens, but a film is far more... oblique generally, than the games tend to be. It may also clear up a lot of the arguments that have been ongoing about the original game as well...

But time will tell I guess; it's still not 100% confirmed in my eyes, though I think it's safe to say that it is genuine.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

I belive it! Whoknows maybe this is Square's big secret the going to let out at the Tokyo Game Show.
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

*Passes out*

30 minutes later...

This... is true? Woah, it will be so good if Square-Enix announce it at the Tokyo Game Show. I shouldn't get my hopes up though, it may not release in Australia.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

A movie actually sounds better... if it were a game, it would probably be something lame and slutty like X-2 was, anyway.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Agreed.

...man, it would rock if the Turks made it past Meteor. If they weren't meant to, I would very sad.

Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
    This is going to either be cool or suck...suck like the Spirits with in sucks. Lets just hope it isn't that sucky.
    ditto. I was so disappointed with spirits within.
    What's a jellicle cat?

Live action, wow, thats just bout corny but somewhat cool, is gonna appear in the US in 2004 right or just Japan

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nanko/images/6787.jpg

Right in the poster, the japanese at one point says "geemu" which means game in japanese (japanese pronunciation)
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

Dont you think it would be kind of weird that after the game being made 5 0r six years ago that they would now make a move dvd etc. now?DOnt get me wrong I would love it.Now that I think about it I guess there are a lot of fans.Ok forget I said that
    God Loves Variety

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

Originally posted by twobitmage
    http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~nanko/images/6787.jpg

Right in the poster, the japanese at one point says "geemu" which means game in japanese (japanese pronunciation)
    It can say something like, "Based on the hip Playstation game blah blah blah." Also, if you read on the Eyes on FF main page, it has been said that Advent Children is going to be a movie on DVD.