Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst FF1 party

Default Best/Worst FF1 party

As a thought

Best = F+F+BM+WM

Worst = WM+WM+WM+WM
    Miles_the_11

wm+wm+Bm+wm

I'd say BM + BM + BM + BM would be much worse. They can't heal and their HP and defence is rock bottom.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Yeah, all black mage would suck. For one thing, youd end up only having enough to afford magic for a couple of them, and when they run out, well, its time to stab the enemy with tiny kives.
    My best party was Fighter, Red Mage, Thief, Black Mage.

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

Er, Fighter/Red Mage/BB/White Mage.

Worst party?? Probably four BBs/Monks. Unne's site has the full scoop behind that.

Best: FT/FT/FT/RM or FT/FT/FT/FT... too close to tell

Worst unpromoted party: TH/TH/TH/TH
    Worst promoted party: WW/WW/WW/WW

the best kn,kn,tf,rm.
    the worst 4 bm
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Originally posted by Bill
    Er, Fighter/Red Mage/BB/White Mage.
    w00t.

I couldn't imagine using a party of Thief quintuplets. At least white mages can heal.

Originally posted by Bill
    Worst party?? Probably four BBs/Monks. Unne's site has the full scoop behind that.
    I have read that scoop at his site and i have to say that it is pretty stupid. He really has no idea what he is talking about. I have tried that party and basically everything he says is wrong.

By Dr.UnneIf you like Black Belts I guess this is an OK party. It is cheap, I give it that. You'll need that money for the thousands of gallons of heal potions you'll go through during this game. Also plan to become a regular at the local Clinic.
    Umm this is not true. During my exp with this party i had to use just as much heal potions in this party as i ever do with any other party (except for FT/FT/FT/FT) and i only died a few times, and those few times happend because of RUB and other instant death attacks. I didnt overlevel either. I beat the bosses and dungeons at normal lvls.

By Dr.Unne
    You'll be able to fight OK though, once you get to Elfland and you can start using your fists; before then, you just have to pray. But for the whole game, the BBs' defense sucks, big time. BBs have no magic, so they can't heal themselves, and they also can't use magic to kill large groups of enemies, and they can't run as well as thieves; in other words, you get to stand around and look dumb while monsters use your party for target practice.
    What do you mean OK? The BB have great attack power. Well in the begging it is a little crappy but once you get to lvl 8 they get a lot better. Once they get to lvl 15 they will take A LOT of dmg, and at the end of the game at lvl 27 (the lvl i beat it at) they will easily do 400-600 dmg. Their defense isnt that bad either, yes its not as good as a Knight or a ninja but it is better then everyone else. Plus they get high HP to make up for it. Now they may not have the best defense in the game but they DO have the best Magic Defense (an invisible stat). The part about magic is true, it does suck that they do not get any magic but thats why there are items like the Zues glove, heal staff, defense sword....
    The part about the thief being better at running away is true on the NES version but on the PSX version the BB is just as good at running.

By DR.UnneSo be prepared to drag a couple corpses around with you 90% of the game. If by some chance you manage to make it to class change with this party, well, you get a huge reward of NOTHING, because BBs don't get anything from class change. But on the bright side, your sprite becomes uglier. Wait... sorry, that's not a bright side. There is no bright side to this party. You'll probably find that you depsperately need the magic-casting items you get later in the game, but those don't make up for the pitiful lack of magic in this party. I think I'd rather take a party of four elderly groundhogs than take a party of four BB's, to be honest.
    Like i said earlier, i hardly died with this party. Actuall the BB do get a difference after class change. Before class change they use to get a +4 magic defense per lvl as a master they get a +3. Its not a good change but its still something.
    Final Fantasy 1 Solos Beaten
    Knight (both PSX and NES)
    Fighter
    Master
    Monk (both PSX and NES)
    Ninja
    Thief (both PSX and NES)
    Red Wiz
    Red Mage
    Black Wiz
    Black Mage
    White Wiz
    White Mage

He didn't say that it wasn't possible to beat the game w/ 4 BBs. I believe his point was that the game can get pretty freaking boring, since none of the BBs can use magic ever, and has to rely solely on HEAL potions to heal themselves. I'm assuming you've only tried that party with the NES version, since you use terms like 'lvl' and 'damage'. You really should try the four BB party on the PSX version. (On Normal mode, of course.)

The BB is an awesome character, but too much of a good thing goes sour, IMO.

I never said that he said that it is impossible since no party is impossible (unless you handicap them). I was saying how he is wrong when he said how horrible it was. But yeah i have beaten it on the PSX version too. A long with an equiped solo Black Belt at lvl 32.

oh yeah i forgot to list my best/worst party....

Best IMO - FT/TH/BB/RM
    Worst - TH/TH/TH/TH unclasschange
    Final Fantasy 1 Solos Beaten
    Knight (both PSX and NES)
    Fighter
    Master
    Monk (both PSX and NES)
    Ninja
    Thief (both PSX and NES)
    Red Wiz
    Red Mage
    Black Wiz
    Black Mage
    White Wiz
    White Mage

Default Way to go, IRECKONBO!!!

I have read Unne's, ah, opinion of four Black Belts and I disagree. I believe Ireckonbo has covered all the big reasons why it rocks so badly, so I won't do any repeating.

Besides, Unne's biased.

As for the best party, I would have to say

Fighter:Black Belt:White Mage:Black Mage

You get to use Xcalaber, freaking huge 10 hits, all the curative magic you like and nuke crap all over the place if the two guys in fronnt don't suit your fancy as death dealers.

As for the worst, if you exclude one person parties, I would say 4 thieves. Not because I'm just as biased as Unne, but also cause they just plain suck. Put everything anout the black belts downsides down here. They can cast Black Magic(which you can get with items anyway), and they sure can run away like mad, but I don't think thatrunning from Chaos would work too well, especially due to the fact that's he's sorta immortal, you know?

Default best and worst combo

my favorite would be M+M+M+RM
    the worst i can think of is all teives the do no damage at all

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Graves View Post
    He didn't say that it wasn't possible to beat the game w/ 4 BBs. I believe his point was that the game can get pretty freaking boring, since none of the BBs can use magic ever, and has to rely solely on HEAL potions to heal themselves. I'm assuming you've only tried that party with the NES version, since you use terms like 'lvl' and 'damage'. You really should try the four BB party on the PSX version. (On Normal mode, of course.)

The BB is an awesome character, but too much of a good thing goes sour, IMO.
    Agreed. There are no parties which cannot beat the game, but there sure are parties which are boring and tedious to do so with; four Black Belts being at the top of this list.
    Figaro Castle

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I agree. Magic is too much fun to give up completely.

And of course, BBs suck. (hey, someone has to say it since Unne isn't here anymore)