Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory (spoilers)

Articles

The text in the left picture looks different than the font used throughout the game. If you try and look really closely, it seems like it was placed in there, too. Pay particular attention to the part of the text that says "Cloud, it really" and you can see the "it really" is slightly above "Cloud". It's a fake.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Very, very fake. Like Juan said, the text is all wrong. They simply edited the text in the first scene, then spliced scenes together in the second. It's a very easy thing to do if you have the know how.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So far, that means that the snowboarding scene is the only definite "post-mortem" line from Aeris I've seen evidence of.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default Re: Conspiracy Theory (spoilers)

Originally posted by Kahless
    The entire game is ruined, in my opinion, by the loss of Aeris, and the death
    of hope and joy.
    The entire game would be ruined, in my opinion, if they had brought Aeris back.

ok that one is faked. i guess i shouldn't bother with the one of the highwind.
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    you're Auron. smart, experienced, and knowledgable.
    the rest of the gang can always count on you
    for advice. but its strange how you managed to
    stay alive after so many years of being dead..
    ;P

<br

Originally posted by Kahless
    The conspiracy part of it is that the game couldn't be finished in time for its release and so the writers decided to kill off aeris and make the game shorter. Like I said its up there with ufos and black helicoters. fun but its most likely crap.
    So basically, instead of add in the lines that aeris says and put her in some places, they chose to re-write the story, re-produce the ending FMV, change the places where you acquire her final limit break and weapon, and remove her from various events that had been programmed before the death, in an effort to SAVE time?

ok I think I've been misquoting the real conspiracy

"Why am I so bitter about the ending and
    the latter half of the game, you ask? Well, the answer is simple. Everyone
    probably knows about the Aeris resurrection theory. If you look at the game
    there is a vast amount of empirical evidence that Aeris's resurrection was
    originally supposed to be part of the game, perhaps if only in the original
    script or in early versions of the game. I believe that there is NO WAY to
    resurrect her now, however, I believe that FF7 is incomplete, and that we are
    all playing a game that is truly the greatest ever made, but that could be so
    much better. "
    THE INCOMPLETE GAME THEORY - contributed by RTSmith005

So s/he thinks there is a ressurection. Of course Elvis is still alive and shops at QuickTrip.
    "We've secretly replaced the dilithium crystals with Foldgers dark roast crystals. Let's see how long it takes for the Enterprise crew to notice..." -- A Star Trek Joke
    You're Auron!
    ;P

<br

All of this is because you were supposed to be able to revive Aeris, at first. But they changed their minds about it in the last minute.
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Originally posted by Kindo
    All of this is because you were supposed to be able to revive Aeris, at first. But they changed their minds about it in the last minute.
    Which is a good thing.

The game is not incomplete. In the first version of the game in Japan, they really did make it possible for the player to revive Aeris. That's why there is a platform that's not used when talking with Sephiroth... etc etc. But after everything had been completed, they changed their minds about the whole thing. They made it impossible to bring Aeris back, and they re-wrote much of the history and dialogue. But they didn't change those small details. And because they didn't, so many people are ranting on about "conspiracies" and "resurrections" and what not. *Sigh*
    "The nightmare begins..."

FF Hybrid (Your #1 source for FF info)
    FF7: AC (Your #1 source for AC info)

So then why are the quotes she gives in the gameshark version in english? Why translate something you don't intend anyone to ever see?

I still don't think there's much behind it. I hated aeris. she's way too chirpy for me. But there is something strange here tht I don't think anybody can figure out. Who knows. It certainly keeps people playing the game and talking about it. Maybe that's why they did it that way.
    You're Auron!
    ;P

<br

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Because you don't play through the game and translate it that way. You change the dialouge through programming, and I'm sure that whatever the boys in translation saw, they translated and stuck in the game. I don't know much about programming games and such, but I don't think they'd know when that event was, and certain events in game script come before others. Like, for example, a ROM hacker for VI... if I remember right, parts of the Opera script are programmed in at the beginning. Someone who knows more will probably be able to explain it better.

originally posted by BigD

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Darknation
    Aeris was obviously never supposed to survive the attack.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, some of the events described by ~Tenderness~, particularly the two details repeated by Kahless, are pretty strong evidence that the programmers originally took steps to cover the possibility that she might be resurrectible. There'd be no reason to program specific responses for her, for those particular scenes unless it were so. It's understandable that Aeris can be 'revived' by GameShark and used for mini-games and events during discs two and three - after all, the entire game (except for FMVs) is recorded on each disc, so her lines will still be there. But for specific events, such as the Waterfall Screen, Jenova LIFE and the Fort Condor Huge Materia quest, they must've gone out of their way to write lines just for her.

If there had been a genuine "revive Aeris" sub-quest, I think it would simply have been a hidden bonus, not something that'd have any effect on the end of the game. so the story would unfold the same way - every event, every scene including references to Aeris' death - but with her available as a member of the party.

Wow that was great! Take one line from my argument and argue it! Just completely froget about the fact that i backed the point up. If aeris came back to life the game would then end coz shed save the world!It would be stupid.

Origianlly posted by Kindo:

The game is not incomplete. In the first version of the game in Japan, they really did make it possible for the player to revive Aeris. That's why there is a platform that's not used when talking with Sephiroth... etc etc. But after everything had been completed, they changed their minds about the whole thing. They made it impossible to bring Aeris back, and they re-wrote much of the history and dialogue. But they didn't change those small details. And because they didn't, so many people are ranting on about "conspiracies" and "resurrections" and what not. *Sigh*
    No that was a load of sh*t started by some guy on a certain forum who pretended to work for square. He had people believing him for ages then someone discovered a flaw in what he was saying and now everyone knows that the incomplete game theory is sh*t. The guy who started it all admitted he was lying. Ive seen his confession. So many people fell for it though so fair play to him.
    Manchester United 1999
    Dr. Dre 2001
    Smashing Pumpkins 1979

It sounded like crap from the beginning.

And it's quite possible that there would have been some reason a final confrontation would have been necessary if Aeris had survived. We can hardly know how Square would have planned the story to go.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Wow that was great! Take one line from my argument and argue it! Just completely froget about the fact that i backed the point up. If aeris came back to life the game would then end coz shed save the world!It would be stupid.
    That doesn't make any sense at all. If Aeris had survived, nothing would have been different. They would have still had to kill Sephiroth in order for Holy to be released. The only difference would be it would suck 'cause Aeris would be alive.

No that was a load of sh*t started by some guy on a certain forum who pretended to work for square. He had people believing him for ages then someone discovered a flaw in what he was saying and now everyone knows that the incomplete game theory is sh*t. The guy who started it all admitted he was lying. Ive seen his confession. So many people fell for it though so fair play to him.
    I actually remember that incident. However, I don't know anything about the Japanese version or the original plans making it, so I can't argue. I can only state that there was indeed someone who made a huge name for himself over the internet quite a while ago by making up stuff about how Aeris was originally "supposed" to be able to be revived, and later admitted that he was lying his ass off.