Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best/Worst FF1 party

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That, and the only time you should ever consider running is against a group of sorcerers in the ice cave.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Actually they don't have any higher success running away than any other class. That's just a myth.
    I do believe luck has something to do with it. But meh. That myth stood true for the time I used it. He got me out of a butt-ton of bad situations. But then again, I never used him that much... :P
    I'm free! I'm free! ...dang it.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Luck has everything to do with it, but the probability is the same for all classes. When I first played FF I read that the Thief ran away at a higher rate and was ripping out my hair because he actually had a lower success rate than everyone else. (Also due to random fluctuations)

Blog Entries

Huh. I didn't know. All I knew is that he had blue hair, and that he got me out of a lot of craptastic situations. Then again... so did the Black Mage... <_<
    Isn't it odd that the Red Mage has black hair on the over world? I always found it strange. There's probably a logical explanation for that... Then again... if not... my childhood wonder will never be solved, and I will forever remain in ponderous thought... Which isn't so bad really...
    I'm free! I'm free! ...dang it.

Well I'm not sure what the BEST party would be. But I am satisfied with my team consisting of a fighter named Dave, a thief called Mike, a Red Mage called Ryder ( ) and a Black Mage called Shadow. Haven't had much trouble with this team, although Shadow is kind of a wimp when he doesn't use magic. In case you didn't read my post, I haven't played any version of any FF game in years except for Final Fantasy Adventure on the Game Boy, which I got back in 2007 after watching a gameplay video of it on YouTube (I don't really play RPGs that much except for Phantasy Star and some other SEGA RPGs).

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Hey RedMageRyder! We typically don't revive threads this old, but there's generally a bit of interest in best/worst party based threads if you want to start a new one!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.