Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did anyone else like Cecil better as a Dark Knight?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I like the character design and the way Cecil plays a lot better than the Dark Knight. I still have no idea why everyone is obsessed with Dark Knight Cecil.

chaotic neutral

There's a thread like this every other month. Weird.

Dark Knight Cecil looked almost exactly like Kain. That's already a reason not to like him. And he dealt one (1) HP damage to undead monsters. I can't think of anything to say in his favour. All right, so he wears dark armour, just like Edmund Blackadder. But that's the only good thing about him.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

reason to like him as a darknut ? easy... when he gets his final dark sword (not the last sword a darknut can equip, but his last 'black' sword).... enemies he hits that still have hitpoints remaining auto-swoon (ie: those big blue birds around mysidia). gotta love one hit kills constantly

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but that is the only time in the game it is useful. Anything past that point just doesn't work.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unfie
    those big blue birds around mysidia
    You mean Zuu? Or am I thinking of the wrong monster again?

You know, I just realized something that makes this comparison unfair... Paladin Cecil is more experienced than DK Cecil because no matter how much time you've had him as a DK for, the change happens and then he's a paladin for the rest of the game. It's entirely possible that if Cecil had remained a DK, he would have gotten new abilities, ones that put white magic to shame.........

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You can level up DK Cecil to 99, and he still doesnt get any new abilities.

Default Re:

"What it looks like, I care not. I just know it kills a lot."
    --Gwar, Crack in the Egg

It's a video game. I don't think sensitive role-playing or worrying about how your character looks is a deciding factor in the sort of character you wish to play, considering you don't have a very wide array of dialogue options in Final Fantasy 2. (Anyone who calls it Final Fantasy 4 is a wasian and a poser. Yeah, I said it.)

That being said, the Paladin is the Correct Choice. If a species cannot adapt, it is wiped out. If Cecil can't stop being such a baby-eating mutant, you will never beat the game, and you will be tried and sentenced to a lifetime of walking around in a big square fighting monsters or until the game runs out of them. Then you could never get a job and you'd have to steal and you'd be nothin but a bum. So Paladin > Dork Knight

And I'm doing you a favor by telling you RIGHT NOW that pink is a viril color.
    Last edited by Boromakus; 04-11-2004 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Emotes are weak.

Well, Final Fantasy 4 is it's real name, so if someone calls it FF4, they're actually being factual, because FF2 is a seperate video game.

I liked Paladin Cecil much better than the Dark Paladin. For one thing, he has white magic spells, actually looks humane, and can weild spells. About the only thing I don't like about Paladin Cecil is that he starts back at LV 1 after the (SPOILER)"redemption"

Who's That?

He starts at level 1, yeah, but you gain, like, 3 levels in the first battle after that, and you end up around level 6, or 9, or somethin', by the time you get down the freakin' mountain. Not to mention that he's got more HP as a level 1 Paladin than he did all the time I had him as a Dark Knight.

Heh, "wasian". Never heard that before, but it does fit.
    Last edited by Rei; 04-11-2004 at 10:25 PM.

People who call the game "Final Fantasy IV" are doing so because the most recent time it was released, it was actually called Final Fantasy IV.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Rei
    He starts at level 1, yeah, but you gain, like, 3 levels in the first battle after that, and you end up around level 6, or 9, or somethin', by the time you get down the freakin' mountain. Not to mention that he's got more HP as a level 1 Paladin than he did all the time I had him as a Dark Knight.
    ....Even so, It bugs me.

Cecil is cooler when he is in his Dark Knight "form".

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    You can level up DK Cecil to 99, and he still doesnt get any new abilities.
    Not quite my point, but okay, also valid. My point was more "hey, there might be more cool DK abilities out there than Cecil can recieve because he was supposed to become a Paladin and therefore may not have gotten to master his Dark Knightiness". Just more random theory on my part. Remember, I'm the one who thought (SPOILER) Ultimecia summoned Griever off of Squall's ring the way Diabolos is in the magic lamp.

And yes, it is called FFIV now. Square released it in the USA as FFIV. Also, you can't properly call someone like me a wasian. I have been properly identified as a spiggot before, and I challenge you to figure that one out

spiggot = (SPOILER)spic+faggot? Just a random guess.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)