Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch your backs PvP is coming to the game!

war is what we need!!! enlist in an army invade the other country and let the piliging begin. nice twist huh? oh and by the way whenit hits the stores be ware of a very strong character, InuYasha.

ill except any challenge.
    "In the end there can be only one...

I know it'll be set up as a duel system, where you have to accept, but I think its still going to go against all that is FFXI. From playing the beta, I have found no real reason for them to add PvP. I think it'll take away from the game because you'll have some jackass that will keep harassing you to fight over and over again... I hope they add filters to block this
    I just think there will be to many immature people that won't use the system productively.
    *imagines his little Taru DRK dismantling a big Galka...*
    there are some up sides though

grand lethal you're retarded!!!!

how ca being able to kill people mak a a game worse?
    "In the end there can be only one...

he means constant challanges form peopel may be annoying...as well in FF it doesn't seem desired to figh other players
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy

well i think it is a good idea to put in PvP , i mean the whole thing about this game is conquest for ur country...

...putting PvP will adda hole new story and view to the game, not only will we be killing monsters for conquest but soldiers of other kingdoms....good idea, i just hope they have good filters.
    Now you realize where you are. The darkness has fully covered your body and mind. You are at the center of you dark soul.

im all for pvp but there are some rules that need to be in place.......

in any of these situations

group versus group only if both groups are from different nations..... and not in cities

single pvp
    challenge to duels... with the ability to block certain players challenge's (for example they can't challenge you if you're already ignoring them)

arena single pvp
    set areas that two players at a time can enter and fight with in an arena and have spectators........

scratch the last one that should just be for schd events say weekly or something for gladiator type championships
    with entry fees... and prizes

i dunno i began to ramble..... oh well

Originally posted by Krystic_WLA
    i mean the whole thing about this game is conquest for ur country...
    The whole point of the game is supposed to be the nations working together to defeat the beastmen. The conquest system is an indirect result of that (in character as least). From an in-character standpoint the logic should be "We need to join forces to save the world," not "I'm going to kill this guy so my shop will have better items."

Leighton

Once you guys reach Jueno you will understand the story more, but I'm not going to give it away. Just know this... I have been beta testing and there are already enough annoying things people do in the game... adding PvP is just going to create more issues. I do like duels and challenges, its just that it doesn't mesh very well with FFXI is all. There is so much else to do in the game that PvP will just waste time and slow down game progress and developement of a server (ei, building up the Auction Houses, learning guild trades, finishing qquests and missions, and of course leveling and conquesting. Trust me, you wouldn't miss PvP if it wasn't there.

PVP won't be in game till you reach over lvl 100 according to article with Square so no one can pick on newcomers in game. It will be available I believe for those over level 100 to start challenging each other.

But square says it must stick with story, so I think it will be story type thing. Maybe like a tournament.

Sorry stupid PVP system like Everquest, to keep game fair.

Grand Lethal meant game will be too hard to play and enjoy if you have to constantly watch your back against players as well as beast. GL is right PVP would not work if its just like free for all. GAme would suck big if like that!
    Game is good the way it is unless they make it so you can't just be attacked.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

Originally posted by SubMatrix
    The whole point of the game is supposed to be the nations working together to defeat the beastmen. The conquest system is an indirect result of that (in character as least). From an in-character standpoint the logic should be "We need to join forces to save the world," not "I'm going to kill this guy so my shop will have better items."

Leighton
    well wat i mean is that if PvP is introduced then the view of the story might change entirely, like the nation realize once the beawtmen are finish then they have the 3 nations that will proably fight over land...see wher inm going with this....just a thought thats all.
    Now you realize where you are. The darkness has fully covered your body and mind. You are at the center of you dark soul.

Ok, I see what you're saying. Personally I would like the focus to stay on the war against the beastmen, though I could see merit in a PvP environment. An in-game reason for the system wouldn't be that hard to come up with by way of Krystic's example. Influential members from all three kingdoms migth realize that when this war is over there will be a vieing for the land and decide to preempt the other nations efforts by means of sabatoge and assissination. I could see quests being devised by this means especially geared toward the less than scrupulous jobs (Dark Knight, Ninja, etc.).

I support an in-game reason for PvP beyond anything more than a duel/accept system (because that's just realistic). Any even that would force PvP on someone should have a plot to back it up and I would hope that this even would be only an aspect of the game and not the evolution of it.

Leighton

Sadly, i have never played the game. i was planning on going to a beta testing but never made it. i think the idea of having the PvP for characters at LV100 would be great, and yes, they should have scheduled tournaments, and no free for all. i really hate newbie hunters.....

p.s. i WILL be looking for you, Kireiblood.

Ok, this is just a rumor I heard and have nothing to support it.

I heard that PvP when introduced would be against a different world. Now whether that means putting us against different severs (since they are considered worlds) or like UO you will be able to gate to a different world on the same server, but I'm not really sure.

What have the rest of you heard rumors or other wise.

In all my experiences in PvP, the only system I have ever seen that works is currently employed in Anarchy Online. Lvl restrictions prevent players from destroying lowbies, suppression gas seperates zones creating very distict PvP areas and safe areas. Noone gets killed without first knowing well in advance what they're getting into as there is a 25-60 second grace period actively counted down on-screen, giving you ample time to step back and out of the zone before someone ganks you.

Personally, I don't want to see PvP in this game. I love the Conquest idea, it's the perfect relief from the constant cunumdrum of "So and so attacked such and such guild and everyone in range dropped everything and ran to the laggy scene!" FFXI's system, for all I've seen and heard (not a beta tester, though) is rock solid and, honestly, I believe PvP would reduce SOOO much of the stand-out originality that the FF franchise is so very well known for.

While arena fighting may be really cool... we could all bet Gil.... it may just also be fuel for the fire towards all out PvP zones. If Square ever officially polls it's playerbase I'll have to be going against this one...
    Last edited by Ichy; 10-12-2003 at 04:46 PM.

PVP can really hurt game if not done right. When I played Everquest beta is really sucked being attacked by other players within two days of playing.

EQ was not fun game due to bad graphics and watching back all the time from other players or enemies.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com