Thread: Have you ever had this felling before?

Unhappy Have you ever had this felling before?

After a few monthes of playing FFI,II,V,VI, and FFIV for the PSX, I miss playing VII,VIII,IX, and X. The 3D ones differ alot from the 2D ones. I miss the look and feel of the 3D games[if you know what I mean].Have you ever had this feeling before?

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

No, for me it's the other way around. When I play the 3D games for too long I miss the 2D ones. That's not counting FFT, though. I always end up missing that one. =o

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Graphics aren't the most important thing to me but I admit when I started playing FFVI immediately after finishing FFX I did miss the graphics and voices and pretty landscapes and stuff ^^

I think it depends in a way which you played first. For example if you played the old FF's from a young age then they will probably mean more to you than the newer FF's. Like me and Monkey Island I always played the old 2d ones and can't stand the look of the 3d ones.

But I never grew up playing the old FFs and started with VII followed by IX, then X and I think it's a bit hard, for me anyway to go from that to playing the old ones. Just takes a bit of getting used to!
    I wouldn't say I'm a graphics whore or whatever you guys call it but I will admit that I missed the graphics of FFX somewhat when jumping back to FFVI. But like I said with MI, you can't beat the old style graphics because they make the game what it is to me.

I think it just depends on what the game means to you and what you've become used to.
    rawr

i miss ff8&ff7

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

Well, I always miss FF6... But it's not because of the graphics...

I was playing FF9 some months ago, and I did miss FF6 for it's history and characters, not for the graphics. Of couse I like beautiful graphics, but it's not what I look for in a RPG.

And Xander is right about Monkey Island... Guybrush is a short and pixelized guy, I just couldn't see him in 3D graphics. Yeah...

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

The mokey islands were funny in 2d or 3d. Gees they have to be the funniest games ever!

"Can i call you BoB?"
    "No! You may call me Murray something some thing something"

Funny days

The only real problem I had going back from 10-9 to 7 was figuring out what you could walk on and what you couldn't. Climbing the wire drove me nuts for that reason. Does that make me a grafics whore?
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    you're Auron. smart, experienced, and knowledgable.
    the rest of the gang can always count on you
    for advice. but its strange how you managed to
    stay alive after so many years of being dead..
    ;P

<br

I agree with Xander. After growing up with the 2D FFs, I'm not thrilled about the 3D titles. I'll take 2D anyday if it means a better quality game. The workload required to make good 3D graphics is too much, and the rest of the game suffers as a result. Games are now built around graphics, not the other way around. Younger gamers are used to that style.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Default Re: Have you ever had this felling before?

Originally posted by final boss
    After a few monthes of playing FFI,II,V,VI, and FFIV for the PSX, I miss playing VII,VIII,IX, and X. The 3D ones differ alot from the 2D ones. I miss the look and feel of the 3D games[if you know what I mean].Have you ever had this feeling before?
    No.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

2D owns 3D.

That's all I have to say.

As a person who grew up with the 2d titles I must say that the 3d games are just as good as the 2d ones and fit in just fine. Each one of the newer games had something that made it unique thus making it important and enjoyable. I mean sure I'll take FF4/FF6 over FF7/8 any day, but that does not I think less of them. They will always hold a place in my heart.

I always liked the 2D ones much better, they seem more mystic, the 3D ones have too much sci-fi and robots in them, except ff9
    *Ultima_Paladin*

Blog Entries

At least you guys can replay the games you miss. I only got to finish FFVII a few times before disc 1 got destroyed. FFVIII lasted ages but every battle in disc 3 freezes the game. I lost FFIX...all four discs. I lent FFX to someone but I forgot who...

So recently all I've played are the old-school FFs. *sigh* I miss FF8...

Goofball

Geez...you seem to have all the luck. I mostly miss the 2-Ds. 4 and 6 are to me the "real" final fantasies. In fact, ff7 is the only one I like of the 3-Ds.
    Is that so...