Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unexplained things in FFIV

Default Unexplained things in FFIV

Okay, basically answer any Q's ya can and post any ya have. And yes, there are probably SPOILERS!
    For example: What is with Golbezs' HP? The battle versus Tellah it's more that 10,000, the battle in Dwarf Castle it's 2000 - 2500 and on the moon it's something else.
    Also, what's with Cecil's hair? In the Status Portrait and the "Official Squaresoft Drawing" it's white. But on the World Map and in battle it's purple. That's a big difference.
    Last edited by Rase; 10-15-2003 at 11:30 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The only unexplained thing in FFIV that bothers me it the Tower of Zot.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

That has always bothered me as well, why it's there and never explained.

Another thing i didn't like was Kain's background with Rosa was slightly fuzzy, but it is fun to make your own story.

Cecil's mother is NEVER mentioned

It would have been cool to be given a glimpse of Klu Ya

I think they should make a sequel beginning when the Lunarians wake up.

Ah, I guess that Kain only had a crush on Rosa, but they have no past history... It was clear, I guess... They were just friends.

But they should explain betteer Cecil's past and the Lunarian's history, too...

And one other thing... When you're in the land of summoned monsters, you can see that there's another floor, with 4 chests in it... There's a way to get it? Cuz I remember I lost a few hours of my life trying to find a way to get it, but I never could....

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, I dont think there was much between Kain and Rosa.

But yes, you can get to those chests. On the first floor of the little 'town', there's a shadowed part that looks different from the rest. Step in it, and there you go. If you cant find it, just walk in all the shadows.

I LOVE YOU!

I'll try it... I don't care if I have to play the whole game once again (it'll be a pleasure), but I have to get...

EDIT - I had a save state, and I jut found it... It was in my face, I guess it was the only spot I missed, I can't believe it... Thank you.
    Last edited by Outsider; 10-16-2003 at 09:35 AM.

I've seen the future, brother. It is murder.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Cain and Rosa apparently did have a romantic past, actually, before she got with Cecil. Naturally, these kind of inner demons were just the sort that made it easy for Cain to be mind-controlled. It's all explained in some supplementary literature. The Man could tell you all about it.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I didnt see anything implied to that extent, maybe I'm just missing it. The way I see it, it's always been this sort of 'unrequited love' on Kain's part. But oh well.

Anyway, no problem Outsider. That's always a pain for me to find, too.

thanks a lot...

i always wanted to get those chests...

I always thought that Cain and Rosa had a sorta Lancelot and Guienever (leave me alone about that name) thing going. Cecil was a man's man. He wielded the light, he was a Paladin, King's favorite, used swords. Rosa loved Cecil but secretly had a thing for Cain. Cain was always second man to Cecil, and IMO thats why Zemus could control him.

For example: What is with Golbezs' HP? The battle versus Tellah it's more that 10,000, the battle in Dwarf Castle it's 2000 - 2500
    well, it probably had something to do with the fact that Meteo is the ultimate destructive black magic, a legend that was supposed to remained sealed away in Mt. Ordeals forever. Getting blasted with it probably took alot out of Golbeze, and when he challenged the light warriors, he still hadn't recovered.

Also, what's with Cecil's hair? In the Status Portrait and the "Official Squaresoft Drawing" it's white. But on the World Map and in battle it's purple
    artistic liscense.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

There's only one mystery that I don't know about in FF4. Is there any point to the "Smut" that you find in the Developer's Room? Will it do anything different if you..."use" it...in a specific place, or at a specific time?

I do really like the idea of a Developer's Room, though, that was pretty cool.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Nope, the smut is just one of those useless items that are fun to get. That would be awesome if you could use it somewhere, though.

About Golbez's HP, I think it's lower in the crystal room so it's possible to win. It'd be impossible to beat him if he had 10000 HP

a good unexplained ti'hing was(for me)

Did Edge and Rydia get together?

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

Good point. I would imagine so, but then you got Edge&Rydia and Cecil&Rosa, so who would Kain be with? Maybe he goes back to Mysidia and finds Palom or something.