Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG!! FF7 SEQUEL CONFIRMED!!

...You're not honestly going to compare a Final Fantasy movie to Cowboy Bepop, are you? Cowboy Bepop is a rare masterpiece that goes well beyond most other animes. It's almost in a completely different catagory that is shared only by a handful of other animes (Evangelion and FLCL for example).
    Square masters in video games, movies and animation are a whole nother area which, so far, they've proven to suck at. The Spirits Within was just decent, and they went all out on that one. My complaint isn't even the fact that's going to be a movie, it's that it's going to be at all! Seven was perfect the way it was, it didn't need anything to add onto it. And Christ, when will they realize that 3D realistic animation doesn't work, and isn't always necessary, for everything! Just looking at the way they're making Cloud and Sephiroth look makes me sick. It doesn't fit them at all.
    And I swear if they somehow get Lance Bass to voice Sephiroth again.... >_<

Suppossedly, it was said at TGS that FFVII: AC isn't going to be a movie at all, it's some completely new consept and they just aren't sure how to delvier it yet. Hmm...
    **insert catchy sig**

Originally posted by Kenshin IV
    ...You're not honestly going to compare a Final Fantasy movie to Cowboy Bepop, are you? Cowboy Bepop is a rare masterpiece that goes well beyond most other animes. It's almost in a completely different catagory that is shared only by a handful of other animes (Evangelion and FLCL for example).
    Square masters in video games, movies and animation are a whole nother area which, so far, they've proven to suck at. The Spirits Within was just decent, and they went all out on that one. My complaint isn't even the fact that's going to be a movie, it's that it's going to be at all! Seven was perfect the way it was, it didn't need anything to add onto it. And Christ, when will they realize that 3D realistic animation doesn't work, and isn't always necessary, for everything! Just looking at the way they're making Cloud and Sephiroth look makes me sick. It doesn't fit them at all.
    And I swear if they somehow get Lance Bass to voice Sephiroth again.... >_<
    Yeah and obvisoully you know more about what fits Cloud and Sephiroth than the actual company that MADE Cloud and Sephiroth. I think it's completely logical for them to do this in 3D, seeing as the game was 3D.

I'm going to stay neutral about this untill more information is revealed such as:

1. Where it'll be released and when.
    2. Who will be in it.
    3. How those people look in it.
    4. How much it'll cost.
    5. What it will focus on. If it's going to be like FFX-2, and focusing on chicks going around changing cloths every battle, I'll be against it for sure.

Originally posted by ChibInuYasha
    Suppossedly, it was said at TGS that FFVII: AC isn't going to be a movie at all, it's some completely new consept and they just aren't sure how to delvier it yet. Hmm...

Yes, they said that it wasn't a game, and not a movie, but referred to it as "visual content", whatever that is.

Zezipster has the right of it. I strongly suggest we reserve judgement until they've actually MADE the bloody film. (If indeed it is made) For cripe's sake, some people seem to positively DELIGHT in saying that the movie is gonna suck, and won't stop till everyone is convinced it's gonna suck, and everything Square produces these days is total and utter crap. Let's have some faith in our favourite Japanese gaming company here people! They made one movie that wasn't ideal and it failed. Yet it seems they may gather the courage to do it a second time. That's balls, right there. And they've done it wrong once, which means they have been able to learn some lessons. Besides, you don't even know if it's gonna be the same people working on it.
    The storm was coming? Light, he WAS the storm

-Rand Al'Thor.Path of Daggers. Robert Jordan

Originally posted by Kenshin IV
    ...You're not honestly going to compare a Final Fantasy movie to Cowboy Bepop, are you?
    Kenshin, don't make straw men out of my statements. What i said was that there's no reason to dismiss this movie simply on the grounds of its allegedly intended length, and then used a well known and well respected series to support my argument. i made no qualitative statements in the slightest, and to assume so in your response implies to me that you're merely looking to bash other members and stir up trouble.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Geeze, I really don't know what to say about this.

I don't know what Square-Enix is thinking, honestly; ever since Squaresoft sold itself out to Enix, things have been going down hill looks wise. Is it just me or did all of this fanservice and sequel stuff started when Enix came into the picture?

Final Fantasy has made great, quality games. My personal favorites being 6-10. After looking at X-2, I didn't know what to think. I either thought that Tatsuya Nomora has been either kicked out of the designing business for Final Fantasy, or some really sexually frustrated man doodled them. The same goes for this Final Fantasy VII.

Sure it seems facinating to see our beloved characters in realistic 3D but I'm skeptical on how they're going to butcher their personalities. Final Fantasy, since even the first one, has never had a sequel to my knowledge. And now that Enix is here, they're turning all of our oldschool good games into [perhaps] fanservice movies or sequels. After seeing what they did to Yuna and Rikku, I'm a little skeptical on what they might do to VII's characters.

However, when people first showed Final Fantasy X-2's poster, a lot of people thought of it as a rumor or a hoax. It was pure Final Fantasy blasphemy to make a sequel, especially after years and years of making the Final Fantasies I-X without any of them relating to each other [exceptions being the Cid dynasty, Chocobos, Moogles, Summons and whatnot]. After finally confirming about FFX-2, I'm not surprised that Square-Enix's next move is to make a movie on Final Fantasy VII. The poster seems pretty realistic and an obvious mass money-making idea; since Square-Enix's greed seems to be a rather unsolvable problem, of course making one of the greatest hits of the gaming commuity a movie would surely roll in the dough.

Either way, to be on a more personal note ... Sephiroth looks like a girl. And didn't Cloud have an unusual glow to his eyes because of the Mako? Those eyes look pretty normal to me.

Edit: Mixed up some information. :rolleyes2
    Last edited by Raurenu; 09-28-2003 at 01:13 AM.
    We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, we sometimes are driven to become the devil himself.

Which FFVII Character Are You? I'm Aeris!

Originally posted by ZeZipster
    Yeah and obvisoully you know more about what fits Cloud and Sephiroth than the actual company that MADE Cloud and Sephiroth.
    I guess I do.

And the original drawings were done in an anime style, not a realistic style. Take a look at Cloud's, Sephiroth's, and Aeris' hairdo and try to tell me those look even remotely realistic. The realistic renders don't fit the characters at all.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, the original designs by Yoshitaka Amano were less "anime-styled" than Tetsuya Nomura's renderings from the game itself.

I rather like the more-realistic designs that've been unveiled. It's nice to see what Cloud's hair would look like in the 'real world'.

I'm looking forward to the film. Even if it's relatively short, it still seems to have a lot of potential. A concise, hopefully dramatic story, showing a different side of the characters perhaps.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think it looks promising from what I've seen. But even it is the worst movie ever made, even if it gets a rotten rating on the tomatometer, I'm still going to see it *once*. Sometimes a movie comes along like that and I feel this is one of them.

Yeah, the movie seems like it's gonna be exciting. The old FF7 team is back together to make this movie, so it couldn't be THAT bad, right?

Well, at least I'm looking forward to it.

Sounds like Raurenu shares my exact views on this thing and the "new" Square in general. It has definitely been going downhill, in terms of quality, ever since they hooked up with Enix. They have completely abandoned their 'traditions'. Instead of realeasing one game every two-or-so years, with a lot of depth and thought-out characters etc... They are now mass-producing Final Fantasy products such as movies and games. Damn, X-2, XI, and XII started being worked upon about the same time. Quality is down... and our favourite music composer, Uematsu, has been under so much time-pressure, that he no longer has the time to compose an entire OST by himself. He has needed to take help by others, which means a severe slope in the unique music-experience FF has had so far. X-2's soundtrack makes me want to puke, and X and XI are not particularly well-made, in my opinion.

What annoys me the most is the fact that they're using sex to sell games now. I would expect no less from other companies, with games like DoA and such... But I never expected Square to sink to those levels. With X-2, I was proven wrong. I mean, where is the logic in having to be naked if you're a thief? It's so damn silly, and I can't believe what they did to Yuna, either. She's a priest, for Christ's sake! Not a damn leather-babe with blazing guns! "Lara Croft meets Britney Spears."

Making three games in one (maybe two) years and making sequels where the main difference is the dressing-style of the female characters, makes Square just another sell-out company.

PS: Yeah, Raurenu, thanks for pointing it out. I hadn't thought of that mako-glow in his eyes, before. I really wonder what happened to it...
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

It has definitely been going downhill,
    Square isnt exactly a good company. They just had a few golden years in the middle (ff6-9). So don't get suprised...
    I'm still excited about the movie though.. it looks very nice.. I don't really care if the story is good or not. FF7's story was good, that's enough for me. Now I'm just excited to see the old gang in photo realistic graphics and with voices (lets hope the voices are good though =-/)
    You people take it far too seriously. If it sucks so what? That doesn't change anything about FF7. This is a win/win situation for us consumers

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad this is happening because I'd rather watch the damn games then play 'em at this point and looking back on the old FFVII graphics makes me sad for they are ugly.

That is all.

Articles

I think a whole new game might have ruined FF7 for many people. From what things look like, this won't change much, but give some insight on some things maybe. It'll be interesting, thats for sure.