Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a simple question?

Default Just a simple question?

I havn't really been able to find info on this ( even thought its probably the most simple question) But what is the difference between primary and secondary jobs. Like when you choose 2 does your character get the powers of both combined or what?

from what I've gathered your main job can go to the lvl cap...and the subjob is the same (you get skills and stuff I think) but can only go to half of yer main jobs lvl....but a beta tester might be able to answer in more detail and correct me if Im wrong

You should have tried to look at the www.ffxionline.com website, has ALOT of information on this game.

You can have 2 jobs 'equipt' at any one time as long as you've done the quest to do so. So you'd have your main job, and then your secondary job, which will be half the level of your main and only have half the skills and abilities. I don't really know how to explain it any other way, so someone please help out.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The level cap is 70 now isnt it? If it was would that mean that with your mainjob you get to cap 70 mean prim has all skills then your sub has all the skills up to lvl 35 correct?

Yeah, that should be correct. =)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

One more question. WHen you start out selecting your character with the whole stats thing do you have any stats to add on like the DAOC game?

Is there a site also that lists all the SKills so far tothe lvl cap? I've only been able to find up to lvl 55

Abilities and skills aren't halved for the sub class. A 10th level fighter / 5th level white mage has all the same abilities and theoretical skill cap as any 5th level white mage, primary or sub.

Also, there no extra skill points to assign during character creation. All race/class combinations will be idential stat wise when compared to same race/class at any level (equipment not withstanding).

And ShadowDragons.com has a lot of useful information, but don't expect a site that has everything, I've looked, it's not out there. Just get on google and type in Final Fantasy XI and start looking around, there's a lot out there, you just have to do some of the digging yourself.

Leighton

You have to switch ur sub job to ur main to lvl it up or else it would always be lvl 1, so you can have a lvl 20 whm but have a lvl 1 blm sub.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

so if you're a 20 whm/ 1 blm and you switch to level the blm up...... what portion of the skills and stats would you get from the whm?????
    also i wanna be a 70mnk/1thf lol never mind

If you switched to become a level 1 BLM primary then you would have no subjob(it rounds down the halving, so you'd need to be level 2 before the subjob would show up). And the stats work just as the class normally.
    Basically, a 20 warrior / 10 monk would all the stats added together of a 20 warrior and a 10 monk (minus starting racial stats). Lets say a 20 galka warrior has 200 HP and a 10 galka monk has 100 HP, that's 300 HP total. Galka have 33 HP starting off, 300 - 33 = 267. So a 20 warrior / 10 monk galka would have 267 HP (before any equipment and what not). It works the same way with stats (STR, VIT, DEX, etc.).

Skill points are the exception, they are the only thing that you can carry over (assuming the class you change to has access to a skill that you have built). i.e. a BLM with a high skill rating in great axe means nothing since they can't use it.

Hope this has been useful.

Leighton

Default lion king guy

lion king guy was wrong about the 20wht(main) and the 1blk(sub)

if u have a 20 mage and u make your sub job when your lvl 20 your sub job will be lvl10 with all the skills up to that lvl

Actually your wrong inlineskating29, you have to level your sub job up seperatly from your main job. If I was a level 30 monk and had never leveled as a theif before then I would be a level 30 monk/1 theif. I think Lionx would definatly know these thigns as he only was a beta tester for a few months.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Default sry

well i heard or saw some were on a site or on a forum at this site that it is half