Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watch your backs PvP is coming to the game!

Default pvp

pvp will be good if there is an arena, ppl watching,and if u can choose to accept or decline your challenge and u cant get attacked out side of the city by other players only by them dam beasts

Isn't PvP on a seperate server? Or something like that... can't remember the full details. But, basically, it's a 'inverted' world where you can PvP.

Anyways, somebody clarify this, I know that there's information on it out there somewhere.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Actually there isn't information out there, only speculation. Square has publicly announced a "possible implementation" of PvP sometime early next year but gave no details. Unless you have a source that works for Square-Enix don't take anything said about PvP as more than an oppinion or speculation, there's nothing official at this time.

Leighton

you are very secure with you words or something....ill listen........for now
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy

inuyasha,i challenge you now. we can discuss technicalities of it in game. but the only way the fight shall occur is if you go on the Ragnorak server. ill see you then...if you make it

and yes,there is some what more info then you have provided about PvP. its going to be through the kingdoms or something. lol look it up on the site
    Evil is good

From PlayOnline.com
    Addition of PvP System Announced!

Between Jan. 2004 to March 2004: PvP in the form of fighting among nations (not PK style)

Details will be announced at a later date.
    This info was released 2 days ago, to my knowledge it is the only (public) official information at this time.

Leighton

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Okay, I haven't read everything, forgive me if I'm repeating anything. I'm good at that. xD

Anyway, if (or when) they go PVP, the ideal way to go would be to have it set as an option - each person can choose to be involved in PvP or not. And if they are, then they can make challenges which can be denied, as suggested earlier. That way all those who do want to fight others anytime, anywhere can just challenge someone, and those that don't want to can just hang around and do their thing without even having to bother with declining hundreds of challenges. You simply select an option and you become un-challengeable. Easy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Yeah, that would be a good thing Loony BoB. Also an Arena where they can have annual challenges, for prizes. It could be a big event! xD

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

thats how i originally thought the PvP would work for this game...dissapoints me that its not,but im sure whatever it is that square does,it will be a good decision
    Evil is good

Well my pc ranks with High resolution a 1770 and my high is a 2635. I was wondering if their was a way on how to raise my score?

also I have a card called Ge FORCE FX 5600 AGP 256 MB DDR

Is it the card or the Computer? (Pavilion 540n)
    " is it just me or is it getting hot in here"

Oh my im srry wrong thread Too worried about the problem i guess
    " is it just me or is it getting hot in here"

Yes PVP will be added to game sometime Jan/Feb 04 by way of country vs country.
    I guess the 3 countries will be at war with each other in certain points of game and players will fight for their country against other players from other warring country.

But you can't just attack anyone you like. Squaresoft is not dumb like Sony to make game stupid like Everquest. Everquest really stinked because you couldn't enjoy game always watching back from fellow players and NPC enemies.

So Square won't make game suck with PVP. But will put PVP in storyline of game and make it work.
    Summon PETS: FENRIR, IFRIT,RAMUH, SHIVA, GARUDA, LEVIATHAN, TITAN, CARBUNCLE
    ELEMENTALS: DARK, ICE, FIRE, THUNDER, EARTH, WIND, WATER AND LIGHT
    http://rom.gloriousff.com

that was only on PvP servers in EQ....