Thread: Can you help me?

Unhappy Can you help me?

I am a true Final Fantasy 8 master. But I am playing FF7 now for fun. I am stuck on the Demon Gate in the Temple of the Ancients. Aeris is with me and shes not that good. Here are my stats

Cloud-Level 28-Nail Bat-Equipped with Bahamut, Shiva, Titan, B2/2 Limit Break

Vincent-Level 28-Shotgun-Equipped with Kjata-Mostly I use him as a medic because of his high MP, B1/1 Limit Break

Aeris-Level 22-Princess Guard-Equipped with Odin, Ramuh, Choco/Mog, B1/2 Limit Break

Can you give me some advice on defeating this 10,000 HP monster?

Magic List That I Have-Cure 2, Bolt 2, Fire 2, Ice 2, Barrier
    Final Fantasy 8 and Final Fantasy 7...Masterpieces

do not use any summons that are aligned with elements. most especially Kjata (this will heal Demon's Gate, i think). use the Bahamut summon for non-elemental damage. have Aeris on her level one limit breaks so she can heal everyone and not use up MP. do not use elemental damage spells, as these will not work either. do not use Vincent because his limit break is fire elemental. pummel away at Demon's Gate via physical hits and non-elemental summons. try Odin - i cannot remember whether or not it's elemental... don't think so. have Cloud use Climhazzard when he gets to his limit break.

>>>>
    Cloud-Level 28-Nail Bat-Equipped with Bahamut, Shiva, Titan, B2/2 Limit Break

Vincent-Level 28-Shotgun-Equipped with Kjata-Mostly I use him as a medic because of his high MP, B1/1 Limit Break

Aeris-Level 22-Princess Guard-Equipped with Odin, Ramuh, Choco/Mog, B1/2 Limit Break

Magic List That I Have-Cure 2, Bolt 2, Fire 2, Ice 2, Barrier
    >>>>

ignore Shiva, Titan, Kjata, Ramuh, and Choco/Mog.
    ignore Bold 2, Fire 2, and Ice 2.
    use Barrier+All or MBarrier+All if you can level up to get that.

also, your characters are at pretty low levels. you're going to have a LOT of trouble w/ such low HP and such. if i were you, i'd switch Vincent for someone else, maybe Cid or Barret.
    put Cover on someone who's strong and has good defense.
    have Aeris in the back row but equipped with Long Range, if you have it. if she's going to spend most of the fight being a healer, then maybe give Long Range to someone else.
    Last edited by Numisma; 10-28-2003 at 08:00 AM.
    -little purple-haired geek

I got really stuck on that boss the first time I played the game. Now it's easy as hell.

First thing is if any of your characters have health below 1000 level them up by fighting in the room with all the pictures on the wall. Were you fought the Dragon. As this will make the fight much easier.

Put all your characters in the back row and if you have it place Long range materia on Cloud. Have someone with Haste linked with all cast at the beginning of the fight. Then cast barrier again linked with all. Use Bahamut to do a nice amount of damage and Odin as well. Don't bother with any other summons as they won't do much damage. Then just use normal attacks until it's dead.

Having everyone in the back row along with barrier it will reduce the damage of all it's attacks to about 300 damage at the most. Cure when you need to and use you limit breaks and you won't find it that hard to finish off.

If you don't have things like haste & barrier. Then it's a little harder but still shouldn't be a problem if you keep everyones health up.

Now, trian until you're either:
    -Level 35+ for every character.
    -Vincent gains his third limit break.

You need either kick attacks or a healthy level, cuz, he plays every way but easy. You should collect as many limit breaks for Aeris you can. Believe me. She is a wonderous powerhouse for defense. Cloud is fine, as long as Climhazzard/Meteorain's one of his main weapons.

All non-elemtal magic will inflict great damage on the wall, with the exeption of Odin. For a kinght, he really does suck. 300 damage is his kinda damage. Begin with Barrier-All, DON'T USE M-BARRIER UNLESS YOU'RE USING ITEMS!!! Cure2 will half if you use it with a magic guard. Try to use Vincent's elemental forms when his HP is down to around 1000. Make Aeris your main medic. You'd rather let a low-attack deal with him? Vincent id preferred in the back row. All his weapons are long range, so why not? Put Cloud in the back row with the Long Range materia. Bahamut is the only summon that really matters.
    "We're gonna liberate Balamb, ya know... I mean... We're gonna liberate Balamb." -Zell

"Remember the time you went in the women's wash..."
    "HEY!" -Quistis and Zell

"Great. I'm the captain of a chicken wuss and a guy who just reached puberty." -Seifer

"So you became the sorceress's lapdog."
    "I'd prefer to be called her knight." -Squall and Seifer

"Hey, maybe we should be careful, Laguna."
    "Hey, what's the worst that can happen?" -Ward and Laguna

"Whoa, I'm glad I told you to be careful."
    "Wasn't that me who said that?" -Laguna and Ward

So ive taken your guyses advice and here are my new stats

Cloud-Level 37
    Vincent-37
    Aeris-37 (she levels up fast!!)

But i still can't seem to beat the demon gate, he keeps on killing aeris, my medic, with that annoying attack where he drops a rock on her head. When i use a pheonix down he just does it again. I start the battle and use bahamut then climhazzard, thats about 2/5 of his health gone. What do I do the rest of he battle?

I'd recommend shifting the cure materia to Vincent, actually; Aeris has her own healing limit break, which means that on the occasions when she limit breaks, you could get two cures per round.

Um... beyond that, a little more leveling up never hurt anyone (except in ff8) and I'd also try to see if I could start the battle with everyone having a limit break.

Am I the only one who didn't find this fight to be much of a challenge? ;o
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles

I didn't, either, the first time I went through the game. I don't know why, either, it might have been because it took me forever to find Junon.

Anyway, I noticed that you were using the Nail Bat. Is that just because it raises Cloud's offensive capabilities? You might try equipping a sword with more beneficial Materia, especially Barrier. Other than that, just hit 'im with physical stuff, yeah, and go from there.

Like I said before. If you have barrier on everyone along with putting everyone in the back fow it's attacks do hardly any damage.

The attack you mentioned were it drops a rock on a characters head will do about 250 with this set-up. Were as if you have no barrier and are in the front row it does about 800.

Default how do i put people in the back row?

you keep on saying to put your characters in the back row, how do I do that? I know I sound like a newby saying this, but you have to remember I am unbeatable in FF8. FF7 just has different controls and systems. Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of being in the front or back row?

K open the menu and select Order. Press confirm on a character and a little blinking hand appears. Press confirm on the same character and it will move the character image further back. There now in the back row.

Advantages are that you don't take as much damage but you also don't give out as much either. Thats were the long range materia comes in. It allows a character in the back row to do the same damage as they would in the front row.

Thats the only fight in the game I ever put people in the back row for as it makes it so easy.

Btw seen as your so good at FF8 you can help me out.

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showt...threadid=39997
    Last edited by NM; 10-31-2003 at 11:41 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vincent uses a gun. He should be in the back row at all times, since his weapon is innately long range. Same applies to Yuffie, her weapons are also long range (for most of her weapons, I think), and also to Barret unless you give him something strange like the cannonball
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

For some strange reason, the very first time I got to Demon's gate, I too...could not beat him for the life of me. yet the next 20 times I fought him hes so easy...but anyway...

Have you learned the enemy skill "Big Guard" yet? If you have make sure you have E. Skill Materia on a party member and cast it first thing when the battle begins. if you don't, haste and barrier are MUST in this battle, especially if you don't have a shiz load of HP.

Give Cloud and Vincent Fury by using a hyper on each of them (if you have the hypers to do so). As for summoning - the only summon worth using in this battle is Bahamut. Do not equip any other summon materia because it'll just take away from your HP and waste materia room. Also, get rid of all the magic materia besides Haste, Barrier, and Cure. You say you're using Vincent? Hmmm....keep him in the back row, as well as Aeris and just make Cloud attack phisically, then when you get his limiy beat the shiz outta him with that. Have vincent attack as well and maybe try a Deathblow every so many turns (that is, if you have the D. Blow materia), and have Aeris do the only thing shes still good for at this point - and that is healing the others, and keeping up the barrier.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment...its been awhile since I did this myself. I need to play the game again.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I BEAT THE FIRST DISC!!! The Jenova Life was such an easy boss! It kinda sux that Aeris died because I spent all that time leveling her up. Oh well Red XIII is level 40 also anyway. Comet is a really good materia!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yes, Jenova life was..ahem...REDICULOUSLY easy. Mainly because the developers placed the water ring RIGHT BEFORE you fight her. I did like the feel it had right after the death of Aeris with that music...something about batteling to that music was cool . But as I am with all exceedingly easy boss battles, I was very dissapointed, because I enjoy challenge.
    I like Kung-Fu.