Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst FF1 party

Best: BM-WM-FT-TH

Worst: BB-BB-BB-BB

Blog Entries

Agreed with Darth Cid.

Except, in the best, I'd replace WM with RM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I like using the Thief for balance, but really, the Thief (in the NES version) is just a dumbed-down Fighter that gets black magic instead of white after class change. I think two Fighters is overall superior. So I'd say my best party would be FT-FT-WM-BM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow. Epic revive here. Nice work.

Best: FT - BB - WM - BM has been my favourite party so far. I started with FT - RM - TH - WM and hated it, so that would be my worst party in terms of least favourite.

Blog Entries

Meh. I like Thief BECAUSE of the black magic after class change.
    I used to like BB more than Thief but then I realized: No extra black magic at my disposal.
    Crums.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

pretty much any party with two fighters is the best party. I like Fi-Fi-WM-WM.

I am going to leave the old revival because it is worth digging some things up. :elk:

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I didn't even notice this thread was revived. xD
    Figaro Castle

Any parties with two fighters will decimate. FT-FT-WM-BM is probably the best. When I was a kid, I think the first party I beat the game with was FT-RM-WM-BM.

I had a lot of fun last time I played with RW-BW-BW-BW. I stopped as I was leveling for the final battle, but I can't wait to unleash three NUKEs in a row on some poor, poor thing. When I get strong enough, I'm going to try for Warmech. The RW is just the meat shield and does little good other than he can bring back a dead character.

When you get the two heal helmets, the Zeus gauntlet, the light hammer, the black shirt, and the mage staff, the use of spell-slingers becomes somewhat diminished.

I'll probably be playing this game soon. Ive never gotten too far into it (much less beaten it), but I've been meaning to for some time now. Also since its my first time playing through I'd like to run 4 different classes instead of more than one of a certain class just so I can experience the game more (at least thats how I look at it). I'm thinking of running :

Thief - Fighter - Red Mage - Monk

It's a melee heavy group, but the red mage can cover me until I hit promotions where the thief gets black magic and the fighter gets white magic when he promotes. Does this seem manageable?

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I didn't even notice this thread was revived. xD
    Haha i r l33t

Moogle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I'll probably be playing this game soon. Ive never gotten too far into it (much less beaten it), but I've been meaning to for some time now. Also since its my first time playing through I'd like to run 4 different classes instead of more than one of a certain class just so I can experience the game more (at least thats how I look at it). I'm thinking of running :

It's a melee heavy group, but the red mage can cover me until I hit promotions where the thief gets black magic and the fighter gets white magic when he promotes. Does this seem manageable?
    Make sure to play the NES version. Then later on you will have a good base to compare all the remakes and other versions to.
    but the world refused to change...

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post

For the record, don't put them in that order. Fighter first, then Monk, then Red Mage, then Thief.

I've recently grown very fond of the party Fighter/Fighter/Fighter/Red Mage.
    All characters can deal good damage with physical weapons, plus the fourth one is a Red Mage and therefore knows a repertoire of white and black magic.
    I think this is one of the best parties, and definitely one of the most enjoyable ones.

The worst party is probably four Thiefs, because while the White Mages are weaker, at least they can heal themselves and use EXIT.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> "Cheap/non-Cheap FF1 party", I think thats a better title for this thread..
    The one thats good or bad is the player itself..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm going to go with
    Fighter - Fighter - Red Mage - White Mage

I don't like Theives, because imho they are rather useless until class changes, and after class change still aren't quite as good as Knights, same thing for monks. I find the second party member gets hit enough it is really handy to have a second tank in there as well.

As for the last two, I found Black Mages woefully under powered in this game. By the end of the game all my Back Wizard was doing was using cure helm every turn. Not to mention in virtualy all versions of the game a Black Mage does no more magic damage than a Red Mage.

I found the only time Black Mages are highly useful is in the beginning of the game, for Fire2, and a little later on for Haste. Red Mages can cast them both. And seeing as a Red Mage can do most of the Black Mages usefulness to me, and obviously excels in every other area, it isn't a tough choice.

I pick a White Mage over a Red Mage for the last spot solely because of Exit.

Yeah, I would have to go either 4 x Theif or 4 x Black Belt for worst party, because as stated, at least White Mages can heal.