Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, they last bosses keep killing me

Default Help, they last bosses keep killing me

I have played the whole game, untill the last bosses. Then suddenly, I get killed. I got the best party, everyone knows Cure 3 and Ultima, one has X-Magic, one can Jump. So what do I wrong? Please help me.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need to kill each stage quickly, when you're rising up that "tower" made of all the horribly malformed monsters. Some of them use curative magic on the other parts. When you get to the top part - right before you fight (SPOILER)Kefka - one of the two monsters will use Life3 on the other one if you give it a chance.

The best approach is to learn the weaknesses of each monster, and make a party that's equipped to exploit those weaknesses. Attack fast, but defend too. Use good armour, protective magic, and Haste for safety. Keep your magic-users on the back row, and have your strongest, best-armed fighters up front.

Hmm. There are probably some good walkthroughs available that can explain it all much better than I can... but good luck!

If you still can't beat it, you can always go back and train for a while in the dinosaur forest. Good luck.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

If you're feeling particularly cheap-ass, you can use my tried and true Quinta-Magic Ultra Mega Spell of Death Method (TM).

You'll need:
    -Relm (she has the highest natural magic stat)
    -Gem Box
    -Gold Hairpin or Economizer (not necessarry, but recommended)

Relm needs to know:
    -Ultima
    -Quick

What you do:
    -On Relm's turn, have her cast Ultima, and then Quick using X-Magic.
    -On her next two turns (which should come immediately, thanks to Quick), have her double-cast Ultima.

This will cast Ultima not once, not twice, but FIVE TIMES in one turn.

If Relm is at a high enough level, and she has a high enough Intelligence, she could do 9999 damage to each target for each casting of Ultima.

The only problem is it will really drain your MP. This whole process will cost you a total 500 MP, 250 MP if you have a gold hairpin, and 6 MP if you're really cheap-ass and you're using an Economizer.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

If you have 'em, remember that Snow Mufflers and Minerva Armors are your friends, too.

The most important thing to keep in mind as you're climbing is to keep your health consistently high. One part can wipe out your party with Quake as a final attack, another can attack you ten times as a last attack (aptly called 10 Hits), and the third form can cast Merton (which can and will screw you over). Just him 'em hard and quickly, and you should have a better chance of wining.

Bring as much mana healing items as possible. Make sure EVERYONE learns Osmose. THat way, you can never run out of mana

The third tier of the tower in the final battle contains two targets. One of them will do an instant-death move on one of your characters before you move up. A good thing to do is put LIfe3 on your most important characters, but for the ones that you could deal with them being replaced, don't bother. If you're completing the game with only 3 characters, or, I'd imagine, if you were at the bottom of your list, any dead characters will remain in the party when you go up to the next level. I only had Celes, Edgar, and Setzer one time, and the damn thing killed off Celes, but she came with me to the next level so I could revive her with Life2 and use the Atma Weapon and Offering that I had given to her .

While you're moving up the tower, concentrate on killing one enemy at a time. The quicker you get one gone, the less you have to worry about while you work on the next one.

Originally posted by DocFrance
    If you're feeling particularly cheap-ass, you can use my tried and true Quinta-Magic Ultra Mega Spell of Death Method (TM).

You'll need:
    -Relm (she has the highest natural magic stat)
    -Gem Box
    -Gold Hairpin or Economizer (not necessarry, but recommended)

Relm needs to know:
    -Ultima
    -Quick

What you do:
    -On Relm's turn, have her cast Ultima, and then Quick using X-Magic.
    -On her next two turns (which should come immediately, thanks to Quick), have her double-cast Ultima.

This will cast Ultima not once, not twice, but FIVE TIMES in one turn.

If Relm is at a high enough level, and she has a high enough Intelligence, she could do 9999 damage to each target for each casting of Ultima.

The only problem is it will really drain your MP. This whole process will cost you a total 500 MP, 250 MP if you have a gold hairpin, and 6 MP if you're really cheap-ass and you're using an Economizer.
    just what the heck is the Gem Box, what does it do, and where do you get it? And where do i find Economizers? I only found one - by betting the thing that gives you W-Magic (is the thing that gives you W-Magic the Gem Box? cuz in my game it was called the Thamasa Soul, and the Economizer was called the Three Stars.)
    "There are some people in this world like me who have killed their emotions long ago. Never forget that." -Shadow, to Terra
    "Yes! The emnity is growing! The only thing pure in this world is emnity!...Now, let love bleed! Darker and deeper than the seas of hell!" -Lynx

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gem Box gives you x-magic, the ability to cast twice in a row. Found at the top of the Fanatics' Tower.

Yeah, that was the Gem Box. I've never heard 'em called that, though.

The Gem Box is on top of the Fanatic's Tower. You can find Economizers by fighting Brachasaurs in the small forest near Narshe that looks like a dinosaur. Well, when you approach it from the north, it looks like a brachiasaur, and when you approach it from the south, it looks like a gator head. But anyway. You can also steal Ribbons from them.

If you don't have an Economizer, the best thing to do might be to cast Osmose at least once in your barrage of high-level, high-cost spells like Ultima. You might not be able to make it the last spell, keep in mind, because four Ultimas will probably slaughter everything in sight.

a little tip:since some of the enemies can kill your guys with their powerful finalattacks use your 4 medium chars(hopefully can kill off first bit) first.Your 4 best second and 4 worst third

Join my FF forum.
    It is empty but it would really help out if you would join and help me get more members

That might work, and then when you're on the third tier of the tower, if you have one of the medium fighters left, you could kill him off before you finish off the enemies so your best will move up.

Truthfully, except for the instant-death move that I get on the third section, I don't think I've ever had anybody replaced.

Use Gem Box + Economizer and use Quick on someone with Genji Glove and Offering (I used Sabin). They'll die

They insta-deathed my Celes but that doesn't matter, because Terra replaced her

Remeber that mevade (magic evade) is your friend. Because of a well known bug the game mevade counts as evade and magic evade. So take a charater and equip them with as much mevade equipment as possible (up to 128%). If you pull that off, your defense won't matter because nothing will hit you. Some good options to get high mevade are force armor, aegis shield, and a sword like ragnorok, or illumina if you have them. White capes or Zephir capes work well too.

Do this to one of your top spell casters (like Terra or whoever has the most magic) and have that person continuously heal your party members with cure 3 or life 2 if they take hits. You won't take any damage because the enemies will not be able to hit you with magic or physical attacks. Give that person an ecnonmizer (the relic that gives you MP cost of 1 for every spell) if you can while still having max mevade.

Besides your undamagable healer, use your strongest attacks with everyone else. Sabins bum rush, Edgars chain saw or drill, the offering (X-fight) + gengi glove (weapon in each hand) combination, Gaus Stray Cat rage, Umaro with his two specialty relics (Rage ring+Blizzard Orb), Shadow throwing random stuff. You should be able to take out the final boss easy, without even having Ultima or any other strong magic attacks.

Note: this is also a cheap way of beating the last boss, taking advantage of the mblock or mevade bug. But if you're having trouble, why not go for it.
    Some people choose the path straight and narrow,
    others take the road less travelled,
    I cut through the woods

Use Gem Box + Economizer and use Quick on someone with Genji Glove and Offering (I used Sabin). They'll die
    Actually, Quick only works on the person casting it, so that scenario would be impractical. If somebody with a Gem Box and Economizer casts Quick on themselves, it's impossible for them to also have the Genji Glove and Offering. And if somebody has the Genji Glove and Offering, then they would have to spend all 99 MP to cast Quick.

And Umaro works best with a Gauntlet instead of his Blizzard Orb. His attacks are only against one enemy at a time, but they are much more powerful. Just go into the menu to look at the stats, you'll see what I mean.