Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite party?

Grin Favorite party?

What was your favorite party to carouse through the game with?
    I spent a bit searching the fora, so I think, hope, yearn that this isn't a clone.

Yuffie and Cid for me. Two greatest personalities in the game.
    The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory.

my favorite party consists of vincent, cid, and cloud. freakin powerhouse. i hated aeris in combat. and i never had much reason to use tifa, and cait sith.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I, too, dig on the Cloud/Vincent/Cid combination. Sometimes Cloud/Cait Sith/Cid, too.

I've never been too fond of Vincents limit breaks, so I hardly use him.
    He's about to use his death penalty to deal massive damage when I lose control of him and he becomes an annoying monster.
    The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory.

I always use Cloud, Red then either Barrett or Tifa.

my fav was cloud yufife and vincent, cuz they were my...well, favs.
    the "main" party that really mattered was probably cloud tifa and vincent, because they have a "special" grudge against sephiroth.

by the way, what does the NM stand for in your screenname?
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Tis my little secret.

All i'll say is if you watch Lock, stock & two smoking barrels you might pick up what it stands for. As I got the name from something said in the film.

Yuffie, Cloud, Barrett.
    Always did the business. Yuffie & Barrett have the benefit of long-range attacks (without using up a materia slot) and do not suffer from Vincent's, IMO, rubbish limit breaks...

Watch yourself...

I'm not some huge fan of Vincent, but his limits aren't that bad. He gets huge, does BIG damage, and is at least a breakaway from the traditional ones.

As for my favorite party, it would have to be:

Cloud-Big damage, good stats, plus triple growth and OMNISLASH!!

Cid- Okay stats, triple growth, Highwind, and he just has the greatest personality.

"Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair, and drink your Goddamn tea!! "

Red- Hits hard, fastest character, I think, plus he doesn't have the character flaws that Yuffie or the rest do.

Plus, he's hilarious to watch do 4X cut.

Originally posted by NM
    Tis my little secret.

All i'll say is if you watch Lock, stock & two smoking barrels you might pick up what it stands for. As I got the name from something said in the film.
    ......................................???? wha???żżż???
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

Seriously, tifa in a party? Other than gaining her limit breaks, hell, I'd choose her. It's always worth it to get everyone's limit breaks. Cloud, Cid, Red 13, Barret, Yuffie and Cait Sith would be my 2 parties against Sephy, before I even heard of Vincent, I used Tifa. (Well, I HAD too.) My main party's normally Vincent and Aeris/Cid. Who wouldn't use Cid? Someone who hates cursing, smoking and very few Materia slots. Highwind, Grat Gospol, and (wait for it...) OMNISLASH!!!
    "We're gonna liberate Balamb, ya know... I mean... We're gonna liberate Balamb." -Zell

"Remember the time you went in the women's wash..."
    "HEY!" -Quistis and Zell

"Great. I'm the captain of a chicken wuss and a guy who just reached puberty." -Seifer

"So you became the sorceress's lapdog."
    "I'd prefer to be called her knight." -Squall and Seifer

"Hey, maybe we should be careful, Laguna."
    "Hey, what's the worst that can happen?" -Ward and Laguna

"Whoa, I'm glad I told you to be careful."
    "Wasn't that me who said that?" -Laguna and Ward

I always went with Cloud... Tifa and Vincent. I'd like to say that it was some kind of great strategy or master plan but...

...no. I just like Tifa and Vincent.
    Last edited by Hanoi; 11-06-2003 at 02:57 AM.
    "Let me feel your leg of hope around me."

Cloud and Cid are necessities, and I usually switch out Tifa and Yuffie for the third party member. Before I get Cloud, I use Nanaki a lot, and before getting Nanaki and Yuffie, I use Aeris a lot.

Tifa's limit breaks rank among the best in the game, IMO.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles

I've grown partial to using Cloud, Cid and Tifa/Red XIII in my parties, more often than not. I agree with Jester over there on his comment about Tifa's limits, especially later in the game and when you land on "Yes" compared to "Hit". Even if you don't get everything, you can still land about 12,000-15,000 worth of damage every goaround.

When she's available, I like using Aeris a lot for her magic abilities, too. When I need a bit of physical strength and durability, I use Barret. I use Vincent only sparingly because of his HP deficiencies, Cait Sith because of his defense, and Yuffie because of her lack of offensive capability compared to others. Cloud, Cid, Red and Tifa are probably the most well-balanced corps in the game.

My favorite party was:

Cloud, Cid and Red. I think that I took that party when you leave the desert prison, and only changed it when need to. But the rest of the game I have chosen this one. They all have great phsycial attacks: especially Red sometimes. And also some great limits which can do very great damage