Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Time travel and the R=U theories (MASSIVE FRICKEN SPOILER WARNING)

Quote Originally Posted by HanaKirei
    Because she's not killed, she's knocked out. After awhile if you leave a character knocked out they might dissolve, but it says they dissapear into the time compression and then they come back later just fine when Ulty's defeated, right? Or something close to that? X.x;;
    Besides that wouldnt fit the storyline and game over would pop up anyway, if it doesnt fit the stroyline your dead, other FF have done that before as well, something realy WOULDNT mean the end but it does because it doesnt fit the story, cant remember an exact occurance though....

but it happens whenever you do something that doesnt fit the plot at that time and it would reveal a spoiler if it actualy let you get away with it...i think

And if 1 person understands this post i have done my duety

Blog Entries

Angry Bad Sorceress!

Well I've always thought that Ultimecia was the bad sorceress and she wanted to take over the world by possessing other sorceresses and Rinoa was a sorceress just like Adel.

So Ultimecia only wanted to possess Rinoa (but she is in her mind and so with that she can control her body!) to free Adel, to possess Adel and then kill the SeeDs to have the free way to take over the world!

About Elone for me it's not very acceptable that she is daughter of Rain or LAguna, 'coz I've always had this theory:

'Laguna liked Rain, right? So he gave her a ring, you see it at the end! But she had a sun, Squall. (Remember when Kiros/Laguna said at the Ragnorak that, he was like her mother. So I don't think that (although there isn't any prove) Elone and Squall have just a very strong affect for each other just because they were at the orphanage and he just saw her as a model, as a sister.'

MAybe this will sound horrible but this is in what I believe.

Hey peoples! Ok...read all ya posts, now can you help me out here about. Is Ultimecia a offspring/great offspring etc of squall and rinoa? Seeing Rinoa is a sorceress...would that mean...because ultimecia is offspring/great offspring etc of squall and rinoa...yet ultimecia is from the future who possessed edea, who gave her sorceress powers to Rinoa...and then squall and rinoa go to ultimecias time to kill ultimecia whom is there offspring/great offspring?
    So it's like one HUGE giant circle! Ultimecia possess people in the past to achieve time compression..but for what reason?
    She "makes" rinoa a sorceress by squall and co defeating edea and edea passing on her powers. Ultimecia is a offspring/great offspring etc of squall and rinoa, which means...Ultimecia..made Rinoa a sorceress when ultimecia is offspring/great offspring etc of squall and rinoa, which means squall and rinoa "created ultimecia".

So if you can understand that...am I right? And does any of that make ANY sense :P

PS does that mean...like squall and rinoa have kids an get married Nice thought AWWW sweet as!!!

So in actaul fact Squall and Rinoa and co have to go to the future to kill there great offspring ultimecia, so she cannot make possess people in Squall and co. time.

And the reason Ultimecia goes back to Squall time is because she knows Ellone exsists in that time. Sorry I forgot what Ellone can do oops :P
    But yea..so I guess thats the whole reason for going to that time and possessing SPOILER! Edea, Adel and Rinoa, to find Ellone and oh! Achieve time compression.

And no one can die or vanish at the end, coz if Ultimecia is Squall and Rinoas great offsoring in the future, no one can die...coz then if they do Squall and Rinoa could never have kids!

Edit by Yamaneko: Please don't double, triple, quadruple post. Use the edit/delete button to edit your posts.

Lol rusty why did you make 4 posts?

Because I kept on thinking of stuff after i posted! Anyways what do you guys think of my theory? Anyways I am going to post my theory in a new post!

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by TasteyPies
    If the life spell doesnt give life then isnt that kind of a stupid name for the spell?
    Well I didnt name it. They chose to name it that, for one reason or another. If the spell gave life, a lot of important FF characters would still be alive. It does not ever bring anyone back to life. Even if you look at someone's status after they've been downed in battle, it never says 'dead'. It says 'K.O.' or 'swooned' or whatever.

Think about it in terms of Street Fighter. If you beat the living crap out of someone, they lose all their health points and fall to the ground. But they're still there for the rematch and it still says 'K.O.' in big bold letters. Knock out, not death.

And I wont even touch the rest of the posts.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I need to dig through the staff forum and find that no R=U threads rule that I'm sure is in there somewhere. And once I do *shakes fist*

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Well I didnt name it. They chose to name it that, for one reason or another. If the spell gave life, a lot of important FF characters would still be alive. It does not ever bring anyone back to life. Even if you look at someone's status after they've been downed in battle, it never says 'dead'. It says 'K.O.' or 'swooned' or whatever.

Think about it in terms of Street Fighter. If you beat the living crap out of someone, they lose all their health points and fall to the ground. But they're still there for the rematch and it still says 'K.O.' in big bold letters. Knock out, not death.

And I wont even touch the rest of the posts.
    Hmmm... that reminds me, I have a theory on that sort of stuff *runs off to GFF*
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Doomed Otaku of the void aeris2001x2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAsh
    aeris2001x2 have you read the theory? Rinoa doesn't recognise herself because she loses her mind, I personally think the magic has this effect after a while, hence Adel and Ultimecia. This is backed up by Edea's talk about knights and so on.

TheAbominatrix it might be worth pointing out thats not an FFVIII spoiler tagged in your post.
    i,ve read it enough to drive me insane. a genuine question, is there proof that ultimecia loses her mind? is that all the theory is based on? we dont really know if the magic drives them insane. wasnt there a mention of sum good sorceress's? my memory on ff8 is hazy being over 3 years ago since i last touched it.

but the only revelatory stuff i remember reading is proof that ellone is raine(sp) and her previous lovers child and squall is laguna and raines child, nothing to do with ultimecia background. could u please let me know which disc and where this evidence exists cause i WOULD LOVE 2 believe this theory but...

also do u really think the writers know? i mean didnt the writers write ff8's story in a few seconds during breakfast? i really dont think ff8 story is that developed.
    Last edited by aeris2001x2; 04-16-2004 at 10:49 PM.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster
    "...Shut up. The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean
    a thing. Aeris is gone. Aeris will no longer talk, no longer laugh,
    cry...... or get angry...... What about us...... what are WE supposed
    to do? What about my pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My
    eyes are burning!" Cloud- FF7

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I personally don't care if the writers know, they might, but we can't really know.

The evidence of sorceresses losing their minds (or turning evil at least), is a scene where Edea talks to Rinoa about her new powers. I can't remember if it's a bonus scene or not. Anyway she talks about sorceresses without a knight turning evil, and says she doesn't think Ultimecia has one (and neither does Adel). Edea had Cid, and Squall is supposed to be Rinoa's.

I'm almost certain Ellone isn't Raine's daughter. I've never seen it that relevant though apart from it making her Squall's half-sister if she were so I haven't looked into it much.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

There've been a lot of threads arguing the Ellone point... and if I need to I'll go dig one up. Ellone is not Raine's child. Ellone's parents died during the war, and Raine and Laguna take care of her. She calls them by their first names and Laguna even 'talks' to a picture of her parents, who are dead. "Ellone's mom and dad, Ellone has been a very good girl today."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Obviously Laguna is crazy and he is talking to himself.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

so rinoa has squall hence, she wont turn bad!

its so funny, i also diss this games story, but i still luv them.
    " Redeem me into childhood. Show me myself without the shell" Nightwish- Ghost Love Score.
    " Everything is Clearer now. Life is just a dream you know, thats never ending...i,m ascending". Cowboy Bebop- Blue
    " Noriko...Kazumi...When you return i,ll be there to say...Welcome Home" Jung- Gunbuster

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Yes she does have Squall. Ultimecia lives in the future, and doesn't have a knight. The theory works on the principal that at some point Squall leaves the picture. This is my personal belief for Griever's presence, at some point Rinoa created it as a way to hang on to Squall.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

well that would be cool but i still think ultimecia is an offspring/great offspring etc. how long can sorcereess live? wasnt adel very old? does it state how far in the future ultimecia is?

if r was u wouldn the game have made it far more apparant in the story to ensure it was not lost on ppl? i think the irony would have made it be far less hated. but yeah i guess it just comes to interpretation. plus i always viewed ultimecia as a sex starved **** with an annoying accent and i dont like to think of the contrast with rinoa. do the character graphics look famiular u think?