Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiegraf must die/Here's my specs-HELP

If I just started Ch. 3, when will I meet him?

When you get to the castle where Rafa and her brother are. I beat the first weigraf easy with a monk and wave fist. It's his transformed state I have trouble with. I just started over and after the first battle in madalia plains, I'm level 44 with mastered squire, night, archer, monk, and geomancer with all my characters.
    -Concept

What exactly does a Chamelion Robe do?

I'm just now getting everybody to lv. 23, and I have at the moment Ramza, Alma, Agrias, two Lancers, a Summonner, a Priest, a Geomancer, and a Monk. So only 8 permanent members.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

The Chameleon Robe absorbs the Holy element, and since all of Wiegraf's long range attacks are Holy elemental (yes, even Lightning Stab), all you have to do is stay out of range of melee attacks and you'll be fine.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

I just fought and didn't have much trouble at all with Wiegraf at the book storage place, and after the fight he transformed into the devil thing. Is the difficult fight close?

Originally posted by DocFrance
    The Chameleon Robe absorbs the Holy element, and since all of Wiegraf's long range attacks are Holy elemental (yes, even Lightning Stab), all you have to do is stay out of range of melee attacks and you'll be fine.
    Well, swordskills aren't inherently elemental (you can only give them an element by equipping an elemental weapon). I guess the programmers forgot to work that in.

But Wiegraf doesn't know swordskills are non-elemental. So he'll still not use them on you, in fear of you absorbing his attacks.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

My sister was stuck on weigraf for about a month and so I finally suggested the yell trick.

Then she draws a picture of Ramza yelling in a chocobo's face on an old magna doodle. Funny as hell it was.

My brother did an awesome tactic. He equipped the rubber boots, and used accumulate for about 5 min, used yell for about 5 min, the whole time avoiding him so he can't attack physically, then killed him and his minions in a minute or so. It's much faster than just dying lots.
    ~* T®Õý *~

no, Wiegraf uses Holy Sword skills, which are Holy-elemental. Swordskills (like the breaks that Knights learn) are not elemental, but Holy Sword is.

It's the same thing as Agrias'.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 11-19-2003 at 05:38 AM.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Originally posted by Sasquatch
    no, Wiegraf uses Holy Sword skills, which are Holy-elemental. Swordskills (like the breaks that Knights learn) are not elemental, but Holy Sword is.
    Like people said, the in-game help only says they're elemental, and they really aren't.

Around here, people refer to Holy Sword, Magic Sword, Dark Sword, Mighty Sword and All Swordskill just as "swordskills", collectively. Just thought you might want to know. =)

My brother did an awesome tactic. He equipped the rubber boots, and used accumulate for about 5 min, used yell for about 5 min, the whole time avoiding him so he can't attack physically, then killed him and his minions in a minute or so. It's much faster than just dying lots.
    Wow! I finished the first form of Wiegraf within 3 minutes! And I just need 'Equip Gun' and maybe 'Move+1'.

It is really interesting how programmer screw up and yet releasing the game doesn't it :P

Blademaster of Northland DeBlayde's Avatar

i've always used a tactic much like Taramoor's brother, only backwards. it's better to be a monk with the healing skill (forgot the name) and Guts secondary ability. run like a scared little bunny for the first few minutes of the battle, using yell constantly. then when you get 4 or 5 turns to every one of Weigraf's, start using accumulate. I always camped out in a corner and waited for him to get close to me before moving to the other corner. once you're tired of that, kill him in like 2 hits and watch as he changes to Lucavi. kill the other two daemons he summons to help him for more exp, then spank him like a 4 year old in K-mart.

I have 2 ways of beating him:

1. Ramza lancer with a good jump
    2. ramza monk, equip armor and earth slash.

Just need to remember my time with him, what is Wiegraf's HP?

>Sob< >Sob< I'm level 60... My other Lancers are 54-55... And I still cannot beat that damn Velius... There should be a law against the Zodiac Braves using big-arse summons so quickly in a row... Clops is so cheap... I still take like 200 damage from it, and none of my lancers ever land a jump... I'm so angry... I figure I'll try the Yell/Accumulate trick... Nothin' to lose... but only after I get to level 65 or so...
    -I was just curious... Why am I so good? (On that note: It's only arrogance if you're NOT actually that damn good... But it just so happens that I AM that damn good... So... Nyah...)