Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best game ever

Default best game ever

some people say that ff6 is still the best rpg (minus the graphics of course) and you wont get a better rpg for a long time. your thoughts?
    I have a signature WOW
    ashley riot permanently has a wedgie HAHAHAHA!!-me

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Figaro Castle

I'm one of the people that say that.

Articles

In the words of the immortal Shaft, "Ya damn right."

As far as graphics are concerned, I have yet to see a game with better special effects. The spell "Goner" tops the charts in my book.
    The CyberVeldt

FFVI Expert Version 2 is available for download
    and it can be yours by clicking the above link

Bigger than a rancor SomethingBig's Avatar

I don't know anyone could disagree.

I disagree
    I disagree
    I disagree
    I disagree
    I disagree
    I disagree
    I disagree

Darn, can't bring myself to say "I disagree".

doh, I guess I agree

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I disagree. The storyline stops half-way through, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Bad because there isn't story anymore. Good because you don't have to see the stupid story continuing anymore. There are 14 characters and only a few (Tina, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Celes) get some development. The rest are filler characters who get about as much development as NPCs, and the only reason why you'd use them is training them for (SPOILER)Kefka's Tower. And Kefka, now that's IMHO the lousiest character of them all, a crazy retarded clown. Not to mention the easiest (SPOILER)final boss ever. Oh please, give me a break.

The battle system is boring and whatever it tries to make special, it ends up being annoying. Excluding equipping, Espers are completely useless, which is a shame as FF6 would be a good game for casting them since summoning sequences aren't long at all. Random battles are also get extremely annoying at times, and at many places I get so fed up with them that I just hold L and R buttons whenever a battle occurs even though I probably could beat the enemies in the same time all 4 get to run away. And no, I'm not saying the game is too hard for me. No, it's way too easy. There are so many things that make you invincible, even without Offering, Genji Glove, Gem Box and Economizer. Even physical attacks, normal spells (Fire/Ice/Bolt 1-2-3), skills (Tools and Blitz) and recovery spells (Cure 1-2-3, Osmose) are enough to breeze you through the game.

I don't know anyone could disagree.
    Opinions aren't the same as facts, so there are many who can disagree. IMHO, claiming FF6 as the best game ever and saying that nobody would disagree is utterly ignorant. Thank you, and good night, folks.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    I disagree. The storyline stops half-way through, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing. Bad because there isn't story anymore. Good because you don't have to see the stupid story continuing anymore. There are 14 characters and only a few (Tina, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Celes) get some development. The rest are filler characters who get about as much development as NPCs, and the only reason why you'd use them is training them for (SPOILER)Kefka's Tower. And Kefka, now that's IMHO the lousiest character of them all, a crazy retarded clown. Not to mention the easiest (SPOILER)final boss ever. Oh please, give me a break.

The battle system is boring and whatever it tries to make special, it ends up being annoying. Excluding equipping, Espers are completely useless, which is a shame as FF6 would be a good game for casting them since summoning sequences aren't long at all. Random battles are also get extremely annoying at times, and at many places I get so fed up with them that I just hold L and R buttons whenever a battle occurs even though I probably could beat the enemies in the same time all 4 get to run away. And no, I'm not saying the game is too hard for me. No, it's way too easy. There are so many things that make you invincible, even without Offering, Genji Glove, Gem Box and Economizer. Even physical attacks, normal spells (Fire/Ice/Bolt 1-2-3), skills (Tools and Blitz) and recovery spells (Cure 1-2-3, Osmose) are enough to breeze you through the game.

Opinions aren't the same as facts, so there are many who can disagree. IMHO, claiming FF6 as the best game ever and saying that nobody would disagree is utterly ignorant. Thank you, and good night, folks.
    :grr: :rolleyes: :sad: :frust: :aimcry:
    Figaro Castle

^^^^ :laugh:

Haha, that's great.
    The CyberVeldt

It's a good-to-great game, but kingdom hearts is the best game ever. To be honest, I find it absurd that an RPG could be ANYONE'S favourite game, but it's just my opinion.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not my favourite, for watered-down versions of many of the reasons Sephiroth1999AD gave. I just couldn't "connect" with the game in the way I did with others. A nicely developed world, some memorable characters and scenes... but lacking in a few ways, for me.

Not to mention the terrible rate of random encounters. It'd be so nice to walk five paces without getting accosted by a swarm of flying turtles and undead snails.

But, if you're looking for an old-style PRG with a superb plot, plenty of exploration, lots of interaction, and many side-quests and special events to uncover, then FFVI would be very hard to beat.[q=Advent Child]To be honest, I find it absurd that an RPG could be ANYONE'S favourite game, but it's just my opinion.[/q]FFVII happens to be my favourite game, but then that's just my opinion too.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Originally posted by Big D
    [q=Advent Child]To be honest, I find it absurd that an RPG could be ANYONE'S favourite game, but it's just my opinion.[/q]

FFVII happens to be my favourite game, but then that's just my opinion too.
    I think Advent Child's point is that it's absurd how some RPG is claimed to be everyone's favorite game, but I'm not sure.

Ok, maybe I was exaggerating a bit with my comments about FF6 since I was having a bad day. I still think the game is pretty good. There's still a lot of emotional parts in the game, such as (SPOILER)the opera scene, Tina finding out what love is, the death of Cayenne's family and how he can't get past that loss, Gau visiting his father who's a crazy old idiot, the ending etc. The musical score is also one of the best RPG scores, IMHO. However, the battle system still just isn't to my liking, there's too many useless characters and I don't like all of the story.

Overall, although FF6's a good game, IMHO, it's overrated, and I myself prefer FF7, a game which you probably find overrated.

EDIT: Whoops, I messed the spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Sefie1999AD; 11-16-2003 at 06:33 PM.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I've found that most Final Fantasy players whose favorite isn't 4 or 6, their favorite is 7 because that's what most started playing FF on. Whereas people that have played Final Fantasy before the Playstation came out have a better idea of how it has developed.

FFVII-FFX fanboys and fangirls need to realize that FFVI is just as good, if not better than those games. Some people seem biased towards 3D graphics, and think that anything 2D is not worth playing. Those are the ones who need educating.

There seems to be a lot of people who think this way. Therefore I believe that FFVI is under-rated.
    The CyberVeldt