Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who the hell needs blue magic?

Default Who the hell needs blue magic?

I used to be a huge blue magic cat... then I realized I don't need it. All the spells are useless, save a choice few:

Lv. 5 Doom - Good for beating a few choice bosses, but they're easy to beat in themselves. I doubt anyone had any trouble with Adaman T., and LVD only kills the launchers of the Sol Cannon, who can be beaten with just a few simple bolttechs or a couple of target-all bolt spells.

Aqua Rake - Okay, I admit, I even got this to beat the Sand worm. But, like above, he can be beaten with nominal struggle the good ol' fashioned way.

Blowfish - Damn, ifn't it a nice spell. But, lets not forget, by the time you actually get it, 1000 damage isn't ALL that hard to come by. And let's not forget, GP Rain does far more than 1000 damage to ALL baddies, costs no MP, and the fighting you do to make the gold will net you some collateral experience.

Big Gaurd - Hard as hell to get, and, while it is helpful, it isn't that helpful. By the time you get it, Safe and Shell, and that other one, are kinda useless, in a sense.

Aero Spells - Okay, these ones are helpful, easy to get, and powerful. Worth it, I'd say. But I'm not wasting my precious time/battle slots just to get a beefed up Black Magic spell.

I only wished I hadn't wasted so much time learning Learning - time that could've been spent learning Black, White, or Time magic, or even summons.

Archer! Now there's a class. Strong, fast, precise, elemental bows do TEN times the damage of elemental rods, and you get to use X-Fight. I'd pass up blue magic for that anyday.
    I SHALL BUILD A MONUMENT TO NON-EXISTANCE.

First of all FF5 strong point is definitively not the Oh SO GOOD and old Blue Magic, just that, they didnt made the blue magic strong, but in all the ways u go on ur life u will realize that Blue Magic is not that Strong as some ultimate Black magic that are very handy, and the ultimate healing spell (aleluia) but, i would say that blue magic is more like a " in the middle of the game magic", if u ever noticed that Blue magic in all FF's is very good to use on the middle of the game, and most in the end it's just for fun, plus, blue magic is my favourite and it will always be.....so funny and cute....just the almighty Odin summon to take the Blue magic place and oh, almost forgot it, Mimic is the best, second comes Sumonner( they summon Odin muahahahahahahhahahahahaahah, ok enough).
    Veni Vidi Vici

Almighty Soninho- Brasil Top 5 Age of Mythology, Top 10 in the world in the year 2000 on Age of Kings
    Destemidos Guerreiros do Sul Forever, best AOM-AOK clan in Brasil.

White Wind is far more effective than Cure2 when it come to healing. Float helps alot when you fight Titan before heading to (SPOILER)Galuf's World. And in my style of play, Big Guard is godsent.

Some Blue Magic is totally worthless, like Goblin Punch or ????, but I like getting them anyway. Just having them makes the game..... complete.

here is the ones i found useful

aero spells:whenever u get them u'll need them.Not quite as good as some blackmagic spells but it is wind elemental and if i aint wrong atleast some monsters are weak against wind

white wind:useful until the very end of game when often ur blue mage will get so much damage whit wind wont do anything.However it can still be useful then if ur blue mage doesnt get hit

big guard:useful from when u get it to the end.Say what you want but 2 times less damage almagest IS a plus,haste with it IS a plus.It only is bad when u try to get it,then it is a real pain in the a**

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like blue magic in other ff games, but I never really even messed with it in ff5. In general, the fighting is cooler than the magic in ff5.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I thought all of FF5's abilities were pretty well balanced, including the Blue Magic. There are some great Blue Magic spells in the game. Aqua Rake is excellent against heavily armored sand enemies, and I like using it along with Ice 2/3 in the desert where the Phoenix Tower is (I like to level up in that desert). Level 5 Death is great against some enemies, like Archeo Avis in the Lonka Ruins. I really hate that boss, and its first form is extremely hard already due to its ability to change its weak point, but its second form can really hurt the party unless I take the cheap way out and use Level 5 Death. L5D is also great against the statues in Bal Castle basement because it instantly kills them, and they give me a good amount of EXP. Aero spells are okay, although I didn't use them that much.

IMHO, Big Guard is one of the best defensive spell in the game, 2nd only to the Cure spells. It gives everyone Safe, Shell and Haste, and it's really a life-saver during the harder battles later in the game. Exdeath also becomes a lot easier with Big Guard because his damaging spells, such as Algamest and Meteo, only do 50% damage. Float's also good against earthquake attacks.

Blow Fish is a great spell early in the game. I try to get it in Lonka Ruins. At that time, my normal attacks usually do about 500 damage, so doing 1000 damage is great. BF also ignores all defences, so it's the only thing in my arsenal that can kill those annoying grey squirrels (Skull Eaters, I think) in the ruins of Jacole in World 1. As for White Wind, it's a great healing spell, especially if the caster has a lot of HP.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

At times Blue Magic is useful. Remember that many of the classes in FF5 were intended for variety.

I always have a Blue Mage. Overkilling the Sandworm five times over is breezy, but fun - you have to fight the Dohlm Chimera first anyway, and that one's as good as a boss, so what does it matter. The Aero spells, Level 5 Death...

And White Wind, one of my Final Fantasy Favourites. The brilliance of this attack is unmatched.
    Signatures are for wimps?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Blue Magic is useful because you get a variety of magic types in one ability.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Hmm, yes, that's a good point. It sure beats Red Magic.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Red magic has its place, too. I found it incredibly useful on the fire ship - in fact, for the fight with Liquid Flame I always make everyone a Red Mage, so they can all cast Ice2, Life, and Cure2. Also, Red Mages are the first step to attaining the ungodly !X-Magic, which is essential for my patented Sublimely Magnificent Quinta-Bahamut Mark III.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

You never explained how that one worked.

i never use magic, the closest thing i use to magic is Espers but i still dont use those much either

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Umm... Espers are in FFVI...

Marble: Maybe some day soon.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

oh yeah! sorry about that!