Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch your backs PvP is coming to the game!

Default Watch your backs PvP is coming to the game!

So is everyone as excited as I am about them adding PvP soon after the release.

Sephrios from a defferent forum stated:

"Hey all i got this information off of www.rpgfan.com and this what they had to say from an anoucenment from square."

Square Enix president Youichi Wada however also mentioned several future enhancements for Final Fantasy XI. Among them are a high-rank mission, new character motions and a player vs player mode. In December, the level cap will be raised from 70 to 75 and so-called reverse areas will be introduced. While those areas do not differ from existing ones in terms of their landscape, their atmosphere will be entirely different. During the meeting, a screenshot of a dark field covered with snow was shown as an example.

Only if its in an arena. I am against pvp.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

It was only a matter of time. Awhile back they said they wanted to find a reason (like a story reason) for PvP before they activated PvP. Maybe they will put it into the form of an arena. I'd love that a hellavalot, especially if they allow you to watch.
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

I have to say I’m for it. But I like the idea that UO, and think EQ uses on it’s none PvP servers, were some you can accept a challenge or decline it. No matter were you are.

Yeah, it be great if you could accept or decline a battle wherever you are. But they should also have an arena when once a month, or something like that, the top alliance or party would fight against the other leading nation for better equipment in that nation. They shoul also have tournaments and give prizes to that individual, the prizes could be a sufficient amount of gil or experience not to mention weapons, items, etc.
    "To the victor go the spoils"

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

Brought to you by Shuffle or Boogie

It's obvious what would be best....it would be best to have it so players must accept or decline challanges, except in certain areas where there is no law (certain places too overthrown by beast men) and those areas should have amazing iteams.

also they shoudl have a few servers that pvp is everywhere,

fighting tournaments are a must (for prizes of course)

pvp fights should not be only experienced by top nations that would be dumb....but it would be very nice if nations could go into war every now and then as events uncontrollable by the players (when they start that is)
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy

Originally posted by lionx
    Only if its in an arena. I am against pvp.
    LionX and I had a perfect idea of what would be best for this system, why don't you go ahead and tell them.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Right from the horses mouth:

The development team is currently working on further expanding the previoulsy mentioned "limbo" (with battles in town areas), and implementing a "PvP System...
    ...that will affect the conquest results between nations.
    These changes are scheduled to take place between January and March 2004.

I personal like that PvP will effect the conquest results between nations. What a great idea.
    Last edited by Valarm; 09-29-2003 at 11:25 PM.

Oh, well luckily I will be playing on Christmas day for the first time. That's when I will get my new computer, and I'll already have bought FFXI by then. So that means I still get to play without PvP implemented in the game, yay!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I think PvP would really make the conquest mode more interesting, and the Tournaments would be awesome.

agreed....just dont dare challange KIREIBLOOD !!
    ...be happy

Is that a challenge, KireiBlood? ohhhhhh, when i get FF XI, i'm gonna hunt you down!! beware of TOGI BAGUSHKI!!! HAHAHAHAHA

lol

Beauty....Blood, ill still ur life and vanish
    ...be happy

You see, this would be great with an arena. So as friends we can challenge each other.

im all for fight ing other players but i think there should be another little perk to it. if yo kill some one you should be able to take their items and leave them there with only their weapon. i really dont care how they set it up and if it can happen anytime anywhere that only makes it better. an arena sounds good. maybe gladiatorial matches every week. but personally i dont think its gona work to well if people are challengeing or being challenged by a party. how do you deal with a 6 on 2??
    "In the end there can be only one...