Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Attack while its tails up!"

you obviously do not attack it while friggin tails up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tony murray

i always attacked it while its tail was up and i manage to survive the battle (by sacrificing a few potions). but anyway, overall, by taking more damage and all, you learn your limit breaks faster!
    i had a friend who was playing a new game once, and when the scorpion raised its tail, he had cloud attack and it countered with tail laser. Then he wanted to heal, so on barret's turn he pulled out a potion. he wanted to heal cloud, so he pressed Left and confirmed with O button. BUT, the cursor went to the scorpion and he used the damn potion on the scorpion instead of cloud! :P
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Blog Entries

Tail's up. What did that text at the top just say? Oh well. Braver mutha-fugga!~ Hey it's dead.

Originally posted by Al Bhed³
    Tail's up. What did that text at the top just say? Oh well. Braver mutha-fugga!~ Hey it's dead.
    actually Al Bhed^3, when it raises its tail, its defense doubles or something cuz then Braver only deals about 50-60 damage, so it can't possibly be dead right there.

oh, and...i play Magic, too.
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Meat-Free

It can raise its tail multiple times if you take a long while to kill it.
    From the slaughterhouses to the labs, ALL MUST BURN!

Damn, THATS why!! *hits head* I sooo can't read- I thought he said you were to attack when its tail was up. Hohoho.....I see now... *goes to die* Yes, I was fooled. Fooled fooled fooled........ I think it was either a bad translation or was put there to fool you. Like it fooled me. *dies* :mog:

Always look on the bright side of life! *whistles and dances*

this translation are sick

"What I have shown you, that is the truth. What you thought you knew? That is the illusion." - Sephiroth

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

never had this problem, always just kicked his a$$, and used some potions

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

Blog Entries

this translation are sick
    Mwahahaha

Currys- always cutting prices! *snip*
    Darn Linda Barker, I swear she's gonna make it famous in the US next

Back on topic, clearly one of the more daft translations. Some get it, some don't. Being about 15 when FF7 was released, I actually adopted some of the FF7 language/translation, which it turned out nobody else understood... so it was a bad influence O_o

Let's not forget the '....xeno....gias'.

Anyways, the first time I played FFVII was at a friend's house, and she told me not to attack while its tail was up...after a brief moment of confusion, I followed her advice. Didn't take too long to win after that.

Then again, that fight isn't too hard, so...

'Off course' made me laugh pretty hard when I noticed it. I suppose Cloud believes the announcer to have misnavigated his thoughts in suggesting he quit the battle arena.

Ah well, despite the occasional misspellings, FFVII was translated pretty well in my opinion. If you can read Japanese and have access to the Japanese version of the game, you'll find they're pretty similar. Though there's no way to translate Sephiroth switching from 'Omae' when in SOLDIER to 'Watashi' in the present....
    The Hoho Conspiracy: An Alternate Universe Tale of Final Fantasy VII.
    Visit me at:
    http://www.geocities.com/the_hoho_conspiracy/

don't tease the octopus Nimrook's Avatar

The battle arena's doubly screwed in fact, because not only is there "Off course", but the alternate option is "No, way!"

And I put in my commands to attack with BOTH CHARACTERS after Clou said "attack while its tail's up!", and then it counterattacked twice. Luckily I'd healed just before and so didn't actually die in that battle at all.

Hmmmmm..... so that's how you'll fool them....

"No, way"

There is an explanation! I believe Cloud felt the need to be macho to intimidate all the monsters and the girls watching him fight said monsters, so he thought that dropping off words so as to make his sentences undertandable would be the best way to do it.

You can blame it either on the lack of brains or surplus of spikes.

(Just kidding)
    The Hoho Conspiracy: An Alternate Universe Tale of Final Fantasy VII.
    Visit me at:
    http://www.geocities.com/the_hoho_conspiracy/

Gah, I remember that. First time I played, I attacked it and got killed. xD Stupid translators.

Yes it happens to me, but I have ripped him a new one many a times...lol

Check out the clones!
    (I call the third one Skippy!)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Originally posted by The Man
    I'm all in all glad Square translated FFVII themselves rather than hiring outside translators; they probably wouldn't have captured the depth of the story nearly as well.
    I thought Sony did the translation.

I actually had problems understanding what was going on through the whole game. Just the way things were worded.... Too awkward....