Thread: More XP Problems

Default More XP Problems

I have a new Platinum version of FF7 and have installed the XP patch but it still will not run. When I try to start the program it asks for the Disk to be inserted. The disk is already inserted and when I click Okay nothing happens and the game does not run. This sounds to me like a more fundamental problem or perhaps there are other patches that I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Default XP solution

I found the solution. Here is the text from the Eidos support page:

This problem is specific to the Platinum Series version of the game. The Platinum Series version of Final Fantasy VII has the disks labeled: Disk 1, Disk 2, Disk 3 and Disk 4.

Disk 1 is the Installation disk and cannot be used to start the game; you need to use Disc 2 instead. After the installation of the game is complete and you are prompted to insert Disc 1, you must insert disk number 2 into your CD-drive. From here click OK; or re-launch the game from the Start menu of Windows by going to the Final Fantasy VII listing under Start>Programs>Final Fantasy VII.

Yrkoon

there is another reason why that error might occur if u have more than 1 cd-drive on ur computer u will need to put the game disc in the same drive you used the install disc in. if you dont it will say the same error.

the reason/problem i said happened to me :P

Í had that issue once with FF8 PC (two CD-ROM drives, yay). I just said 'To hell with it!' and fixed the registry. An' now I'm a little annoyed at Square. Storing drive-specs in the registry... Sheesh! Just about every other game I've played either stores it in a .cfg or similar or just seeks out the disc, no matter what drive it's in!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.