Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HMMMMM

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Originally posted by Nakor TheBlue Rider
    Hey TheAbominatrix I really Liked it when you Miss Quoted me as saying "OMFG u guys r so selfish!" You even put quotes around it and everything......Even though I never said that.
    Gee, is your name people? No, it isnt. Your name is Nakor. People in general say these things. Might wanna pay attention, there.

Yes I do think its selfish to ask for every FF to be a solo play game. Its also selfish to ask for every one from now on to be On-line or Multi-Player. Why? Because then people who dont like those games get Screwed.

I am just saying...If you dont like one FF don't bother wishing it had solo or complaining that it wasn't designed to please you. As long as enough People buy it to make it Profitable (Which Has already Happened In Japan) then it was a good thing for Square to do.

Theres like 3 or 4 FF's I didn't Like.....But i Don't wish they were never made or that they were differnt just so that I would like them because then other people would not have liked them.

Get the point.
    Yes, because we're having adult discussions on how a game could be better, we're being selfish and rude.

The boards are here to dicuss things like this, as adults. For me to dislike something is not selfish, it's normal. For me to force other people to not like it/not pay it is selfish.

Well one reason I can think of for there to be less jerks in FFXI is because they got GM's of Square, and Square actually does a good job unlike gravity or sony who just want money and screw their games over not doign a thing with jerks. In FFXI currently, the GM's go around and wanr and have gone so far as to ban accounts of cheaters or just overall jerks who have been warned to stop.

I cant afford to buy a cable line for the game,
    Just so you know FFXI runs smoothly on a 56k dial up connection. I believe Lionx is playing the beta on it perfectly (not positive though) Either way though I know lot's of other people that play on dial up and they say they hardly get lag ever. So just don't think since it's online means you have to have cable, it's only for the games where the servers are crap and the programmers are lazy.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Oh really? Well that's neat then. Now I may acctually consider buying it since I dont need a lot of 'new' stuff. Cool, thanks for that.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Sudden Square and the whole on-line thing doesn't seem so bad eh?

P.S. NO ONE else mentioned anything about you being greedy.....I am the only "People" who said anything like that.......So I am "People" Arent I?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Would you please try and be a little less mean? It's a game.

Did I not say that one of the reasons I wasnt playing was because I couldnt afford cable and monthly fees? The fact that it runs smoothly on dial up is a definite plus. See, when you arent blindly loving/hating something, you can recognize ups and downs. It's nice.

P.S. Yes, because there arent 10,000 frothing at the mouth fans yelling the same thing. You arent that important to me, kiddo. Sorry.

When it comes down to it, it's either you like MMORPG's or you don't. If you don't, have no fear, FFX-2 and FFXII won't take long to come out.

Personaly, from what I have seen and heard from friends in the beta, this game looks great! The fees aren't much at all for me seeing as I have a part time job now.

You can't really judge it before you try it, that's what I always say. I mean if you still can't afford the game (the game itself, monthly fees, the PS2 HDD, or you've got a crappy computer) then of coarse you can't really try it, but that's no reason to diss the whole game all together. BTW. I'm not pointing this at anyone, just a generalisation.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Oh yeah, I'm definitly not dissing it. MMORPGs are good, for a while at least, but for all I know this could be the most incredible game ever made. It's just the extra stuff that's a major turn off, and even if I wanted it more than anything, I couldnt afford it, to be able to afford it I'd have to work, and with work I wouldnt have enough time to play! Darn.

You bring a valid point Abominatrix. If it wern't for my dad being able to get me a new computer, I wouldn't be able to play it either.

Even if you're getting the PS2 version, you still need to get the network adapter, a keyboard (don't NEED it but it helps) and the HDD (which I heard comes with the game).

But yeah, may as well give it a try. I'm just sick of people really dissing games when they've only seen a few pictures and heard a little about it; pure and utter ignorance is what I say.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, and with regular games... you can take your time with them. If a game sits on the shelf for a year, you arent losing any money by not playing it. With an MMORPG, you have to make sure you have the time to dedicate to it. And with money, I have to worry about insurance payments, gas, food, and luxuries, tack on monthly payments for XI, and I dont have the money, and with my social life, job, and school when I start, I dont have the time.

I'll definitly play it if any of my friends get it, ya know go over there and play. If only to see if it lives up to the hype.

Originally posted by Omecle
    or you don't. If you don't, have no fear, FFX-2 and FFXII won't take long to come out.
    hmm well ff12 isnt coming out for a few years so i wouldnt join the waiting list just yet, and it bugs me how everyone moans about montly fees, no one likes them but they are nesscery and not many MMORPG dont have them or how else will they do story and server updates and maintance beacuse thats a problem with mmorpg it isnt a short development period, its always being devolped to keep people intrested and as i said beofre at least you have a choice between ff10-2 or ff11.

I am fairly sure that FFxi will be aroudn for a while .... i mean can anyone tell me how long everquest(crack...) was around for?

This game obviously looks better, from the start it has many people interested just because its FF (even though some are against online). It has all those things like jobs and chocobos, crystal, airships from the ffs over the years that people love, but now they will finaly have soo much more control over it all. in a way its like living ff.

i dont know much about everquest ( i avoided it..mainly because it looked funny), but this game seems to have a hand up (if thats the phrase) on it, an di think once people try it they'll love it.

plus if u need a new pc just to play......that probably means within the short term future u were gonan upgrade or geta new one anyways (at least thats how ALL of the peopel i know are) so doing so wouldn't be jsut to play the game, so don't think of the money u spen don the pc as jsut for the game
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy

kireiblood you explained my view so well i cant possably add anything and i totally agree.

yayyyy for kireiblood!

love it...beautiful people here...is ther eany news of live cameras or ghosting if u dont feel liek playign at the moment but want to watch?
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy

About the 56K thing he is correct, its near perfect. Not alot of probs cept for 56K ping timeouts which are the ISP's fault.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

hmm well ff12 isnt coming out for a few years
    I'm going off topic for a second, but Square is just about the release info on the game I believe this month. And I believe it is a March 2004 release in Japan, so we'll get it late next year I'ld expect. So it actually will be out soon.
    This space intentionally left blank.