Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst FF1 party

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The masses have spoken, and BB/BB/BB/BB is by far the worst party.

Best: Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage

With this team you can equip every spell (though not all at once because of the three spell slot limit for each level) and every weapon and armor in the game (excluding bonus dungeon equipment). It's also really good when it comes to variety (two fighters and two mages, two white magic and two black magic users).

Worst (taking into account the fact that I don't consider solo, duo, triplet teams or repeats of characters in the same team): Thief, Red Mage, Monk, Black Mage

I've used this team twice and I guess it's still rather balanced. The reason I consider it the worst is because the Warrior and White Mage are extremely vital early on in the game (Warrior for being at the front taking all the hits, white mage for being able to access vital curing magic and status ailment healing spells). Also, there's a lot of really good equipment that remains specific to the Knight, even after getting a Ninja (especially stuff like Excalibur and the Dragon Mail). As for the white wizard, the red wizard won't be able to use spells that are really vital in a pinch (such as Full Life and Healaga).

I was wanting to make a thread exactly like this, except with my "full team of four and no repeats of classes" rule, but I guess I'll save that one for later since this thread is active.

Blog Entries

I think... the worst for me... (back in the day... I had bad experiences.) Is probably 4 fighters. I really like having a fighter, red mage, white mage, and black mage. I think that's the best for me! :3
    I'm free! I'm free! ...dang it.

Default Possibly the best?

How about the best: F/F/BB/RM

So much power you won't know what to do with it all. It lacks healing at the beginning, but the defense is also very good. When the black belt reaches level 10 this party will begin to roll over things. It is very easy to level and progresses through the game quickly.
    but the world refused to change...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mystik_Ninja View Post
    How about the best: F/F/BB/RM

So much power you won't know what to do with it all. It lacks healing at the beginning, but the defense is also very good. When the black belt reaches level 10 this party will begin to roll over things. It is very easy to level and progresses through the game quickly.
    I like your signature.

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

i'm doing my 1st play through and went with F+T+WM+BM....... did i fail?
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyRedXIII View Post
    i'm doing my 1st play through and went with F+T+WM+BM....... did i fail?
    Not quite. I think you can have your own party the way you want it. Nothing can stop you from beating the game. In fact, the ninja's pretty decent. (In the GBA version I remember, but I don't know about the PS1 or NES versions.)
    I remember that with my boyfriend, that was our first party together. Then I said, actually, the Red Mage has the ability to use the Silver Sword (Mythril in PS1) that you get from Elfheim... so let's just use him... the Marsh Caves suck... So we started over. (Now we have a role play with these characters. Yes... I'm a nerd.)

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Thieves are WAY worse in the NES and PS1 versions of the game than in the GBA version. Black Mages were also not nearly as good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Thieves are WAY worse in the NES and PS1 versions of the game than in the GBA version. Black Mages were also not nearly as good.
    I never took a game with at thief nearly as far in the NES, so I really don't know. <_<

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

On the NES Thieves/Ninjas are completely useless compared to other classes you could take instead.

My favorite is Fi/Bb/Rm/Wm.

Bb/Bb/Bb/Bb was a really fast and easy playthrough.

Contributions

I was reading an extremely funny thread about someone who tried a solo thief challenge on an NES emulator. He had to be lv29 to kill Astos, and even then only managed it with repeatedly loading save states to get lucky with crits. After which he just gave up.

HSUP B TCELES - Let's Play FF1! Again! - The Return of Talking Time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    On the NES Thieves/Ninjas are completely useless compared to other classes you could take instead.

My favorite is Fi/Bb/Rm/Wm.

Bb/Bb/Bb/Bb was a really fast and easy playthrough.
    Heh. Oh well! Poor Thief. You know what they are good for? Running away. <_<

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thieves are definetly the worst class. Crappy gear, stats, lack of versatility and offer nothing to the party until the class change. Even then, the Ninja is a pretty sad class who at best is a Warrior with crappy black magic. I think they slide by with fans cause their class change just happens to be Ninja but quite frankly, they are the worst version of the Ninja class in the series as well.

Ninja's are not terrible but I don't feel the trade off is worth handicapping yourself with the Thief character through the first half.

Best Team would probably be WAR/WHM/RDM/WAR or throw in a BB to replace one of the WAR if you want an easy and fast game since you won't be needlessly grinding for equipment.

Worst would probably be either a whole party of White Mages or a team of Theives with a Black mage, leaving you with a defensively weak party with no healer and only modest means of doing damage.

Contributions

Best Team would probably be WAR/WHM/RDM/WAR or throw in a BB to replace one of the WAR if you want an easy and fast game since you won't be needlessly grinding for equipment.
    We actually agree on something. Though your character order leaves room for improvement

Heh. Oh well! Poor Thief. You know what they are good for? Running away. <_<
    Actually they don't have any higher success running away than any other class. That's just a myth.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wasn't paying attention to order.