Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: FAQ for the FFXI Forum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default For people who arrived late. Er, eh heh, like me >_>

I know a lot of threads have been done over many times from what I've gone through today after my interest came to FFXI. Now, if anyone would like to make up a FAQ involving any questions that have been repeated, that'd be great. If you feel anything is missed, add it into a new post. Once you're all happy that the FAQ is ready, I'll get the information out of all your posts and make a new stickied thread. I trust this will make life easier for everyone, both regulars and newbies like myself.

Ideally, a question, answer and link to a decent thread on the topic would be appreciated. The completed FAQ will be done up much like the one in the Feedback Forum.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

BoB, you're a genius, I would be willin' to do it, but I think it best that a Beta tester would do it, as they have more in game experience. I'll send some of my friends over.

Bug Lionx and Grand Lethal, they were both beta testers. I believe Alpha was one too. So ya bug them first I say.
    This space intentionally left blank.

When will Final Fantasy XI be released?

~The PC version is going to be released between the 28th and 29th of October in the U.S. The PS2 version will be released in March 2004 in the U.S.

Eh, well I knew that one! Came from the FFXI site sort of though... I'll try to find more at a later date.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Yes Lionx and GL were both beta testers, Alpha wasn't though. I can't bug'em right now really. I'm on vacation. >.> I know my peeps.

~Final Fantasy XI is online ONLY.
    ~It's 12.95 US dollars a month.
    ~It's 1.00 US dollar added to the monthly fee for Tetra Master.
    ~It's 1.00 US dollar added tot he monthly fee for each extra character slot.
    Last edited by Rostum; 11-24-2003 at 10:28 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

- You can get a sub-job when you are level 18 and have completed the appropriate side-quest.
    - See the Clan Corner forum to see what servers people are on.
    Figaro Castle

Be smart, mature, and listen to the party leaders or guy in charge of the group.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Want to get on a server of your choice without paying? Go here:
    http://reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=1055

I've saved so much money by not having to buy friends worldpasses because of that...

Well, I may be a super noob considering I don't even have FFXI yet, but I know this! lol

If your a mage, your secondary job should not be a warrior. at least that is what I heard

As I have heard, you can switch your job at your Mog House

A Serene Dreamer......... Julia's Avatar

Give me all your gil too, don't forget that important step! ^ ^

i'm just kidding. I'm only hoping everyone hasn't forgotten me! ~Elle

If you want to get hold of crystals after battles, get a guard to cast 'Signet' on you before you hurry out into the wilderness.
    My tongue is a gun, my mouth is a clip, my metaphors are bullets that come out when I spit.

Race DOES matter.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The entire game's economy is based on a capitalist system. Much like other FFs you can buy and sell to and from NPCs. This, however, is where the similarities end. You can also place prices on items in your inventory and allow other players to buy them as easily as checking you. Additionally there is an Auction House where you may opt to put items up for sale with a reserve price. If that price is met by a player making a bid then your item sells, depending on the reserves set by other players and the quantity of that item placed on auction with the same reserve price before yours. I won't get into buying and selling tactics, in the interest of saving time (my ship has almost arrived in Selbina on the other comp )

Often times the price of an item through an NPC will be less than the average listed in the Auction House, however be aware that when you purchase from them you are falling victim to a Money Sink: A feature implemented into MMORPGs designed to reduce teh amount of currency in player circulation. Less Gil to go around -> Even higher prices at the Auction House. The same goes for selling items to NPCs, too. When you do that you're removing a valid item from the game and, now that the servers have been up a long time and the economy is booming, that is not really in anyone's best interest, doubly so when you consider that you can re-sell equipment at auction for the same price you paid. Sometimes more, too.

The exception to this rule is in consumables. Spells, in particular, are very expensive at auction, often in the range of hundreds or thousands. For some this can be acceptable since they can only be obtained through quests and high level ennemies, however spending your hard earned Gil on a one-use item at the kind of prices at auction sometimes justifies going to an NPC for the sake of keeping that armor on your back.