Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG!! FF7 SEQUEL CONFIRMED!!

Default the voices!!!!

Well, what would you rather Cloud sound? Deep and raspy? Or more like a teenager? What about Tifa... will they make her out to look like Cloud's slut? or more like a good-hearted girlfriend??..... Can't wait!!!! Square makes so much money off of us.. if they charged $300 per DVD... we'd still buy it! lol
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

Well, what would you rather Cloud sound? Deep and raspy? Or more like a teenager? What about Tifa... will they make her out to look like Cloud's slut? or more like a good-hearted girlfriend??..... Can't wait!!!! Square makes so much money off of us.. if they charged $300 per DVD... we'd still buy it! lol

COURSE WE WOULD BUY IT!

n o - l o v e - o r - g l o r y
    Goodbyes|Me|Trinity|Us|Mako Eyes
    Mercenary

i'm bored of the FFVII characters. this isn't going to be very good. that's not to say I won't see it.

Party pooper... j/k
    Disect a trillion sighs away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember. Cause I'm a million miles away. Will you get this letter? Jagged pulp sliced in my veins. I write to remember!
    -At The Drive-In-

The project will be a bomb. They can possibly ruin all the characters that have been immortalized in the gaming community. If this is true there are so many things that could go wrong with it. And only a small chance it would go right.

Besides, Square is good at making 60 hour long video games. Not 90 minute long movies. What could the characters possibly do in 90 minutes that would really be all that interesting.

Square just doesn't seem like they are making very good business decisions. Somebody needs to tell them to not mess with good things that weren't meant to be messed with. Mess with good things that were meant to be messed with. Like Xenogears. But wait, they couldn't get that right either. And let the series go somewhere else.

Square is destined to have a tragic downfall based on bad business decisions.

It's not even 90 minutes, only 60. -_-

Check out this topic on gamefaqs, someone apparantly got to see a preview of AC on TGS and translated it. Very spoilerish.

I'm really not sure what to think...

how do you know its 60 minutes?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sixty minutes sounds like it'd be a waste of time. There's so little that could happen in such a short time... most TV series pilot episodes are longer than that. Ninety at least would be tolerable.

Edit: However... that Gamefaqs translation did say sixty. Kinda hoping it's wrong.

What can happen in one hour?
    (SPOILER)Lots of people die from the Star Scar illness; Sephiroth - or a lookalike - makes a comeback and gets snipped by Cloud. Not much room for the 'journey to save the world' they hinted about.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Ahh but what if they make it so the Sephiroth you beat in FF7 was the clone and the new Sephy is the real one?

What then......

Sixty minutes sounds like it'd be a waste of time. There's so little that could happen in such a short time... most TV series pilot episodes are longer than that. Ninety at least would be tolerable.
    Yeah, 60 min. isn't much. But maybe they're making more movies than one? Maybe two, or even three Advent Children movies?

Or maybe the 60 min. thing is just a rumuor. let's hope so.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think people should stop hyping it up so much and just consider it an add-on, or something. Like an alternative ending to the game. There are fanfics all over the world, don't forget, and people don't slag them off because they're short. This one just happens to be official - don't knock them for not making it into a feature film.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

If it's only 60 minutes, I'm not expecting too much for my own sake, to not be disappointed. I'm very excited hearing this. It'll be very interesting.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

And here I thought Square couldn't have done anything dumber than making Final Fantasy X-2. Boy, they sure showed me. -_-

Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
    Ahh but what if they make it so the Sephiroth you beat in FF7 was the clone and the new Sephy is the real one?

What then......
    That would be lame, they can't just change the story like that. Terribly wrong.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Remember though, everyone: Cowboy Bebop kicked ass in twenty-five minute quickies. Sixty minutes may not be long, but Square may be able to do well with it.

Course, i'm still not entirely sold that this is truly in the works. But to each his own, i suppose.

(-o-)

-tie fighter