Thread: Particular Desktop Icons.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Particular Desktop Icons.

I've been browsing a few other fora, and noticed this one desktop thread that I chose to look around in. Someone had this awesome desktop with these cool, yet simple icons. I've attached the picture of the desktop, so if anyone can either create icons to look like those, or know where to find those exact ones it would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My guess would be that it's a recoding of some Linux GUI, or perhaps a personal build. i doubt you could pull off those text-links-as-icons in something like windows. Or anything that isn't open source, for that matter. *avoiding Win-centrism*

Point is, i don't know that there's any truly "easy" way to pull that off, unless anyone knows of a precoded desktop setup out there on the 'net or something.

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Well, you could go into photoshop, or whatever you use, and make icon sized images that are just text. Then use an icon creation program (I use microangelo) to convert the pics into icons. Alternately, you could disable all the icons on your desktop, then create a webpage as your desktop, and just use HTML protocols to link to programs and stuff. It's possible to do, just a little difficult.

you can see a webpage on the desktop in action here (the links under the grenade are a on a locally stored webpage)
    Plastic Jesus shelters me
    For his head comes off, you see
    He's hollow and i use him for a flask.
    --Jello Biafra, Plastic Jesus

My page

Ah, i stand corrected. The "view as webpage" setting struck me as <i>so</i> annoying and <i>so</i> long ago, i forgot it existed. Who would have thought it'd ever be useful?

(-o-)

-tie fighter

Yeah, I just recently re-discovered it, it works best with a small locally stored page, and you have to lock it on the desktop to keep it from looking cluttered, but it can work pretty well
    Plastic Jesus shelters me
    For his head comes off, you see
    He's hollow and i use him for a flask.
    --Jello Biafra, Plastic Jesus

My page