Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Time travel and the R=U theories (MASSIVE FRICKEN SPOILER WARNING)

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Well I didnt name it. They chose to name it that, for one reason or another.
    The Japanese name for the spell is "Raise". The English name is used simply out of tradition. In FF1, the characters weren't developed at all and one of them dying from a simple battle with Goblins wouldn't affect the plot one bit. The assumption in the first game is that when you lose all your HP you die. The spell LIFE brings that character back from the dead supposedly, even though it's an NES game and death isn't allowed in NES games. Now, why did they choose to translate the spell as LIFE? Well, in the NES version of FF1, spell names were only allowed to be 4 letters long, meaning we wound up with weird names like LIT, QAKE, AFIR, ZAP!, XXXX and NUKE. Raise is 5 letters, and although RISE would have probably worked just fine, the meaning of the name LIFE is a little more clear. They've been using it ever since just 'cause.

Anyway, anyone still interested in this subject should really read this: http://www.dman.orcon.net.nz/Site/Te.../rutheory.html and this: http://www.dman.orcon.net.nz/Site/Te...rutheory2.html

And a handy dandy .gif

Ultimecia is alot older and bonier so it took some time, alot of time

But we do know if R=U then Sorceress do age, slowly but they age

take matron for example

when she was tending to the kids she looked in her early 20s later she looks in her late 30s they DO age

Yea...

And i like how those Square people on that website about the R=U theory page 2, say they dont look alike, and noone mentions body and face maturity. Rinoa just had her babyfat still. Is there somethign about those eyes? Those pupils look like bells? and you see em on ulty, and edea. Can anyone see em on Rinoa?
    School Sucks, Go Work.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

How old was Rinoa? 18 or thereabouts? You lose your 'babyfat' in puberty at the latest.

And thanks for that explination DJzen. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by celtcknight
    i like how those Square people on that website about the R=U theory page 2, say they dont look alike, and noone mentions body and face maturity.
    Ultimecia's eyes are deeper set (it's not just her abusing the eyeliner, she has a more pronounced brow) and her nose is noticeably longer. That's what is meant by they don't look alike. Squall and Seifer would probably also look pretty similar if someone did the same thing with them.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Yeah cos Sorceresses don't change their appearance when they gain their powers do they? Adel and Ultimecia were obviously born looking like they do.
    Judging anything based on appearance is a waste of time with this, character models were reused, and magic clearly deforms people so why bother?

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

What do you mean magic deforms people? Garden uses Paramagic (paramagic odd eh? called paramagic in the tutorial) and they arent "deformed"

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some sorceresses, like Adel, clearly used magic to alter their appearance... but that must've been a conscious choice, since other sorceresses don't share the same fate. Adel is huge and muscled, useful traits for a militaristic dictator. There are few reasons for why Ultimecia would magically extend her cheekbones.
    So you can't really say "Rinoa and Ultimecia look different, this proves R=U!"

It's not suggested anywhere in the game that sorceresses don't age; as far as anything suggests, they're normal humans, but vested with exceptionally powerful magic abilities.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I was referring to sorceress magic, not the standard variety.

EDIT
    *sees Big D's post*

Ultimecia looks different aswell as Adel, even after the short time Rinoa has the power, she still grows wings whenever she uses it.
    I still maintain Edea looks a lot younger then she should, and even if she didn't, if you argue Adel learned how to change her appearance, why can't Rinoa extend her life?

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Look, if you REALLY want to know, why don't you just get in touch with Square about it?

Like Square would be so honest with a bunch fanatics like us. As long as politicians can lie, so will corporate employees. Thats why were all here, to debate, gather evidence if it is possible or even true.

Did plastic surgery exist in FFVIII?

I have been looking in the movie clips after ripping the game, to see if there are any visual evidence to support R=U, like Ultys thrown is designed like edeas float and its shape is like the pupil in her eye (kinda like a bell?). I also mentioned earlier that in the ballroom, at the end, there is a naked girl as the centerpiece. You notice it when the room spins and rinoa dancing around. Could that symbolize something? Has anyone else noticed any kind of hidden symbols or graphics in the game?
    School Sucks, Go Work.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Why would Square lie? They've got nothing to gain by lying about this... what you said made no sense at all. Politicians and coporations lie to make money... I see no way to gain money from lying to a bunch of people on the net about a Rinoa/Ulty conspiracy.

Sounds just like an excuse to disbelieve them if, one day, Square does come out and say 'Hey, guess what? Rinoa isnt Ultimecia, so shut up about it.'.

And, while I doubt Square would lie, I also doubt they'll take the time to give a conclusive answer. This theory at least keeps interest in the game, whether it's true or not. And, until Square gives a definitive yes or no, it will always and forever be a theory, never fact.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Besides, only those who were involved in the writing of the story will actually be able to help. I'm sure that Square-Enix has skilled and helpful helpdesk employees, but "video game plot minutiae" probably isn't in their job description.

It makes great sense Abominatrix, just because you personally don't see why, doesnt make it sensless.

Square has no obligation to answer us. It is easier to give a NO answer than waisting their time on people. There are no restrictions that obligate them to tell the truth. It is their product, and they can do what they please with it. One day R=U, next day E=U. Remember when mommy told you what you wanted to hear, or NO, so you would shut up about it.

If you think it is childish, it certainly is! But it still happens.

Corporations wouldn't expose ideas they may be patented. Motorola employees, for instance, are under contract that says any inventions or ideas they were to make would belong to Motorola.

As for politicians, they lie also for purposes of protection. You think they would answer a forum of curious people of the exact whereabouts of known terrorists in the country? NO.

These are just a few examples. Before you jump the gun, do some research.
    School Sucks, Go Work.