Thread: How come I can fight Lavos now? spoilers maybe.

How come I can fight Lavos now? spoilers maybe.

I just got Epoch. Now that I have it, I went to fight Lavos. my fight is paused now. I looked at EoFF CT walkthrough and it doesn't mention this.It just continues the game.Why come I can fight Lavos NOW?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't know if you've played through the game before so I'll put this in spoiler tags.

(SPOILER)There are several endings to CT. Yes, you can go straight to Lavos after getting Epoch, but you have a near-impossible battle ahead of you. Basically you can defeat Lavos at any time now, through different methods of getting to him, but the more you do in the game, i.e. side-quests and finishing the story, generally the better the ending you have.
    Figaro Castle

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

What spiff said. Also you could fight Lavos anytime you want your first time through the game as soon as you get to the end of time. That sparkling bucket takes you to fight Lavos and if you win and your insanely low level(:chuckle: ) then you beat the game!

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Of course, for these endings to be able to be viewed, there is an option, after finishing the last Big Sidequest in the game to start a New Game + - which dumps you at the beginning with all levels you acquired and all items and equipment except for some storyline stuff. It also changes the game a little in the beginning, and you can challenge Lavos by pressing a twinkie (SPOILER)on the right pod of Lucca's teleporter. Indeed, I did it meself today. It gives a miscellaneous ending with the programming and producing team telling you stuff.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Twinkle. Not "twinkie."

Now I have another question. How the HELL do I hide behind the trees on Death Peak? I walk behind them but I get blown anyways!

Default Oh yeah...

I vaguely remember that part...

I think what you have to do is go to the crazy old man where you got Epoch and talk to the Nu. He gives you those little dolls which pop into trees at the appropriate place.

I loe the credits when you do what Lord Mďchnáid said. More to suit my style huh?

BTW, on Death Peak, I would like to warn you that you fight some crazy stuff. Go for the head. You'll understand when you get there.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

origionally by Materia Keeper
    BTW, on Death Peak, I would like to warn you that you fight some crazy stuff. Go for the head. You'll understand when you get there.
    Yep, crazy is the word. Mind the head and respect the shell, if you want to see the end.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You have to push yourself directly against the trunk of the tree. If you're a little off center you'll get blown away.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

You also need to stay there until the wind quiets down a little bit.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

And you have to keep your finger on the button, too, or you'll get blown off.