Thread: Triple Triad

Default Triple Triad

is there any way to remove the rules which are on you? is it removed at random or is there a specifc method to remove them? i don't know how i got it but in the past, i made Balamb Garden have totally none of the rules at all.

I think it's something like if you have a rule you want to remove, first "catch" that rule from another town. For example, you want to get rid of "Random" in Centra? First play alot of games in Dollet, and then go play cards in Centra. There's a chance that the two Random rules will somehow clash and be removed from that area. I'm not 100% about this.

As for Balamb, there is a man who's fishing in the town who will actually remove the rules for you.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

someone in Balamb remove's the rules for you?! thanks alot this will help me alot in getting the cards i need~

Originally posted by r@ve
    someone in Balamb remove's the rules for you?! thanks alot this will help me alot in getting the cards i need~
    Well, all of Balamb's rules anyway.

As for the much more difficult task of removing the rules one by one, the foruma is as follows:

When you play a game with mixed rules from two regions there is a 1:7 chance that the computer will choose a rule. If that rule matches a rule in the current area, the rule is abolished.

According to this guide you're certain to abolish the rule should that rule be chosen.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

so it's like, if i'm carrying rules from this region, then when i play in a new region, there's a chance whereby a rule will be randomly chosen to be implemented if it isn't implemented or abolished if it's already implemented while the other rules i'm carrying will be gone and i pick up whatever rules there are from that region?

(SPOILER)currently i'm in disc 3. i just got Edea card from her. i was carrying Balamb's rules which was open only. after i won the 2nd match and obtain the card, the random rule was abolished by itself, i'm not sure why but it sorts of contradicts what you've said doesn't it?

Originally posted by r@ve
    (SPOILER)currently i'm in disc 3. i just got Edea card from her. i was carrying Balamb's rules which was open only. after i won the 2nd match and obtain the card, the random rule was abolished by itself, i'm not sure why but it sorts of contradicts what you've said doesn't it?
    Hmm, apparently if the selected rule does not match any of the rules you can get a "Random Result", perhaps you got lucky and the Random Result was, by sheer irony, removal of the Random rule?

On a related note, I'm playing FF8 for the second time on the PC, and this time I thought I'd
    try and get those cards complete.

To make this easier I try to abolish some rules throughout the world, but
    found that - apart from Dollet (where I could establish Open as only rule -
    this is extremely difficult as players would rather spread than abolish.

So could you by any chance remember which persons in the Galbadia and
    Centra-Region are more willing to abolish rules than others? (I already got
    Selphie from Trabia, so I don't worry anymore about that region).

The rules status as of now is as follows:
    Balamb, Dollet -> Open
    Galbadia -> Open, Random, Same
    Fisherman's Horizon -> Element, Sudden-Death
    Trabia -> Open, Random, Plus
    Centra -> Random, Same, Plus

Hope you can help me on that matter. TIA!

The Guy on the Docks in Balamb will remove all rules your carrying.

After you play a game with him the only rule you'll be left carrying around is the trade rule : One, thats it. He's not alwasy there though but if you leave town and re-enter eventually he'll turn up.

Yes, he will establish Open as the only rule in Balamb - but won't affect any other region afaik...

well the only way i know is to soft reset everytime a gay rule happens

Hmm, I think there was quite a detailed explanation on how to customize the card rules at a FAQ in GameFAQs. You'll have to find the faq yourself, thou.
    Death is immortal.
    You are not.

I'm not sure about this but can quitting a game help you abolish some rules? I asked Xu on the Ragnarok for a card game and then I exited before playing. She suddenly said that she disliked the random rule so it was taken away.

Does the fisherman on the dock show up in disc 3? (Sorry for the old
    post bump)

.opt

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In the future, just post a new topic if you want to ask this question instead of reviving the old thread. Most of the people who posted in this thread aren't around anymore so you probably won't get anything out of them.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum